Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

evolutýon????

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
ahmetcelik is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
evolutýon????
I ask for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer

"ahmet"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heres your logical answer.. we cant build a building without a ground floor cause were not capable we can build a theory without explaining the (SUPPOSED) first living organism becasue we are capable...

(well for the sake of refuting your first claim maybe its possible to take airplanes near eacother and build some sort of building as thier flying then again the airplane would be a base (some sort of ground floor but not quite the one i think your thinking of)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
what??? if evolution incudes the big bang theory maybe i can see your point.. but if your talking about our conclusions of some evolving process why would we need to know the orgional first casue if any to conclude findings after it?? thats like me asking you how do you know how humans have made other humans in the past couple centuries without knowing our orgins?? We can make observations about all kinds of things including relgiion history digin without really knowing orgins either..

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes evolution makes sense in that regards. But, then explain why we still have monkeys?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
becouse evolution is a spradic effect of muttaoin the probabillity that it will mutate is so high that that it takes thousand maybe millions of years for something to evolve unles more outside dircetion is applyed so there fore we still have monkeys.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
eliasan if you dont mind go into why we still have monkeys.. because i always come back to that to and what you said woudl make sense if i wer more intelligent but ia m not

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 37yrs • M •
DrumMajor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Evolution is not a singular event. If a creature developes to a new species it isn't jsut a flash of light and all monkeys are magically humans, it is a slow process, humans phase in. Consecutive evolutionary steps can exist simultaneously. Furthermore if monkeys are still fit enough to survive even with thier new competition (humans) they will not die out but continue procreating allowing prolonged monkey/human interaction.

40yrs • M •
WE DIDNT COME FROM MONKEY'S WE CAME FROM A COMMON ANSESTOR thats why it doesnt contradict evolution to have these monkeys.. i like monkeys

40yrs • M •
woops maybe we did come from monkeys.. but that was still a false analogy (first poast, and i see youve started that question in other forums when i was looking up monkeys) maybe the monkeys will slowly turn into humans,, its called LATE BLOOMERS.. dont be so sketptical to that extent..

im not pro monkey i hate monkeys.. just defending them (or us)

40yrs • M •
nevermind apperanlty i wasnt wrong of what i said before.. chek it out

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat02.html

ands

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mevolution.html

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the reason humans and apes both still exsist is due to the nature of their individual evolution. at some point in time there was a divergence from a common anscestor that humans and apes have. ape ancestors became more muscular and larger using size and strength to their advantage while human ancestors learned to use tools which caused them to begin walking upright and allowed them to gain problem solving capabilites.

both divergences were advantageous in different ways, clearly the humanoids won out on generating a greater population, but apes have remained because of sheer muscle mass and size.... you try fighting one on your own!

btw there is no "missing link" per se. it is just difficult to determine exactly when this divergence occured due to the lack of physical evidence.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
exactly what Wyote said.

Humans are apes. We just descended and diverged from different ape species. The process involved is known as natural selection. Individuals that are better adapted to their environment are more likely to reproduce, and their fertile offspring will carry on these favored traits. Humans diverged from common ancestors and adapted to different ways of life, ie. use of tools. (this is known as speciation-adaptive radiation).

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
here is a rudimentary drawing for you visual folks.

http://www.amonline.net.au/human_evolution/images/image002.gif

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do all species evolve at the same rate?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No all species evolve at different rates. This depends on:
- mutations.
- genetic drift.
- gene flow.
- random mating and
- selection.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
evolutýon????
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy