Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why live if you're just going to die? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
like i was saying, the purpose of life is to have purpose.

say you do suddenly die tomorrow, at that last instant of being alive, which lasts nearly an eternity in your mind, you replay all the key events in your life... suddenly you are piecing things together in a way you had never thought about before... suddenly you understand, you see what it is youve done for yourself and for others... suddenly you had purpose all along, you were simply blind before.

in times of extreme emotion ive had more clarity than i thought i was capable of... whats a more extreme time than the second before your final breath?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok truth sitting and thinking is fun.. but too much of anything is bad.. you couldn't live if all you did was sit and think.. you have to eat, sleep, etc...

plz for your own sake stop and realize that you are on a path leading to depression..

when i first found this site i kept posting and talking and thinking.. (it was starting to get old) then last night i went to prom.. i had a great time, when i woke up this morning i didnt even want to look at this site casue i knew it would get me depressed.. thinking questioning the same old routine

so you see truth the real truth is that sitting and thinking will get old even if it makes you happy for the time being.. you must have change and you are in denial if you say otherwise.. cause you have already gone through this change that made you happy, and you will most likely in the future

and how can you say that getting married is a waste of time don't even get me started on "wasting" time.. I'm going to let that one go..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
ok truth sitting and thinking is fun.. but too much of anything is bad.. you couldn't live if all you did was sit and think.. you have to eat, sleep, etc...
If that is the case, then I suppose I will die a very unhappy man, as well as a very young one. If i am eating, sleeping, and doing whatever else necessary in life to preserve me from dying, then I sure hope I am at least doing it for a reason. Living life is not reason to live it.

quote:
plz for your own sake stop and realize that you are on a path leading to depression..
There are worse fates than depression. Close-mindedness is far worse, as is ignorance to a subject. Perhaps, for YOUR own sake, you should seek counseling for either of the two.

quote:
when i first found this site i kept posting and talking and thinking.. (it was starting to get old) then last night i went to prom.. i had a great time, when i woke up this morning i didnt even want to look at this site casue i knew it would get me depressed.. thinking questioning the same old routine
Then you are obviously someone who takes no pleasure in what he can not understand. I am the opposite. The things I do not understand in life, and therefore, the ones to which I give the most thought, are the ideas that I most cherish when I sit down and attempt to think about something beyond the boundary of my own reason. I am sorry that filling your life with a mundane activity such as "going to a prom" does more for you than considering why you were given the CHANCE to go to the prom in the first place; in essence, I am disappointed that you take for granted your own existence, and rather live it for your own motivation, without attempting to provide those like myself an idea of your own, to contemplate.

quote:
so you see truth the real truth is that sitting and thinking will get old even if it makes you happy for the time being..
You may not speak for everyone until everyone agrees. Are you daring to tell this to me as fact? If so, I disagree completely, and urge you to reconsider your definition of what is "the real truth" in this matter. I find thinking more entertaining than most of the activities I participate in. And, before you jump to the conclusion that you have lived life in ways that I have not, I assure you that I am not too different in daily practice than the majority of people I know. I have experienced nearly everything that my peers have, and to this day, I still find thinking to be the most enthralling activity I know.
quote:
you must have change and you are in denial if you say otherwise..
I am an advocate towards consistency, and disagree that you find my disagreement to be denial. I see your theory as one backed by nothing but your own ignorance, and for that, I may rule it out by default. Arrogance is a poor replacement for intelligence.
quote:
cause you have already gone through this change that made you happy, and you will most likely in the future
Who are you to tell me what I will most likely do? You are assuming nearly every single one of your points to be true, as if, for not a single moment, did you ever consider that some people do not share your beliefs. It is one thing to give your opinion on a matter, but to tell me it is true with no reason other than it is what YOU believe (and no one else), is an egotististical practice I want no part of.

quote:
and how can you say that getting married is a waste of time don't even get me started on "wasting" time.. I'm going to let that one go..

Thank you for letting that one go? Once again, you are here assuming, in this case that I would be easily defeated by your argument if you were to provide it, instead of refuse to. I do not see your debating skills as "persuasive", because I lack the necessary credentials from your resume to simply "take your word for it".

"He who refuses to seek will never learn"
 37yrs • M •
lmao i would be a fool to argue back 730 said it best WISE MEN DON'T ARGUE WITH FOOLS....why??...BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER IN THE END THEY'RE BOTH FOOLS.. but i will choose not to be wise just to humor myself and you for the time being..

you said: "Then you are obviously someone who takes no pleasure in what he can not understand. " actually all that i understand is that i can't understand and neither can you or anyone else.. that said I'm choosing to ingage in life more than analyzing it.. cause when you keep asking why eventually you get an.. i don't know? contemplate!! haha for what! plato died one of the greastest philosophers and contemplating didn't solve anything.. in the end he still died!! maybe he had fun but what does it matter, what do you matter, what do i.. all we do is fucking argue and contradict our own theories..

i think i'm very open minded, and may i ask what subject am i ignorant to?

intelligence. what is it anyways? come on truth plz enlighten me.. are you really more intellectual cause you can contemplate unimaginable questions?

" I find thinking more entertaining than most of the activities I participate in."
do you not need to think in everything you do?

"Who are you to tell me what I will most likely do?"
I am not anyone... but im postive that change is happening as you read word for word this very sentence.. possibly enlightening you or making you angry but eventually you will be enlighten agian in your own response (where your ego kicks in) attempts to heal your anger.. (i will not lie my ego is doing the same right now)

plz dont take my word for it but realize if you want to be philosophical you cant say that anything is a waste of time, till you explain how to utilize the time better.. or did you mean that sitting here thinking about shit and arguing with me is a better way to use your time than getting married? (who am i anyways) lmao (

we are all egotistical thats why i responded to you and thats why you will respond back.. im sure you will (but plz dont just to prove me wrong)

quote: "There are worse fates than depression." isn't that an opinion? another quote: "It is one thing to give your opinion on a matter, but to tell me it is true with no reason other than it is what YOU believe (and no one else), is an egotististical practice I want no part of."

ah you contradicted yourself but its ok so do i and everyone else.. hahahaha

ok so i simply told you how i was enlightened not by sitting here doing this but by getting a chance to have change.. that was completly true.. so if you can take anything from it then plz do so.. or you can just argue with me some more..

like i said you will reply..

[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Living life is not reason to live it.

Well then may I inquire as to, what is YOUR reason for breathing? Why do you still take up my air?

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I live simply for the experince. It'll only happen once, and damn me if I spend it worrying about the end. I plan too much exciting stuff, some of it risky, some not, and I plan to have fun doing it. Sure, if I fall off a cliff or something, I'll yell my ass off on the way down, but the point is I had fun climbing up that cliff. "Il faut vivre la vie"- Life must be lived. That's my reason for living, and that, Joel, is why I am still taking up a good portion of your air.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 37yrs • M •
joelb asks why "thetruth" is still taking up air...

perhaps you drove him to suicide

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
does nobody belive in GOD?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 37yrs • M •
Vortex - Thats a good reason to be taking up my air, I have no problem with you taking up my air, lol

I was just wondering, because "thetruth" said that "to living life is not a reason to live it". So I inquired as to his reason to live. Just curious

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
humans are the plague of 'life' itself...pretty soon the human race will destroy and wipe out everything that exists and there will be no more 'life'

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 37yrs • M •
I fail to believe that "pretty soon" is the right phrase to use...eventually, yes, I believe that they will. Pretty soon though...no. I think that in years to come, the world will change dramatically, but I dont think it will be in my lifetime. If it is, it will be near the end of my life. I dont know though, I guess it depends on your interpretation of "pretty soon"

43yrs • M •
pretty soon can be tomorrow....or it can be a million years from now....who has the 'authority' to define time....

37yrs • M •
then don't say pretty soon..haha just say some day

43yrs • M •
that's the #1 problem of this species....always in need of imposing their ideas on someone else....i'll say pretty soon, YOU can say whatever you like....

Why live if you're just going to die? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy