Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Should the US become the next major empire?

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is an interesting thought, many countries like Britian and France, not to mention Rome have all had major world empires. Why not the US?

"What is true power?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bigger they are, the harder they fall. in a sense the US is an empire, its just not PC to label it as such.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
empire's usually fall because they dont know how to distribute power. we are essentially an empire, but then again we are uniuqe from all others

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd have to agree with Wyote. The US is already an empire but if we said so, that would make us into one of the "evil" governments we are opposed to.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 35yrs • M
empires are not evil.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rember there is no real evil its just our own opionion and by common defintion yes some empires are evil rember nazi germany or some time periods of the roman empire(they had good and bad). there are others i just thnk of right now.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • M
some demacrocys are evil. at one point in american history, an african president that was legally elected by its citisens was assasinated by our government because he refused to agknowledg our existence.

37yrs • M •
I know that all empires are not evil. Hence evil was in quotes. And yes you do have a point. Many democracies can and/or already are evil. It is also very easy for a charismatic figure to seize a democracy and turn it into an empire/dictatorship.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 35yrs • M
so just because we are an empire does not mean we are one of those governments. and sorry if my tone is angry. im not.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what would differ if US were to become an empire?>

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 37yrs • M •
ummm nothing would chang.... cause we are an empire. It's just if we said we were, we would be even more hypocritical than we are now.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there would be no division between state and nation. our leader would have ultimate power and use it regularly.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
which bush already does aye

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think being called an empire would mean ultimate power. and the only reason that america is not called an empire is because it was not taken by conquest by another country. (well it was, but what i mean, is after taking over from the american natives, the european invaders then claimed independence from their previous countries.) so in essence it was one big country, not a mass of small countries conquered and ruled by one country. with other great empires, one country has always been the driving force britain or france or rome, no other country has had any say, whereas the whole of america supposedly has diplomatic vote.

As for empires not knowing how to distribute power, that was often not the problem, most had well organised structures, the problem was that they had no way of effectively communicating over long distances. had there been hte current electronic mean of communication available at the time, it is possible that many of the empires would still be around.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What about starting small, with say conquering canada and mexico. Then some of South America. But instead of making them states, make them commonwealths like peurto rico, that gets to keep its independence ( more or less ) while being ecnonmically tied to the US. After it got big enought all commonwealths would have a say in congress.

"What is true power?"
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy