Sometimes I wonder if I am just a twisted figment of my friends overactive imaginations. - Cheriss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Religious Interview

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religious Interview
If a preacher came up to you and asked you why or why not you are Christian... what would you say?

If you are Christian then why?
How did you choose Christianity over other religions?
Why would you reject it if your not Christian?
What actual reason do you have not to believe in it?

Much <3 all.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First and for most anyone who'd ask me this question is someone I wouldn't associate myself with. Their up there with the people that say okie dookie.

I'd say that I believe that some of Jesus' teachings were excellent but over the past two thousand years the church has really lost it's way. It's focus is more on tradition than actual morality. It also hasn't progressed times change and call for a change in thinking. Their answers have gaps and lack logical reasoning.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So your not Christian?
Because the church lost its way?

Or just because?

much <3

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i believ in a force be it god if u will, but i do not beleive in the church
it has lost its way. I belong to a pagan community which is much more peaceful, we still have values beleive in a god, and heaven and hell. But not your average beleiver.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well that's just the number one reason. Even if everything that Jesus did was 100% correct and he really was the son of God just look at what the church has done. Secondly I just don't buy it. To say that a man two thousand years ago made simple philosophy on how to live life put it in a book written by those who worshiped the guy(wouldn't there be a huge over exaggeration of what happened). Like two thousand years ago we weren't very smart. Take a few simple magic tricks tossed in with some views that make sense and wow we have a hoax.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd ask him to define Chrisitianity.

Then I'd tell him that I did not choose Christianity because some of its core beliefs are not logical (such as original sin.)

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would just tell him I was not a Christian and leave it at that unless he had more questions.

I wouldn't volunteer anymore information then what he asks. Religion is something I try not to argue about with others because everyone believes they're right. That's what it's all about, faith.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would also tell him/her I was not a Christian.
I would then say, I lead a better life without Christianity thank you very much. I don't need to be dependant on an illogic superstitious human constructed thought, commonly known as 'God'.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would say that i wasn't a christian, and that i get along better without christianity. I wouldn't give my reasons for not being christian though, because I don't really see the need to defend my choice to someone else.

"He who does not question is lost."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would tell him i was a jew.... and if he wanted proof, i would slowly unzip my fly for him... teehee

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I would tell him i was a jew.... and if he wanted proof, i would slowly unzip my fly for him... teehee

Cute.

"How am I not myself?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would tell him
"i am not a christian because i do not have a natural beleife in the faith. and the faith itself does not make sense to me, and holds no validity or security, only promises with no coladeral.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would say youve got about 4 secs to get off my property you religous misonary, seriouslly ive had that happen once but didnt get to do that cause my mom just had me tell them to come back some other time since she was busy. other then that i would say that i am not a christian cause i just am not and i chose that way becouse it had made my life better.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would tell him I believe it's all a human-created comfort and method of explaining the extremes and unanswered questions of the world. And although christianity can encourage good morals, I am highly skeptical of Jesus' story and validity. Oh, and the idea of god, with respect to most religions, seems incredibly farfetched to me.

"How am I not myself?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i chose that way becouse it had made my life better.

Care to elaborate on that?

quote:
I am highly skeptical of Jesus' story and validity.

I can see why someone would be sceptical of the existence of someone they never met but are you really trying to tell people who know Jesus that He didn't do what He said He did?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
Religious Interview
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy