A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I need a cigarette

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I need a cigarette
Today i find many of my peers saying this exact line... i cant blame them, because i am one of them. I dont know what it is really, maybe its because i am a burnout? maybe one of you smart arses out there can cue me in on it? Oh here is my reason why i smoke, though most health cynics might say "a reason?", it slows everything down. its like taking a hammer and beating the living crap out of time causeing it to collide and stop, maybe not stoping but just slow enough so that i can catch my breath and concentrate on what really matters, attending Stanford. ? ? ?

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thats a good question.......i've been a regular smoker since i was 14.....the reason i started really smoking though was because i smoked a lot of pot, and when i didnt have pot i wanted to smoke something so i started smoking cigs........i no longer smoke pot, but still smoke cigeretts....im addicted now, i guess.......but it's interesting why so many young people start smoking in the first place.....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it does allow some people a moment of clarity. that cig is almost like a small form of meditation. it goes beyond an addiction to become more of a ritual, almost a religeous experience for a moment. and if youre an atheist, it provides a lot of comfort for a short time.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow, i am surprised, usally people crtize it and say that what i am doin is wrong. I repect u guys... i really do. i dunno, maybe when i mature a lil more i might find the answers thanks.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 40yrs • M •
of course its wrong, youd have to have your head in the mud not to know that. cigs create a chemical imbalance which contributes a great deal to the addiction. but there is also a very deep psychological addiction for a lot of people. people become addicted to a lot of different things. if it helps you become a better person then generally it is not seen as an addiction... studying is a perfect example, ever heard that term "study-holic" .....mhmm.

cigs dont make you a better person, they cause you to become dependant upon something. something that over time can cause a lot of problems and even kill you.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i smoke, and i dont think it's wrong.....it's just not a bright idea, because of the reasons wyote already mentioned

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 37yrs • F •
Ripplez is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
im not a smoker but sometimes i think that smoking would make me a happier person. i think the puffing would be soothing and even entertaining while i walk.

40yrs • M •
play some russian roulette, i hear thats pretty entertaining.

32yrs • F •
XGuitarXGurl13X is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wow i have only been smoking for about a week, and i doubt im actually addicted to it yet. but i think im like, mentally addicted, because i constantly find myself wanting one.

"i am who i am, if you don't like who i am, well all you're going to get is who i am. [avril lavigne]"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ChokingV is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i've been smoking for about a year or a year and a half now. i think tre parker that said it best, "a cigarette is about the only vacation that some people get." i like it when i smoke because at that one moment in time that cigarette is all i have to focus on, don't have to think about class, work, girlfriends, my pissed off best friend, nothing.

"i don't like the idea of "nothingness", it makes me anxious"
 35yrs • F •
AnnaBeirce is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Smoking is calming and soothing and pleasurable...and deadly. All good things come with a price. I need a cigarette.

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when the day is done when all the cacophony of the world has come to a halt you realize im smoking? it gives you a point when all you think about is the toxin going in to you and slowly killing you then you slowly breath all of that crap out, yet there always seems to be a little left. you wish that you could do the same with all the other problems just push them out and away. just to feel alone and content before you merge with reality again when you feel all of those thoughts cramming there way back into your head you have no peace. except for that one moment.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 40yrs • M •
Shotokan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i typed in that i need a ciggy and this popped up. i have quit smoking many a time, this time only because i'm broke. unfortunatly i also just broke up with my gf, and i am stressed as a mofo, it really sux. i know they have ciggies at the store less then a block away and that all my friends would give me a smoke or even 10 bux to buy a pack. but not being able to smoke is almost the best thing that's happened to me since thursday it is now sunday. i will likely smoke again as i cannot seem to quit more then a couple days tops i've tried all the over the counter things. time to see a doctor i guess. i have been smoking 10 years. and to all those that have only been smoking a short while i recommend quitting while you can

"if the world is round, who's on top?"
 36yrs • F •
phiktion is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well I found this as i typed in "i need a cigarette" as I am frustrated to be left without. I left my pack at a friend's, came home, put the baby up for a nap. Did some dallying, went to go for a smoke. And no smokes. After getting mildly frustrated, as it has now been about 6 hours without a cigarette. I was at ease to find this page. A somewhat distraction to my addiction.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
 32yrs • F •
Aldaw is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
How come I have been smokin for like 3-4 years and I'm not addicted?
I mean I dont have the usual problems( headache, crankiness etc) if I take a break for a few weeks or even a month.

The reason why I take these breaks is not only to keep a healthy condition but also because it indeed slows time and sometimes I really don't need that because I'm pretty much a slow, way too dreamy person already.
It is weird though, cause doesn''t nicotine energize like caffeine?

Weird.

"Sad, is the only one who understands"
I need a cigarette
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy