Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Levels of Consciousness

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Levels of Consciousness
So I've found that there are 10 levels of consciousness I think and they are as follows:

1 subconsciousness
2 subnormal consciousness
3 normal consciousness
4 supernormal consciousness
5 psychic consciousness
6 mediumistic consciousness
7 empathic consciousness
8 telepathic consciousness
9 mindmelding consciousness
10 zygophrenic consciousness

we only use 10% of our brain so I heard, so if we could use all these levels of our brain who knows what we could do..

perhaps understand and have power over the world or even galaxy

who knows.. maybe we could even perceive space time and hyperdimensions? wow wouldn't that be sweet

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We actually use 1 tenth of one percent of our brain. I interested to know what mindmelding consciousness
and zygophrenic consciousness is.

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
accualy i heard that we use 6% of our brains... i heard alot of places... i guess it is different peoples oppinions...

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people use to say 6% a lot. now days you hear more like 10-15%. one tenth of one percent... no, i seriously doubt that. there is no way to prove it though.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have to go with wyote on this one... i have not heard what % we use of our brain in a long time... but 1/10 of 10% that is crazy we do not use 1%!!!

and if we are only useing 10% think of all the things we are capible of...

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 37yrs • M •
Whytie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does it matter how much we use....thats like saying "well...we only use 10% of our bodies to walk...if we could only harness that extra 90% we could walk so much faster"

"I Like Things"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yea and whats wrongwith wlaking faster? never be late for work n things again.. save time feel better.. and brain is differnt thats more "you" and the happyness you want..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not sure what the actual percentage is but I do believe that we use less than 25% of our actual brain powr. I think as time progresses and humanity evolves and more and more knowledge becomes routine that do tap into higher and higher percentages of our brains. Like aliens...

I'm going to use an example from my favorite TV show "Roswell". There are these half alien/half human hybrids on earth and they were forumlated in pods during the Roswell crash, created with human DNA but with alien powers. THey have lived their whole lives wondering who they really are, what their true purpose is, what home really is, are they human or alien?

Finally they come across an alien from their home planet named Nasedo. One of the alien asks Nasedo for answers, specifically, are we human or alien? We have human bodies but alien powers, what are we?

Nasedo explains it like this: When you were created, you were created with the same DNA as any human. Your bodies, your mind, your capabilities, everything is purely human, there is no alien DNA inside of you. The only reason you have powers though, is because when you were created you were created 3000 years ahead of the rest of humanity. The power that you have is in your mind, and the reason you have these powers and others humans don't is because you have the mind power that humanity will ahve 30manip00 years from now...

I thought that was interesting, as in, maybe 3000 years from now humans will have tapped into such higher parts of our brains that we actualyl are able to move objects and blow things up and manipulate molecular structure simply with our minds....

"Dare to Dream"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've always thought we use (on average) 17% of our overall processing capacity, and I can tell you right now, the ability to minipulate objects with our minds is not all that far away. Our brain is a radio transmitter- I've felt it, my friend sent me a call for help from next door when he fell down the stairs and fractured his spine- but he couldn't talk. Also, in WWII, a friend of my fathers woke up screaming the night that her son was watching a torpedo streaming towards the bow. We transmit EULF (Extremely Ultra Low Frequency) signals, signals that interfere with our electro-magnetic field (Have you ever found that you can wipe out a radio station on an old radio by standing near it, and varying the levels of static by simply moving a hand? That's your field interfering with the Antenna's reception field) Therefore, If we can harness some of that transmitting power, physical minipulation of objects by a gravitron field (Minipulation of electro-physical gravitrons by thought to push or pull an object in any direction) may not be as complicated as first imagined.

Also, I have conditioned my mind to work instantaneously, and have discovered that I am now unable to communicate as well as before, since there are so many varibles to a 'yes-no' question. This Sucks.

But I am afraid of what would happen if we harnessed the great potential of the wetware that is our brain. We'd be full of potential, true, but what if it is used for the wrong purpose? Not to be a nazi here, or to sympatize with genocide, but the creation of the extermination camps required more than a little brianpower. If that hell is what we have unleashed already, what could be the inferno of the future?

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
word

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm . . . seems to be a lot of the sub or unconscious in the catagories? 4 to 7 seem to be more of lack of awareness => consciousness of innate abilities.
Do you use 10% of the brain for conscious activity or overall activity of the brain?
Not to bring up a sore subject but what if O.T. veil which separated the inner & outer sanctuary was symbolic of the curtain between the conscious and subconscious?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can "hear" strong thoughts directed at me within close range. I think with the proper training I'd be able to read other people's thoughts so I know for a fact that telepathy is possible.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Everett is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Apparently, the idea that only 10% of the brain is used is an urban myth (see wikipedia).

I've read that mechanically, we use 100% of our brains as neurons in our brains are constantly firing.

73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How freaked out would you be if one morning you woke up and your brain was working at 100% capacity?

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ziltoid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Think of it like a computer.
The 10% finite mind we use(actual or conscious) is like the ram, and the 90% (potential or unconscious) is like an infinite hard drive.
Effort to make the potential actual is evolution, science. No matter how hard we try we cannot fit the infinite into the finite.( we have made a lot of wonderful toys)
Perhaps if we go the other way by melting the finite into the infinite.
When the ram is without data or consciousness is without object the actual(finite) has the capacity to experience the potential(infinite). When 'you' are, you are finite. When 'you' are not--infinity.
This is revolution, religiousness!

Levels of Consciousness
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy