Thou shall not lie and create false hope. Now look me in the eye and tell me I'm not insane. - 1xplicit-azn
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Antichrist - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm, interesting posts.
quote:
I think that the antiChrist would be some sort of powerful group or organisation(s?), that is misleading many many people, that claim they're true, but that they'll be exposed through their own hipocrasy, and will will bring distruction and then the Christ will return to the cleansed earthmother (Maka Ina).

The (spirit) angel Satan, may or has the use of deception as his main source of power? As Jesus spoke of events transpired (Woman at the well, etc) and His ability to (cloud the mind) escape or evade captors could indicate That Jesus may have had the ability to tap the subscious ( & conscious) mind of others? Which would be in effect the inverse of the anti-Christ?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are we experiencing the spirit of the anti christ today?

I think its very possible

Where people get confused on the scriptures is the teaching that the word will live on forever. What they get confused about is that they believe that word is on a piece of paper or carved in stone. But no - that word is in the heart. For example: We no its wrong to kill, teachers do not teach us this, we're not tested on it, parents are not even expected to teach us this, we just know. Likewise, if we offer someone who is hungry food, then we know we have done good. These things are not taught to us. We know these things because they are written in our heart, and have been for centuries, and future generations will also know these truths. This is the word.

What we find in scriptures is hopefully a mirror of what is already in our heart, but it is curruptable. And I do believe that in the Dark ages, scriptures had been tampered with, and who would know, only priests were allowed access to the scriptures.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally don't think the AntiChrist, if such a thing will come to be, won't be a particular person. I think the concept is more symbolic than anything else. It will be a phenomenon. It could be, say, the mixture of Christianity and Conservative Intolerance, turning religion into the "whore" of government, twisting christain values into a means of propogating cold indifference, persecution and war--an unspeakable horror!

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nostradamus said Napolean, Hitler.AND OBL.

{Coming from the East}

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's funny, because I don't recall Nostradamus referring to a single one of the three by name...?

I guess if you believed in things that were going on in the present, rather than attempt to decipher what Nostramus' vague observations may "really mean", then you would see that two of the potential AntiChrists you mentioned are already dead, and yet sin is quite obviously present in this world, even still. On top of that, I don't recall any of the three proclaiming themselves to be Jesus Christ.

"He who refuses to seek will never learn"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Nostradamus said Napolean, Hitler.AND OBL.

I watched a movie about Nostradamus during Desert Storm, because I was concerned and wanted some answers. I found it very interesting and comforting. Supposedly, because Russia and us have befriended each other, the end of the world as predicted would not come. I was sure happy about that. But, somebody had to pop my bubble and inform that every time there is a war, you will hear Nostradamus said this or that, and it's never the same. So I decided to read the writing of Nostradamus. Folks, I'm here to tell you, those writings make no sense whatsoever. We know they are about the future, because Nostradamus said so, that's all we know. The interpretations everyone is throwing around is not in chronological order. Not even Nostradamus new what these visions meant and offers no clues.

I had someone tell me that if its confusing than its of the Devil. I could buy that except that the genius of Nostradamus saved a lot of peoples lives. So I don't know. But Nostradamus did mention three Antichrist who would visit the earth. His interpretation of an Anti Christ was someone who would have authority like Jesus, but be the complete opposite, and some do believe Hitler to be one of those Anti Christs - there is pretty much agreement on that. That's what started, I think, the Seventh Day Adventists (they put out the WatchTower).

I like Nostradamus, I wish I could understand what he wrote, maybe I should give it another try.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am neither pro-Christ or anti-Christ....both extremist groups are equally retarded to me....

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 64yrs • M •
How about the unchrist or the unichrist. or The XChrist

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i never cared too much about Christ....i never knew the guy....

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
never cared too much about Christ....i never knew the guy....
Oh too bad He is a really good guy, you would probably like Him.
quote:
Which would be in effect the inverse of the anti-Christ?
If Christ was manifest in human form as Jesus then would not the anti-Christ take human form? Nature produces both particles & anti-particles so Christ must have His anti-particle,right?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i perosnaly believe in jesus and all the stuff aboiut god and the devil... but i also believe that no one is "antiChrist" i just believe that it is the other persons faith and religion.

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I heard the antichrist is gonna come from the middle east - (osama bin laden?)

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nostradamus was quite simply a quack. One must remember, at the time he lived it was very popular for people to find a patron, someone to basically leech off of. Poets, artists, and composers all would try to gain the favor of kings, queens, and minor nobility.

The 'works' of Nostradamus where written utilizing a language dead during his time, and in such a general manner that anything could be read into these claimed prophesy. So no, I do not hold to any belief that this man was a prophet of any sort, he was simply a lazy charlatan looking for a free ride.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
So no, I do not hold to any belief that this man was a prophet of any sort, he was simply a lazy charlatan looking for a free ride.
ya, those rich types were the only ones to afford such things so most artist prostituted themselves and art form to them.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Nostradamus' great intellect became apparent while he was still very young, and his education was put into the hands of his grandfather, Jean, who taught him the rudiments of Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Mathematics and Astrology.

When his grandfather died, Nostradamus was sent to Avignon to study. He already showed a great interest in astrology and it became common talk among his fellow students. He upheld the Copernican theory that the world was round and circled around the sun more than 100 years before Galileo was prosecuted for the same belief.

Since it was the age of the Inquisition and the family were converted from Judaism to the Catholic faith by the time Nostradamus was nine years old, his parents were quite worried, because as ex-Jews they were more vulnerable than most. So they sent him of to study medicine at Montpellier in 1522.

Nostradamus obtained his bachelor's degree after three years, with apparent ease, and once he had his license to practise medicine he decided to go out into the countryside and help the many victims of the plague.

After nearly four years he returned to Montpellier to complete his doctorate and re-enrolled on 23rd October 1529. Nostradamus had some trouble in explaining his unorthodox remedies and treatments he used in the countryside. Nevertheless his learning and ability could not be denied and he obtained his doctorate. He remained teaching at Montpellier for a year but by this time his new theories, for instance his refusal to bleed patients, were causing trouble and he set off upon another spate of wandering.

He was a doctor. It would not be uncommon for rich families to have their own personal physician.

Antichrist - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy