The sky falls on our heads only after we've given up being heroes. - Kalysta Howie
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why live if you're just going to die? - Page 4

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
miSsLace is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The point of living is to experience stuff, good or bad. Learn from ur mistakes and everything happens for a reason. I mean the point of life is that you'll never know what will come around the corner next for you. Life is full of surprises and we only have so much time to do whatever the f-ck we wanna do.

"everything happens for a reason"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote "everything happens for a reason.."

plz if you are going to preach misslace at least use evidence that's been proven..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 72yrs • M •
jrh01 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Let me tell you a story:

A great wizard walks across a vast desert. He wears a long purple cloak and a high pointed hat. His white beard touches the ground. He carries a large bucket. He stops and scoops up a full bucket of dirt.

You are the dirt in this bucket. It contains most of your chemicals you will be made of when you are born.

The wizard says, "Congratulations!" "You are the lucky one to be chosen to become a human soon. Many other scoops of dirt have and will be selected to become various animals, plants, insects, bacteria and viruses. YOU, however, have been chosen to receive the GRAND prize."

"Soon you will be born as a human. Unlike the other creatures, you will have awareness, consciousness and will have great control over the course of your life."

"The rules of this life to come are as follows: If you live through all stages of your human life, you will become a young adult human, then a middle-aged human, then elderly. You will have pleasures and suffering and pain throughout the various stages of life. And you will eventually die. When you die, you return to the dirt that you are, forever."

"Would you rather remain now and forever as the dust that you are in this vast desert, or would you like to live one life as a human for a few years?"

"The important question is, how would you want to spend the few precious years of your life, before you return to dust?"

How do you want to spend your life that you have been given?

The question then arises, "what is the purpose of our lives?" The answer: no purpose.

We are just another life form, part of the natural progression of Evolution and created by normal events of nature. We are just fortunate to have evolved such advanced brains that we can ask abstract questions, take a circumspect view of reality and have self-awareness.

In the long run, it doesn't matter how we live our lives. Think about the people who lived 1000 years ago. What is their relevance now to anyone? What if you become the President? A billionaire? A criminal? A loser all your life? It doesn't matter in the long run.

Many people focus on achieving some type of immortality, such as becoming a powerful leader to be remembered in history. Or a famous writer whose books continue to be read hundreds of years later. Or to follow some religious teachings to have an afterlife or rebirth. Or to have people think well of you after your death and to remember you for a long time. Or to have many children who continue your genetic line into the future (although your unique genetic code disappears by one-half with each new generation).

But this is all false thinking. After hundreds of years, it won't matter.

What about working toward advancement and survival of the human race? Better yet, the protection and advancement of all forms of life on earth and preservation of Earth itself? A laudable intention supporting Mother Nature and the Grand random experiment of Evolution. But such efforts represent just another way to spend one's life.

How about striving for Happiness in each phase of your life? There may be nothing worse than to be miserable and unhappy most of your life.

Striving for Happiness and contentment seems to be a good direction in Life. Being happy should be a desired Baseline, regardless of whatever else you strive for.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes agreed!
i think the question why live if u are goin die just goes to show that the person who asked isn't happy..

we have to lose those negative thoughts..

here's something i was reading

One thing that is important to realize about thought: one thought always leads to another. It is impossible to have one thought without having another one. What does this have to do with positive and negative thinking?

Everything. The thoughts usually follow one after another--usually in a similar vein, until there is some type of interruption that changes the thought pattern. Sometimes the interruption is outside of ourselves. Other times, the interruption is something we initiate when we take conscious control of our thoughts.

So, the point is this. Thoughts follow one another and eventually create a stream of thought. A stream of consciousness. The question I have ask is how clear (positive) is your stream? If you are protecting your thoughts, consciously keeping them positive, then positive circumstances will generally flow. If you just "go with the flow," without consciously taking control of your own mind, it is almost inevitable that a high percentage of pollution (negative thinking) will find it's way into your "stream."

So, if you want to keep your thoughts positive, it is absolutely crucial that you feed your mind success related thoughts every day. It could be books, audio programs, affirmations...whatever. The more positive material you feed it, the less time your mind will have to wander. Eventually, your mind will be so positive, there won't be any room left for negative thoughts.

You cannot afford the penalty of a negative thought. Because there is no such thing as just a single negative thought. Resolve to take control of your mind this moment and fill your mind, and the world around you, with positive thought.

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the end we can not know what this life is for. What we do know is that we do die. So why live? Think of it this way, as absurd as this reality is, I think that there has to be some reason to life, and if there is, then that gives you reason to live even though you are going to die.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe we live striving to attain an unreachable goal- perfection, or the betterment of oneself. We study hard, take risks to gain skills and experience, start families with the love of your life, rear your children in a way you seem as fit, and watch your grandchildren play and laugh as you watch your kids struggle like you did when they were little, fond memories of how well you did. True, you die at the end, but you want to die at your zenith- the highest point of your life.

As for my stream of consciousness, it used to be pretty calm, but I currently am going over Niagra Falls in a barrel I laugh.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that umma is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
mmm.....life is for making other people less misrable.

"Why so green and lonely?"
 38yrs • F •
miSsLace is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The reason why we live is so we can learn, so we can experience different things, so we can find out who we are. so we can accomplish things, so we can have pleasure and pain, so we can do whatever the F*CK we want with our lives becuz its ur own life and if u wanna live that way than go ahead becuz no matter what we always have a choice and we learn from our mistakes(I do anyways) and theres is always a way around something. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

"everything happens for a reason"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im goin with MissLace, no one can stop you from living the way you live, they do, but there not suppose to, we were put on this earth for no reason. We are here for no reason, if there is a god up there, he created us for no reason. The point of this is that, YOU have to fill in the blanks. YOU beleive what you want to beleive. Theres is no meaning of life, YOU have to make it by how ever you would like. Just think, we didnt have Technology, Education, Crime, Law, and what ever there is out there when we were put on this earth, WE created it. Look at your computer, Its just a bunch of metal, glass and plastic, and yet its so valuable because WE made it that way, poeple CHOOSED for it to be valuable. like MissLace said, ANYTHING is possible.

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If someone wants to shoot you, will you say, "Go ahead, I'm going to die anyway"?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i belive the purpose of life is experience....to gain knoledge and understanding....to work your way toward nirvanna....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 43yrs • M •
bluescartissue is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why die if your going to live, your born one day closer to death, why change now. Gues it all depends on how much you really hate/like yourself and the direction of your life multiplied by the amount of added chemicals consumed by your body. Not to say that only people who do drugs are suicidal, there have been friends of mine who were not bad addicts who committed suicide too. Truly I have been down this road many times and have recently came to the conclusion that there is fun to be had on this place we call Earth and all that needs to be done to have it is an opening off the eyes and a breath of fresh air. Noticicng the beauty behind all the political garbage.

"FORGETTING JUST TO BREATH"
 36yrs • F •
flipflop4ever is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
YOU LIVE YOUR life for a LIFETIME and only die [i]once[i]

"I was just Frontin"
 33yrs • M •
saginadir is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok.. So here i got..... i think that we are here... i think the reason that we got that chance to live.. is to teach us being better for the greater world and we are here also to bring others to this world so they will learn getting them selves better for the greater world we don't live just once we come back in diffrent bodys in diffrent times each life is saint and each death is saint we shouldn't cry about the dead because the dead has finished his job he learn anything he could i bet that people are dying when they have nothing left to learn thats why life are "unfair" good people always die because they are ready to live in the greater world with happyness and being complited and bad people live untill a big age... it's because they don't see the truth the truth is what keeping us alive don't know the truth keeping us alive once you found the truth you have nothing to live for... and you die god takes you to the greater world while bad and evil people that live here stay living because they are dumb... they don't see the truth and then they will come back to live again and again in diffrent bodys untill they will learn to be good they one that call them selves "poor" because they are good people and life are nasty for them that because he is gonna see the truth in this life time and because he was a bad man in his other lives... so that's what i think weird :S

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reason? Meaning? These things are transatory ideas at best.

Once you realise that there is no reason, no 'meaning' to life. You quickly realise that your life, no matter how shit or how great it is, cannot possibly be a failed one, because you are already garuanteed to do the two things you are designed and destined to do... be born and die.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
Why live if you're just going to die? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy