White thread from the west... yellow thread from the east...black thread from the south... and brown thread from the south-east...all together can make the most wonderfull design ever seen. - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why be polite?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why be polite?
If you don't think the joke is funny, why do you laugh? If you don't hope to see that person again, why do you say that you do? If a woman you just met tells you that she's pregnant, why do you congratulate her if you could care less? Is it about respecting their feelings? If so, why do we need to respect their feelings?

We have mastered the art of insincerity and pretentiousness.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes our lives together go better when we respect the things that deserve to be respected and that we should respect some things independently of considerations of how our lives would go. Treating others the way you would like to be treated is usually 'best' in most scenarios such as in your examples.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But how respectful of someone's feelings are you if you have to be dishonest with them? I think we should say what we mean. That being said I believe that one should be tactful while doing so. Not dishonest just not painfully blunt.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree. If we keep on just letting things that go by we're making ourselves and that person worse. White lies are useful at times, but as little as possible.
I have a friend that is addicted to heroin at the age of 18. His whole life his parents didn't tell him what to do or say that they thought anything wa wrong with his drug use. His friends have been the same way, telling him fuck yah dude shoot that oxy in your arm or blow that line up your nose etc.. If someone would have been honest with him and said i think it's disgusting what you're doing and i would really like to see you stop that shit he would probably be in a better place now..

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you ask why be polite..

ok um how should i put this attolia.. Oh i got it.. Fuck you faggot you are a dumb son of a bitch questioning things like being polite.. why dont you stop coming here and just get a fucking life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 37yrs • M •
the best way to find out is by doing.. ok well i shut off my computer thinking about how you might respond..

then i got it! the reason for being to polite is to keep the PEACE....

now why keep the peace is another question

personally i would like to keep the peace so im SORRY (me being polite agian) for my last post

ps u said "We have mastered the art of insincerity" well then try to master being more sincere to the point you can comfortably tell a person something is not funny

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The reason we have manners is because being blunt would mean people will have to face the truth. For example a women is sensitive about her weight. People tip toe around it because they're afraid to tell them they're fat. Most people do this because after it's done the response is a barrel of cries. I see being polite as an easy way out. It's certainly easier to lie than have to deal with a women crying about how the stairmaster on tv didn't work.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Jacker. It is the easiest way out, and to try to change the habitual comments to a receiver would be a rude slap in the face... So it's much easier to be passive and let someone else do the dirty work. But I'm getting a bit off subject now, so I'm going to be 'polite' and shutup. Maybe I'm not really being polite but trying to save my ass. SoI also believe that in not telling the truth on an opinion is the same as keeping your mouth shut, because you're not being constructive... And now I'm confusing myself. -_-

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just wanted to bring this topic to light and get the opinions of others. I want people to be more honest. This doesn't mean I want everyone to blurt out exactly how they feel, but to express it in a way the other person would understand.

I am working to becoming more sincere when dealing with people. But it was still tough when I had to face the blank stare of the woman who told me she was pregnant when I could care less. I didn't smile or congratulate her. In this situation, do you think I should have said something?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It seems to mean you are confusing being insincere with fascade. Being insincere meaning you really don't give a flyin f* what they do, say, or have just as long as it comes out good for you. A fascade is someone who's does and say what everyone else does such as laughing at a joke when it's not funny, telling a fat woman shes just big boned, etc....Saying these things to be accepted or politcaly correct. These things are not said out of sincerety but because we want to fit in with everyone else.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have noticed that i am not polite. i enjoy letting those barrels of tears go in other people. it makes me feel like i have acomplished something.
i told a girl that it is all possible that she will never, ever,ever see her dead sister again. and that it is about fucking time she realized. exact words. she creid in the middle of a crowd of people for about three minutes and i thuikn she was a better person after words.

we are polite, at least i think so, because
1. we have been progamed to be by insecure people throughout our lives. people feel soory for the fat girl?! guess what. its her fault she is so fat.
2. it is he easiest/quikest way out. yep, most people dont give a shit about other people, so they dont do anything because they are to lazy to get involved and perhaps save their life (jacker's freind)
3. we are embarresed. people need to stop being so insecure
4. to keep the peace

why these are bad
1. DONT LET SOMEONE TELL YOU HOW TO THINK ! ! !
2. STOP BEING SO FUCKING LAZY, IT'S DISGUSTING ! ! !
3. GET OVER YOURSELF, YOU'RE NOT HOT SHIT ! ! !
4. IF CONFRONTATION IS NEEDED, FUCKING DO IT. NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN, AND IF IT DOES... SO BE IT ! ! !

but thats probably just me.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I am working to becoming more sincere when dealing with people. But it was still tough when I had to face the blank stare of the woman who told me she was pregnant when I could care less. I didn't smile or congratulate her. In this situation, do you think I should have said something?

If you had said something would you have meant it?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Awakend,

I was about to point out some of you fallacies and ignorant statements. Untill I got a call from a pissant small minded anti-life carpet muncher. I work in a helpdesk environment for the state. We recive calls everyday about how this doesn't work and how the computers dumb for not responding to my request when in actualty they're brain is overloaded with useless knowledge and thier fingers are to fat from siting around all day. I take calls from people like that who have money and think because you're called helpdesk it's eqivical to slave and that means you are to take my crap make a sandwich of it and eat it with a smile on your face. (maybe that's why I leave everyday hemoraging.) I'm not saying not to be polite and courteous to others i'm saying there are people out here who need that encouragment or white lie to put them over the top to get out of our face but to the other bloats that just suck up everything good in mother natures tits needs to get every negativity coming there way.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so lie to them and make them feel better. yeah.. thats the way to go. wait a second. haven't you, and many other people on this site, condemd the president for the exact same thing. yeah i think you have. of course i have fallicies ass hole. wait no i dont. do you know what fallicies ar. they are lies.

see this is me not being polite and getting the job done.

fuck you. stop trying to better me and everyone else here. this is not a pissing contest forum. so zip your pants up.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
i find it better to not offend or annoye anyone.. it is far more wise to keep peace than to battle each other

when we battle we bring each other down and waste energy

when we have peace and help each other we gain energy

Why be polite?
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy