Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does it add up?? - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As Native American (Indians) which are known as the Sioux, traditionally see themselves as theTatanka pte, the buffalo people not because they evolved from the buffalo but because it's life supplied them with their neccessities.
The object of animal (plant) sacrifices are respect for life by acknowledging it as sacred in nature.
quote:
mean I understand the whole concept of the symbolism, no doubt....it's the same thing that happened to Jesus when he came to earth right?....he was sacrificed...but did he die for the life of others or was he crucified??.... I mean the guy came to show people how to "LIVE"......and he knew that he would be killed for what he was saying because when you're making a change in society, the top dogs really don't like the downfall of their cattle herding.........the guy got crucified for showing people how to live!.......

Nicely put, like the way you think it out.
quote:
I'm saying now is the killing of the lamb the atonement of sins?.. or is it the recreation of the destroying of purity because of a cleansing that needs to take place?....why do you have to put your sins in someone elses hands?? why can't you take responsibility for your own actions?...I don't understand this shit.......sorry...i'm not tryin to be a neusance i really don't get it...
Wonder if it is ignorance or arrogance?
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=12-u-thrdid=11743-u-page=4

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there's the flow of life in this tool called a body....and that flow is the almighty...the creator of all that is, and is all that is not created....God is all so why would we need to take that essence of another for our self cleansing?.... death brings life I understand that....but death of a lamb will bring life to a lamb...death of the self, brings life to the self...it's an individual change bringing about mass realization..... the everlasting spirit of being, the nothingness which is life made manifest in this body is God......any corruption of that by including the self(satan, evil)...is between your'self' and the almighty.....no amount of sacrifice can cleanse you until you cleanse what is not born of you....then when 'you' cleanse yourself you'll see that you won't need to sacrifice..... you already sacrificed your'self'.......Jesus did two things on that cross, sacrifice his self for the understanding of humanity...not the life of.....and took the punishment of the almighty so that we could have a little longer to get back to where we need to be.......Jesus the son of 'man' created by the almighty which makes him a child of God...Son of God... as am I and every male on this planet...as are the angels children of God....as are every female on this planet daughters of God........gettin off topic but i'm back...sacrifice is a way out mentally...it takes responsibility off of your shoulders....makes you think you have an easy ride....Nothing in life is easy....if it was then you would never learn how to live.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you are right jesus is the son of God and i can understand your confusion, but jesus is the only way to god because it is written

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

so if your going to worship the father you must worship the son of god.
Jesus is also the lord of all creation including us as it is written

Revelation11:15-17 -15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his CHRIST; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
[b]

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, Jesus is the Mediator between God and man, and no doubt we shouldn't overlook his importance.

But you should only worship God Almighty, because He is the only one deserving of praise. Jesus is His son, and God gave the role for Jesus to rule as king, but a slave is never greater then his master.

Jesus said: 'All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth'
(Mt 28:18)

But notice Jesus said that it was given to him, pointing out that God is greater then he is.

"You are worthy, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.'
(Rev. 4:11)

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
[  Edited by WanderingNobody at   ]
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thanks.

"i hate cRap!"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From what ive heard in this section many people have agreed that in the same way animals kill one another to survive, so must we, many cultures offer sacrifices of animals to God (or their Gods) but the animals are often given great respect for the bounty they give us, they are not simply slaughtered in a disrespectful manner. At the end of the day i believe God has created many life forms on our planet and we are the most advanced/highest and hence God has given us the responsibilty of looking after and preserving his creation and the creatures within. Whether anyone likes it or not we are a type of animal an advnaced one at that but never the less an animal and we too are bound by the laws of the nature (kill only to survive, survival of the fittest, nurturing our children e.t.c.)

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 72yrs • M •
Rereading string I realized we had missed the point to an extent. In judeo-Christian concepts, the old woman putting a small coin as an offering, Jesus tells his disciples 'she had given more because she had given from that which she need while the others had given from their excess.
Someone stated that for them animals were like money but just the opposite. Money is the substitute for the object => barter system. So Jesus gave that GOD's desire was self sacrifice giving of your substance.
Also note that choice portions were used but that the priest (clan) derived substance from it. [As shown by David taking the bread to feed his men]

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
730 - Paganism was not about devil or demon worship. It was a nature religeon that varied from area to area.

Going back to sacrifices to God in the old testament. I always thought that if it was in the bible and the bible was true, why don't they still do it - but I'm glad they don't, I thought it was cruel.

The Gnostics believed that it was the false god who demanded and was pleased by animal sacrifices and that the earlier Jews was decieved by this false god.

Personaly - I don't know how God would be pleased by animal sacrifices and do not feel inticed to do such a thing.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
The Gnostics believed that it was the false god who demanded and was pleased by animal sacrifices and that the earlier Jews was decieved by this false god.
I had contended with that line of thought myself but as the OT was a shadow of those things (C of C) which were to come. You don't deal with a child the same as you would an adult.

64yrs • M •
True - but I look around me and wonder - do we really evolve. I just cannot believe the stuff I'm hearing?

72yrs • M •
Yes, I agree has man become any less a beast or any closer to a being?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bible shows us something very important, it shows us how god was honored in the past, sacrifices, prayer, then the sacrifice of jesus, but here is my question, why was the sacrifice of jesus necessary to redeem mankind? couldn't god just say you are forgiven?and one more thing, how did the devil chose to rebel against god without having free will, causing this whole mess?

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 64yrs • M •
Now that's a good point. That one I never even thought of.

Me - I'm like, what kind of father would sacrifice his son and still be a good father. But you did one up on me with that one.

I think Jesus died because of our sins, not as a sacrifice for our sins. Jesus allowed it, because he could see the future and he new that if he died, his words would live on into the future.

That's why I believe he said he had to die and why it says he died for our sins.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus was perfect, so was Adam, and only another perfect person could die for our sins. It's like Jesus was taking one for the group, you know? He wanted to. The devil was prefect, but he chose to rebel. He did have free will.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 64yrs • M •
Adam wasn't perfect, didn't he commit the original sin?

Does it add up?? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy