Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do you deserve respect? - Page 3

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but you had the same amount of not enough time to interact with them. So therefore they should both deserve the same respect

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have preferences

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Respect needs to be earned and shouldn't be given to everyone. If everyone respected each other then respect would mean nothing. if respect was just handed out like flyers it would mean nothing a mere freebie. You should love everyone for being a human being but that does not mean you have to respect them. Not to mention how much better respect feels earned then handed to you.

A younger person although has the serious disadvantage in wisdom do to the lack of life experience can still have more wisdom than an elder. An elder who does not learn from his day to day experiences versus a youngster who changes when problems occur can have more wisdom. For example your having a problem with an employer. Instead of taking the same approach sometimes you should try something new. If you just repeat yourself in all situations your life experience will mean nothing versus someone who corrects the problem.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"If everyone respected each other then respect would mean nothing"

this analogy is used way too often.
and i think you are wrong. i think it would still meen something.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's a reason why it's used all too often. It's because it works. Hearing the same joke over and over loses it's sense of humor.

But, i feel you need to give reasons to sway someone in your favor. You can't just say your wrong there needs to be a reason or explaination.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What Jacker Jones said about earning respect may seem harsh, but I believe that we all act that way. When we meet someone, we learn who they are and respect them accordingly. You can't respect a stranger because you have no reason to respect them because you do not know anything about them.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hypothetical situation:

a person is 47 and does nothing to help the society that he takes from.... he lives with his parents who provide shelter and food.. all the basics for survival.. he spends his time watching tv all day long, then goes to sleep when he feels like it.. he does not work.. all he does is take, without contributing a single thing..

he has been this way ever since he dropped out of high
school..

now another person (a teenager) is a high honors student in his senior year of high school who has a part-time job.. does community services like, cutting grass in the summer, fundraising, shoveling snow in the winter, tutoring other kids that need extra help.. the list goes on and on.. and on top of it all he is on the soccer team volleyball team and is in the band.. when he graduates he is going to get an additional summer job before he attends college..

now are you telling me that this mid life 47 year old high school drop out deserves the high accomplishing teenager in high school's respect? just cause he has been on this earth, eating, breathing, thinking, and sleeping longer

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
One should respect all humans based on their humanity. To do otherwise causes things like racism.

36yrs • F •
Define humanity for me, etherealmeekle, and provide an example. That term seems so vague.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
Being a human. It is that simple you deserve my respect because you are a human and therefore you are a very valuable person.

36yrs • F •
Let me bring back the example of the prostitute and the virgin. They are both human. Do I grant them automatic respect?

39yrs • M •
Yes unless you assume that one is better than the other and therefore more deserving of admiration.

37yrs • M •
what is respect really? is it giving credit to someone or just saying you are human so am i

39yrs • M •
Because if you do not respect humanity as a whole you start to think of some groups as being better than others and thats when people like Hitler decide to remove some of the disrepectful ones

37yrs • M •
as long as you do not cross the line and act upon others then respect shouldnt be an issue... i do have respect for the human race, some people i do not respect but i would never think so much of myself to harm them... no one is to be rejected.. there are limits and regulations..

Do you deserve respect? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy