Why do we fear the dark when all it does is conceal everything we see when its light? - spankster501
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do They Hate Us - Page 4

User Thread
 63yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the other side is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This has been very interesting communicating with a few of you in the last few days. I find it, not only an eye opener to the fact that liberals distort the truth for the most part, but also a little humorous.

It seems to me that this thread is going in circles and we just won't see eye to eye. What makes me sadder than anything is that I recognize the mindset. Instead of punishing bad behavior and rewarding good behavior, you feel that in order to not have a confrontation, we should reward bad behavior and punish good behavior. I'm sure you get my drift if you think about it. (Can't we all just get along?)

No, I didn't get paid for this, but thanks for the compliment. It's been fun, but I have better things to do. Maybe I'll catch you later if I'm bored.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
What makes me sadder than anything is that I recognize the mindset.

Dito.

quote:
that liberals distort the truth for the most part, but also a little humorous.

Straight out of Hannity's mouth. Does it ever occur or bother you that that is exactly what "liberals" (which these labels have got to go) say about "conservatives" or republicans or whatever.

Does it ever occur to you that perhaps both "sides" distort the truth? Hmmm?

Under your logic what does it mean when they say the same thing?

That that is obviously and absolute truth, or perhaps just the most important lie?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Instead of punishing bad behavior and rewarding good behavior, you feel that in order to not have a confrontation, we should reward bad behavior and punish good behavior.

Rewarding bad behaivior??? It seems to me that it's "bad" behaivior to kill over 22850 iraqis, and it also seems like it's "bad" not to bother to count the number of iraqis we kill in the war that we started. Or maybe it's "bad" to take away over 2 million jobs in four years, or to tell the american public that they shouldn't discriminate against blacks or latinos but discrimination against gays, lesbians, and muslims is perfectly acceptable.

and I know that i'm not rewarding or supporting any of these practices.

"He who does not question is lost."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It seems to me that this thread is going in circles and we just won't see eye to eye. What makes me sadder than anything is that I recognize the mindset. Instead of punishing bad behavior and rewarding good behavior, you feel that in order to not have a confrontation, we should reward bad behavior and punish good behavior.

All praise be to Mr. Bush who lied to congress and sent us to war.

If it were up to me, I think Bush should go to Iraq and don a helmet and be the real war president.

You don't understand my mindset, because I'm convinced that Mr. Bush should go to prison for life. Like someone recently taged on my blog - he is the Anti Christ for sure.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
Agreed, but still he manages to convince slightly more than 50% of the US population that he is doing a phenominal job. ARE WE DENSE? Seriously though, what kind of person trusts FOX News over PBS, or the BBC?

i beleive i am quickly losing faith in the american people's ability to make intelligent and/or good judgments.

64yrs • M •
No - he's loosing

as of Jul 17, 2005

44% approve
48% dissaprove
8% unsure

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

But I'm under the impression that he doesn't care.

35yrs • M •
thank god, now if only the other 52% would change their minds, we could get him impeached.

64yrs • M •
http://hq.demaction.org/dia/organizations/ADS/event/distributedEventSear
ch.jsp?distributed_event_KEY=56

July 23rd - if you can make it, I'm sure there's a meeting in your area

Why Do They Hate Us - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy