Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Labeling - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would have to agree with etheralmeekle. i lable food so i can put them with other food like it so it won't go bad, and although we're talking about people here, lableing is just a shorter way of putting down you opinion of other people. there are some people who i know goes under the lable slut or caring and although that lable isn't completly who they are, it's what they themselves make stand out of who they are.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 33yrs • F •
Anguista is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yeah, labeling isn't seen as a "nice" thing to do, but even I- someone who doesn't like to label people, mentally labels people.

It's human nature to catagorize everything, and that includes people.

Labeling isn't really even a problem unless you let it get in the way of seeing someone as a person. If you leave it at "They're a [insert label here]", and walk away never giving it any more thought than that, then it's a problem.

I can think whatever I want about someone, but if I feel that there's something more to them than a pointless label, (ie, someone's that's not just a superficial twat) I'll more than likely give them a chance and I'll talk to them.

Does that make me a horrible person? I don't think so.

"Your happiness is conditional."
Labeling - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy