In order to be free, you must first know that you are free, and then you must believe it, because what you know is what you are and what you believe is who you are. - ravenclaw
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why be polite? - Page 3

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Even though being brash and brutally honest in the past has worked for you; doesn't mean that it's the correct behaviour towards another human being. Maybe you were raised to be explicitly honest. who knows but that type of thinking breeds hate and malious. Your test subject that you tried it on tell me more. i would like to know and does she come back to you for more advice or does she run.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why does honesty have to be a weapon? Why can't a person be honest with the intention of encouraging another instead of bringing them down?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that is what i use it for. i wasnt trying to make her cry.. well i was, but it wasnt to make her feel bad. it was to teach her. and what kind of encouragemant is better than teaching.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Honesty arms you with truth and helps you break the strongholds of death destroy those things that keep you ignorance. Heres something honest I've learned alot from awaken his honesty at times was willed as a sword that cut a lot of fat and sh*t out of my messages that help me to get back focused on what i was thinking it's deffinately not were it i want it to be but there are other masters out there that's gonna show me different ways of willing my knowledge and wisdom.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my boss is laughing with me, and the girls realize that i was just joking and become more observant of themselves and that they might be wrong.

and see, i understand that there are other ways. this is just mine, and it does work. ofcourse i read each person and decide which method i should use. im not an idiot, if i know that my way will not work, i'll try another. and i geuss that is what this is about. why try the others? becuase not every fight is worth fighting.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm nearly always polite, it doesn't cost anything and it doesn't cause animosity. As for laughing at a joke thats not funny well, the way I see it, if someone has taken the time to make a fool out of themselves telling a crap joke in an attempt to make you smile, the least you could do is let them think they've succeeded, at least one of you can walk away happy!!!

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People that make bad jokes are usually looking more for attention and acceptance than to make you smile. When someone's sincere about trying to make you smile it shows itself in some way. When someone is sincere about trying to get you to like them, that also shows itself in some way. It's hard to fake sincerity so if you really are being honest with people in an attempt to help them, that's gonna come across.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
LoneByrd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Politeness exists so that humans can coexist with everyone, manners and politeness comes along with some similar points of society, it's there to keep order and stop chaos.

Without politeness, people would be at each other's throats, if everyone said what they truly throught, there would be a lot of "blood".

Manners are there to keep the peace. (Period)

"Reality hits hard. Your perception hits it even harder."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Politeness is the art of choosing among your thoughts

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
Why be polite? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy