People don't want something or someone to believe in. People want something or someone to believe in them. - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Should the US become the next major empire? - Page 3

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but just because thats what they set out to do, doesnt mean it is best to follow them. and i beleive that that is what they set out to do. plant that mind frame in poeple everywhere.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness . . . as long as you choose to value the same life style, Theirs.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Another politcal philospher was John Locke, and if you remember his notion of life, liberty, and property inspired jefferson when writing the declaration of independence. He believed the en do not justify the means. As a matter of fact i believe he even quotes that in his social contract theory, though i might have to look that up for an exact reference.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M
they are. and that is the irony. because are wars are justified by the end

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 72yrs • M •
Not much on muusic but vaguely remember a line like that, [maybe Mommas & Papas] go ahead & hate your neighbors, go ahead & cheat a friend . . . you can justify it in the end.
the bloody morning after . . one tin solier rides away?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to sing that song all the time, it has been so long, I don't believe I can remember all the words.

We were a great power once, don't know if we still are or not. We're not richest but we do have the largest military by far.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
Hmm . . . the best defense is a good offense; oh well lead astray again! Being offensive is not defending your or anyones right; it is initiating action, which provoke reactions.

35yrs • M
it is a very hard thing to do, good. at least it is a hard hting to do with out upseting somebody. the way we think, is that although we may be hurting them now, it is for the greater good. and that is it. is that an empire. we may never know. is that bad. i do not know, but i do beleive it is much like not giving them the choice between the blue pill and the red pill. and that is hard to swallow as an american my self. no... not hard to swallow, just hard to get someone else to.

48yrs • M •
sy nyt is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
most powerful military yes. and economy ...... their working on it.

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya - Dick Cheney's economy is doing real well - His Haliburton stocks are now worth 8 million.

Surely THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Should the US become the next major empire? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy