He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johncon
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Grand Religious Theories

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Grand Religious Theories
I am curious if any of you have you're own total theories on the spiritual, religious world. If you don't want to share them (i'm not really wild about doing so myself) thats fine just maybe speak a little on it.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't really have a religion anymore I used to be christian because I grew up in that life style but now im more of N/A. lol Anyways though I think that ANYTHING is possible even though I don't understand everything. So if I were to say I had a religion I would say that it is the religion of reality. In reality anything could be possible and that is just mind boggling. Just my opinion. Any thoughts?

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Raven & I had many discussions on the subject. For us, the [moral, etc] spiritual aspect has greater significance than the religious belief system. Doctrine is suppose to communicate & guide the [spiritual] attitude of the practioners.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
I couldn't agree more. My own personal beliefs well i shouldn't even use that word because beliefs are more of a static way of thinking than how i usually am. Not to say that i don't keep any of my ideas the same and i'm just flimsy and flip around to whatever appeals to me, just that sometimes certain things appeal to my spiritual self much more than others. Sometimes i'm super-realistic (sometimes to much) other times everything i do is totally ummmm how do i say, almost ridiculously based on faith.. almost on a superstitious level but not, get it? But i suppose it is nice to keep myself open minded all the time that way i'll keep learning at the rate i have been, and to this point i haven't learned anything that goes against what i've been thinking since i started my journey

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not sure I know what you're asking, but here it goes:

There is a scientific explination of the spiritual world, we just have not found it.

It is like a mirror reflection of the physical world. What happens in the physical world has an effect on the spiritual and likewise, what happens in the spiritual effects the physical. Communications between these two worlds is what religion is about (ie: prayer/meditation).

The spiritual world however is a higher plain, as all things physical were shaped from the spiritual.

We are the only animal on this earth that voluntarily practices religion, and that is because a part of spiritual world is within us.

All the other animals were just created, but God breathed within us the breath of life. Re: Genesis. This is why we are the Lords of the earth.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
**applause** Exactly what i was looking for. Beautiful, thank you very much. So, then, what are your ideas, based on this, of things like death or reincarnation. Do you die and return to this spiritual world or do you exist in both simultaneously? Maybe you go back to the spiritual world until you've earned another chance down here or vice versa. I don't want to discredit anything you've thought of at all so if you've not a good response for these then please don't just make one to oblige me and this thread, what you've done so far is appreciated greatly and i am noone to belittle your beliefs by making you feel forced to answer when you havent even answered to yourself. The only reason i'm so curious is because this idea you've set out is similar to mine and maybe learning more about what you have thought about could help me out.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm not sure I know what you're asking, but here it goes:

There is a scientific explination of the spiritual world, we just have not found it.

It is like a mirror reflection of the physical world. What happens in the physical world has an effect on the spiritual and likewise, what happens in the spiritual effects the physical. Communications between these two worlds is what religion is about (ie: prayer/meditation).

The spiritual world however is a higher plain, as all things physical were shaped from the spiritual.

We are the only animal on this earth that voluntarily practices religion, and that is because a part of spiritual world is within us.

All the other animals were just created, but God breathed within us the breath of life. Re: Genesis. This is why we are the Lords of the earth.

Sorry I gotta dissagree with you for a second.....we're the only ANIMAL on earth that practices religion because we're the only ANIMAL on earth that fell in sin. Religion is a displacement of faith, is a half truth, the touch of the spiritual world that you want but not the fullness of the spiritual world that you need. Religion is based on a desire to feel, a desire to see, a desire to be something that you already are....Love of the almighty is not something that religion can show you but it's something that you have to look for for yourself....

And you're right also, because everything that happens in the spiritual world (the beginning) also happens here, so the king in heaven is the king on earth, the beast in heaven is the beast on earth....the only difference is in the physical/human understanding of these two comparisons.....

As for existing in the spiritual as well as the physical?...there is no other way, life has to come from somewhere, but it depends on the life you live in this body....living in the physical is the training of the spirit, if you don't know how to use the spirit of life right, then how can you be granted the gift of immortality (the right to return constantly)? Life is a constant flow, and personalites come from the union of spirit and body....so if your personality is fucked up...then believe that it's not comming back again, but that spirit will constantly live on.....forever in the flame of the almighty wrath of the father until you learn.....Fire brings purification....and up until the day of judgement every body that is returned has a chance to be purified from the fire that you're in....when you understand what that fire is then you'll understand the full process of purification.....life is constant....death is the beginning as well as the end of all things....can't stay too long and explain more, but i'll be back...

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
730 - your dissagreement is noted

Fin - Ofcourse you know we don't know, we're all guessing here, so the best I can give you is my best guess, and this is based on memories, dreams and items I have studied.

I don't beleive in hell and heaven is a transitory place within the spiritual world. I'm not exactly sure what goes on there, but its a place we go, but we don't get to stay there. I dreamt that I was a bank robber in the 1800s and was shot three times in the back by a bounty hunter while I was leaving a Luthern church. I remember before I was born and I did not want to come here but I had to.

From what I have studied, we return to our maker and nolonger ourselves. This is the wedding Jesus speaks of.

42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
All things are God. You are God. I am God. These words are God. This world is God. Everything. God in the deep sense, I mean. Not the Judaio-Christian belief of God. Not to say they are exactly different either though, just the way people choose to worship them and base their beliefs around them. But those people are God as well. Once, you can truly understand this you can forget ideas like death, birth, etc and begin to just live in this world. You can't die back into living, and you can't be born when you were never dead. Everything is constant and everything is God. God is all.

"Eternally misunderstood."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
interestingly enough dolphins congregate at predetermined destinations on certain phases of the moon cycle and hold a ceremony where they form somewhat of a circle and speak up into the sky. it strikes many experts as a primitive religious service.

"dont got one"
 64yrs • M •
do dolphins do this voluntarily or involuntarily.

Animals follow an instinct like the birds who fly south. While we may have an instinct, we may or may not follow it.

That is interesting about the dolphins - I was amazed by the whales who travel accross oceans following the same paths and we can't even do that without navagation equipment.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not sure how that could be determined, it is an interesting distinction, though

"dont got one"
 67yrs • M •
jpeni is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
After 60 years of looking for the answers - I decided that there is NO answer.

The human race may be been started with some intelligent design or outside intervention, but that designer is no longer involved....there is no one to pray to....we are on our own.

And if that intelligence still exists, it has probably shaken its head in disbelief at what we do in the name of religion and moved on to more meaningful activities.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree that there is no answer.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
On the other hand, if they say their is a bear in those woods
if you chance upon it then you too will agree from your heart.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Grand Religious Theories
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy