Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Labeling

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Labeling
There is way too much labeling in this world.

Thoughts?? Go.

"How am I not myself?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
any label to anyone is very narow and simplification... we jus do it easyier.. i cant stand people alweasy diising (me today) maybe change lazy to type right now

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm.....lables....i have been labled all my life...the witch,the freak,the goth girl,the wierd chick,the druggie,slutty,agressive,bitch,bisexual,white,smart,opinionated, sarcastic,friendly,cold....and the list goes on. while i am some of these things i am not one of them alone,i dont like being labled and thrown into some neat little group...i try not to do that to other people,although sometimes i do,sadly......it seems to me that people form an opinion and just feel the need to stick a lable on someone,expecially if that person is someone they dont quite understand,i think it makes peopel feel more secure and comfortable....but i dont like it

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
though i dislike labels, the people who use them choose not to understand your motives and actions and would rather label you to dumb it down to their level. instead of asking hey what things are going on with you? they would rather avoid the conversation and say oh she's a goth, or oh he's gay, or oh he's a football player. as if that explains their entire existence

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
which includes you yourself evryone.. any tendency we point out is casue we can relate to it in ourselves.. and foir the labeling thing i have my orginal theory where i use 7 poinats that point out the narrowness of any label (pendings).. etc

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is narrow thinking, but mankind uses that kind of thinking to develop the rules of the game. same with religion, government, and any other higher body of power, we seek to resolve our problems by making a solution and forcing others to work with it instead of finding the corredt solution. which is why labeling is especially popular with the people who try to develop the answers instead of looking for them

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We label everything else, music, movies, and styles to name a few, why not people? Biology has a very specific classification system, but who really wants to class people into seven categories of Latin names? So instead we come up with shorter ones that while generalizing that do give a fairly accurate impression of the group as a whole. Labelling helps us to keep track of who other people are in relation to us. And we naturally label other people. For example, if someone decides that because of your label that they don't like you then chances are you would label them ignorant or something to that effect. Labels are not bad as they provide some background information the negatives effects come from how we chose to use that knowledge.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people label others because of their own insecurities. My friend is having dieting problems, so lately ive heard her say things like.. chunky goth girl, fat mexican chick and hefty meatbag to describe people... all of her judgements were weight related. The most common thing ive seen was girls making fun of and mocking other girls. They use words like slut and whore... when in reality, all they know about them is their physical appearance. Labeling is a stress reliever.

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stress relief for some. But realistically how can yet expect to know everyone well enough for them to have their own category? You can't, so for practical purposes people are put into groups.
As for your friend, in my experience I've noticed girls to be much more derogatory in their labelling methods. People should be labelled by what they do not by what one thinks they do and that is the distinction between a classification system and a list of put downs.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when you lable someone you limit them.....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
fidelitygastro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:

people label others because of their own insecurities

well said .
its true...
When in a group, we tend to be insecure. the natural,easier,comfortable way out is to comment on others. to shift the focus.
Labeling is just one such way.

When alone, it must be jealousy. So we tend to furnish nice, juicy labels on others to console ourselves.

Labels are just exhibits of our own frustrations

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i hate it when people aoutomatically lable you and judge you by that without getting to know you
like these people at my school lable every one even the ones they have never talked to
when my friend was new the started calling her stuff just coz she wears goth clothes
i mean get over it
rather be called goth thought than slut which is what most people call them

"rock on"
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that past embrace is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have seen the goth population skyrocket in the last few years. It's kind of insane. We are going to label people to the end, so instead of getting all excited about it, I think that we should realize that most labels are based on knowing or even seeing you for a little amount of time. So let others label you. You know who YOU are.

"i just want to have some little fun"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i see your point and in away you are right
but i dont think that being judged by what you have been labled is right

"rock on"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'There's nothing more to life than the stereotype' Pulp.

Thats true in general. But not true in specifics.

People who form smaller groups still dress the same way. I guess the phrase is 'predictably unpredcitable!'

A person is intelligent. People are stupid. Same principle.

""No words""
Labeling
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy