Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning God's Existence

User Thread
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that crescent24 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It seems that a lot of the ideas posted on this site have at least something to do with God or an all-powerful being, but I'm not sure if anyone has formally asked this question. Do you or don't you believe in a god/all-powerful being and WHY? If you are an agnostic, why? (I think a discussion like this would be helpful to many people here including myself).

"Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my opnion I think this question is easily answerd. In fact the very first question in the idea of "God". Is does he exist?. Why is this first. It is because if he doesn't then there is no point in asking the question. But more so there is no point in life. No point in love, and no point in punishing our criminals. With out a higher being that is all-powerfull, and omnipotent, there is no reason in anything. The athiest would say, "So sense there is no point in anything then why not live for love, or the 'good things' anyways". And they are right to a degree. However this means you will still die off into a non-existence, thus there was no point in all the love and good things you manged to aquire in your life. The answer is simple. I can't physically nor spirtually "prove" God to you, However with all the above things considerd, it is therefore far better that he "does exist". Because if he doesn't then we all might as well lay down and die.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One of those faith issues. I dont think you can prove or disprove if God exists...Just have to go with inkling I guess. However, it depends on what you define God as. If u define him as a Big powerful being as some extension of a human..(i.e. anthromorphic?) then I do hope ur wrong-humans are stupid enough as it is. However, more credibly if we conceive nature or God as esentially the same thing..or something more mystical than purely what is obviously imagined by huam desire..say a generality of conciousness or something. I do believe God exists...but its opinion....One question worth also asking though is: does the devil exist? This is one that would perhaps spark a lot of conflict between dualist and singular conceptions of ultimate reality.

Try this tho...If God is anything...'he' is probably that which makes the grosssness of the finite, infinite

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I heard this from a kid no older than 7, this kid said "what happens when something gets to small? and i told him i dont know, then this witty kid said "what happens when something gets to big? I was speechless and told him i didn't know... that really threw everything out of perspective...

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 40yrs • M •
fidelitygastro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
belief in god....
depends on what u define god as.
personally, i think there is god....or some supernatural force... because most of the eccentrics, high profile thinkers we know have always had this feeling of lacking something...dat there is more ...dat there exists a more powerful force which we cannot comprehend...

i think they're right.

33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that crescent24 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks for all the feedback!

"Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth."
 36yrs • M •
wrangman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i understand all the people who say if theres no god, then whats the point of living, there'd be nothing... but thats what humans aren't capable of doing. Humans aren't capable of understanding the concept of 'nothing' we can't accept that the universe just doesn't end. And to the proof of gravity that we have i personally don't think it does. But back to god, i really don't believe theres is a higher power, i believe we came to be just because of how the situation was in the universe. The universe was just capable to evolve humans on earth. Im not a believer or religion what soever... i feel as if so many intelligent people have fallen for such ridiculous stories... they are great stories and thats why they have been past down this whole time, I just don't think that those religious stories (bible, torah etc.) should explain our reason for life on earth... ty

"i know who i am"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Then why in the hell do you live.......wrangman. With out a God there is no point and you might as well give up.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think ultimately..the only thing that has opposition to "God".. is logic.

It somehow seems that all logic leads you in this infinite circle. Because logic is just thought..analyzing ---"WhatIs."

Logic's path is infinite..So long as it is bound by the laws of..logic. If not, it then becomes something entirely different.

We control the path logic takes through this existence we're in. Seemingly creating our own maze.

and by tossing a divine being into our maze of logic and rationalization--it then also, become something entirely different.

I have no proof of Gods existence. But i do know that there is something greater than ourselves which exists past everyday measurements of time..past the words we use..even speech.

..but thats just me.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does God exist?

If He does where, when, how, what, why?

I am stumped.

""No words""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to begin formulating a hypothesis i guess you gotta first ask what dude asked, "What is god?'. until you define the term 'god' you cant really begin to postulate on wheather or not one is 'out there'. obviously this is a subjective definition and will vary greatly form individual to individual, although it is conventionally defined through spirituality and 'the greater'.

"dont got one"
 36yrs • M •
So unfortunate. So many minds with so many interp.

We can only hope to apply vague implications with the words we use.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that MizzXplicit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no he just doesnt. dont arugue.

"how.empty.of.me.to.be.so.full.of.you"
 36yrs • M •
dude..i think your drunk

56yrs • M •
Honda600RR is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is no God. God maybe an Alien race, Alien entity or what ever. Our little planet, only 1 in a trillion x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000 and more

We are nothing in this great universe and small things are big deals for us.

I don't know what to say, I lost my wife 18 months ago, I love her more than life, my life, my child's life and now she is gone and I'm just about to give-up.

!!!

1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy