It's deliciously ironic how we sheer sheep to clothe ourselves in the latest fashion. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dreams... useless or amazing

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have two main theories on dreams and lucid dreaming... post if you agree with either one, have a different one, or have something to add.

Our brain is the most powerfull calculator that will ever be, it can do math that would take hours to do on paper in seconds... such as catching a baseball, shooting a basketball, driving, hitting a baseball and much more. Dreams are our brain taking information for the outside world and calculating the most likely prediction of what is to come.

I have about 10 dreams a month that within a year come true, exactly as i dreamnt. there are other dreams i have that i remember for a week, then forget about... then YEARS later i see an image that looks very familiar and i realize it is the image from my dream... with those dreams i cannot see text or hear words or any find detail like that, but i am positive that is what i saw was from my dreams.

These types of dreams are lucid dreams, however i do not effect them. i have so many i just let them go knowing im dreaming... its really fun. =)

If you learn to dream lucidly, then interpret your dreams, life becomes so much easier... i found something new about what my girlfriend wants for her birthday in my last night dream, and i asked one of her friends if it was true... and it was.

I dont believe this one that strongly but, its still there. Dreams are our subconciouns rearanging the memories of the day flashing "pictures" across our "vision" which we make into a "motion picture"

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i do have many many dreams come true every month and i do not have to be asleep to know what will happen. I have predicted monstrous and deadly storms such as tornadoes across the midwest. and smaller things that are not that important.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 35yrs • M •
i've just learned how to do this wihout sleeping... by meditating in the 4th dimension. its crazy, you should learn to do it.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow. sounds....interesting. you two sound delusional! but its prolly only because i know very little about the dreaming process. I dont believe in predicting the future in dreams. BS we make the future as we move and live. Thinking you can predict something is fantasy. dreams are a collection of unproperly dispersed emotions from the last day or two. I always dream about things that struck me funny, things that woke up a certain part of my brain i dont normally use.

34yrs • F •
it is not fantasy. Even read the Bible. The Bible predicted everything thats happening today in the world.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 35yrs • M •
fnckoff... the bible did not predict anything. it all depends on interpret it... im sure i could find a part that says that bush is supposed to be president if i wanted to.

anyway... the dreams arent predicting the future, they are making educated guesses as to what will happen... i have had dreams that are almost the same thing as what happens but not exactly... yeah

34yrs • F •
the Bible did predict the future. and my dreams are of exactly what happens. the exact sounds. the exact actions. everything.

36yrs • M •
ferdi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
you can never possibly know how many dreams have acctually come true, only the very small percentage that you remember, concidering we have hundreds to thousands of dreams in one night, for proof this is possible, have you ever fallin asleep for merely 2 minutes, had a dream, and woke up. The dream felt as if it were hours long, thouhg it was only 2 minutes?

This rises another question, if time can seem longer, cant it seem shorter in a dream?...which asks, if we can alter our "mind" to cause us to have dreams that feel longer, there by making us believe our life were hundreds of years long, though in the reality of earth they are only the length of 80 or 90 years? perhaps, perhaps anything is possible...

"death is inevitable"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As far back as i can remember, ive been able to control everything that happens in my dreams.. it wasn't untill a few years ago that i didn't realise other people couldnt do this. And what is even more odd. Most of the time I can simulate all my senses in my dreams... So in theory wouldn't that be "real" ? i mean since reality is being able to sense all the things happening around you and to you ? On a few occasions I was dreaming i was doing something around my house and im like ooh yea im dreaming, then i wake up and im right there. [ dreaming i was getting something from my fridge and i woke up and i was already reaching for the milk ] It was pretty freaky... And like i read in a couple people's posts i too have had dreams come true.. like telling my grandma the winning #'s to the daily 3 lottery thing. And i was sittin on my couch just like in my dream and i seen the exact #'s come up in the order i told her... I've also practiced many things i dont have time for when im awake such as my japanese to skydiving[very fun] i wanna try it sometime in real life

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 39yrs • M •
cray is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dreams are just a compilation of subconsious thoughts and desires. They are full of truths far too complex for the human mind to fully decode. Claims of dreams being able to predict the future are perposterous because dreams only posses information which has been processed and stored by your brain up untill that point. It is possible for dreams to make predictions but only under the strict pretense that it must only be based on information which has been processed and stored up until that point.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreams aren't really supposed to be much of anything. From what i do know, They are just completely random signals being sent to your brain when you're sleeping. It doesnt really recognize what these signals are, so It tries to do its best and process them into images and thoughts. [your crazy dreams that make no sense] To people they make be more symbolic because you could see something very important about yourself or another matter but its just being shown in a different form. I might not have explained this well enough for some to understand so here is a link which i think could do a better job.. http://science.howstuffworks.com/dream.htm

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree with cray on this one. dreams could predict the future to a limited extent, as you can often work out what will happen next from your knowledge of what has already happened. if you've done something you can quite clearly imagine what will happen when you see the person it affected, and how they will react.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 38yrs • M •
huyties is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have had dreams where i can control what i'm doing also but sometimes i can. I've had dreams that i think have come true but i'm not sure. I've had dreams where i wake up right before i would die. Dreams are just dreams. They're just your mind being bored and making up stuff to keep itself occupied based on information that it already has. Have you ever noticed that if your under the influence of anything and you go to bed.. your dreams are way more messed up. Now if a person was under the influence all the time then how are any of your theories true?

34yrs • F •
also its been proven that even little kids can control their dreams. its not a rare thing. Everyone i know can do it. not to mention, its been proven that if you dream over and over about doing something (example: skateboarding: dreaming you can do a trick) and then you try it, chances are you will do it. you may not land it immediatly but you wouldnt be practcing for days or months on it because your mind already knows the sequence of events.

39yrs • F •
Liveless is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dreams are our brain taking information for the outside world and calculating the most likely prediction of what is to come. ^^I dont believe so, sometimes it really is that, with some people.. Sometimes its more like De Ja Vu and sometimes its just something u think bout, or a fear or somthing like that. Like I have fobia for dogs so i dream bout em a lot of times, and they always attackig me. Dreams can be, weird, funny, scary, interasting

1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy