Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

*Making Life Pointless* - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I agree. This is how I see it:
Life is about the up's and down's of our experiences. We have to experience physical suffering such as pain, injury, tiredness, sickness, old age, and eventually death; and we have to endure psychological suffering like fear, frustration, sadness and depression. Where there is love, there is pain. Life should be a balance. Suffering is part of this balance. Without suffering brings no happiness. Suffering can be overcome by removing the causes.

It depends on the degree of suffering that is the problem. When one who experiences too much pain, suffering becomes a negative force. The other problem is when suffering is forced onto others- ie, bashing or rape.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
life is about duality-like you say where there is love there is pain. life in this world really is about having moments of sadness and happiness. they will come in meure to all but with different forms and circumstance.

however you can wake up from this. free will contains the ablity to change. you see predictions are really based upon the statistical pobability of an event occuing. only habit keeps it there. thus, change your behaviour, change the event. if you classify the event as just nature taking course without reaction, less a reassuring smile there is no pain; moreso if you wish you can change the believed occurence relative to the magnitude of your belief.

""No words""
 71yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that dibs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so my lifetime thought that "Ignorance is bliss" has just been shot out of the saddle ??

the best and most lasting lessons I have learned in my many many years -- are those that came from "trials-tribulation-pain or tears" - those lessons teach each of us how fortunate we are - and teach us to relate to others in need
[b]

"Let your heart guide you ..... It whispers, so listen closely!"
 71yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that dibs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As I read some of your comments here, I have to say that many of you have wisdom beyond your years !!

"Let your heart guide you ..... It whispers, so listen closely!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
YES, I BELIEVE WE NEED TO EXPERIENCE BOTH GOOD AND BAD IN ORDER TO REALIZE THEYRE OPPOSITES, AND ACCEPT IT. ITS WHERE MUCH OF OUR IDENTITY WILL FLOURISH AS WE DECIDE WHERE WE BELONG. FOR EXAMPLE, IF ALL YOU KNEW WAS HUNGER,POVERTY, EVIL AND SUCH IF YOU WERE NOT AWARE OF THE EXISTANCE OF THE OPPOSITES OF THIS THEN YOU WOULDNT SEE IT AS EVIL YOU WOULDNT BE SAD OR ANGRY FOR SUCH A MISERABLE LIFE SINCE THATS ALL YOU KNOW, ITLL BE NORMAL.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
*Making Life Pointless* - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy