The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Uncross the lines - Page 3

User Thread
 67yrs • F •
grandmaPeggy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Level 23! (young whippersnappers!)javascript:addtexttoform('thrdbody',''
javascript:addtexttoform('thrdbody',''

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance."
[  Edited by grandmaPeggy at   ]
 67yrs • F •
grandmaPeggy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why doesn't my screen shot of my level 23 solution show up? Dang! 838million plus points!

67yrs • F •
Level 24: 72:43 minutes, 1,677,688,619 points! How the heck do the points add up? Does anybody know what the highest level is? Is anybody else even trying this anymore?

67yrs • F •
okay...level 25 has been conquered. back to real life now!

time: 93.22
score: 3,355,404,617

53yrs • M •
Galactapuss is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I played up to level 11, but it got too crowded after that. The problem isn't the lines so much as the size of the dots at the vertices. I saved the web page in Firefox, then opened uncross-the-lines.swf in an .swf editor (Sothink SWF Quicker). I tried to edit the width and height parameters, but all that did was make most of the game appear off screen. The starting parameters (level, number of lines) are in function start_game. Number of lines = level +3. I was able to make the dots smaller and the lines a bit thinner. The result is something much more manageable at levels past 10. If I can get the forum's image uploader to work, i'll post a screenshot I made of level 25 (378 vertices) and level 100 (4950 vertices). Gandan above as an example (level 22, 300 vertices, 1 hr 11 min 26 sec), level 100 would take just under 20 hrs to complete.

53yrs • M •
Galactapuss is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Here's a level 100 screenshot. Of course I didn't play up to this level. I set level = 100 and num_lines = 103. The furthest i've got so far is level 11.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that ayi is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nice game! it's intellectually stimulating.

""Fight not because you're brave but because you're a coward who wanted to prove something."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's entertaining and addicting

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
by level 18 i killed myself.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
Uncross the lines - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy