The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. - Wilhelm Stekel
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Too much "love"

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Too much "love"
Ok. i went to a party a couple weekends ago with my friend Lauren. She introduced me to a few of her friends(three). i got drunk, they got drunk..and we had the wildest night of sex ever. The thing is... i dont remember much from the night,but i have random chics calling me all the sudden. Some of these are girls i used to dream about getting with, and i'm "getting-with" quite a bit of them. i've gotten with 7 since the party. and thats only about half the number who called.
not to mention number 7 happened only a few hours ago, and im curious...is this evil?

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you are a whore.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is no way evil. It is in many ways, "pimptastic", or "stuntastic". Just make sure to wrap your stump before you hump. Other then that, go for it homie. Tear em all up.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes...I agree with Wyote. I mean, people call girls whores and sluts and rag on them if they do things like that, but if guys do it it's like an accomplishment or something. Why is that?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 36yrs • M •
.i dont know how to break it to you guys but...im lying.

..its really good to know there are some real people out there...some good people.

i was just entertaining myself with your replies..forgive my immaturity. God bless......................

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
man...and all this time, you were just screwing us over (no pun intended)

40yrs • M •
this does raise a lot of good questions about morality though. how much is too much?

by the same token, does staying faithful to one single person your entire life make you a loser?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, I think staying faithful, is a must. Being with one person, while you are with that person, does not make you a loser. I think that would actually be quite the accomplishment. But in ekimups case, I thought he was talking about him gettin with those girls just in general, right? He wasn't talking about doing it while he had a g/f on the side?

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 36yrs • M •
thats true..but decius made a good point. It only makes it harder on yourself when you finally find someone you want to be with for the rest of your life.

being faithful doesnt make you a loser, far from actually. It takes a lot of discipline to remain true...especially if your one hott ma'ma jamma.

But usually the ones with a keeper and are aware they have one, dont need to demonstrate self-control. They recognize the possibilty of losing something great..and wouldnt jeopardize their reason for living.

35yrs • F •
yes, staying faithful isn't looserish. But theres a line between staying faithful and becoming obsessive with the person that your with. Would you let your b/f or g/f go to visit one of their friends of the opposite sex, and not think that he/she is cheating on you or is playing you? Are you ok with letting them hang out with people of the opposite sex, or would you prefer that they don't at all as long as their with you?

40yrs • M •
by "staying faithful to only one person" i meant having sexual relations with this one person, and this one person only for your entire life. is that loserly?

35yrs • F •
no, it's a blessing. anyone can go around woth multiple partners, but it's not often to see someone to stick to only one.

36yrs • M •
"Girls just wanna have fun.."

madonna said it best

Its typical for WanderingNobody, to imply jealousy as obsession. Is it really all that foolish to be jealous, cautious, or suspicious? When your "lover" is hanging out with others of the opposite sex.

As WN also so eliquently put; " It's not often to see someone to stick to only one(sexual partner)."

..so if both parties understand this... why is "jealousy" taken out of proportion, or considered a bad thing?

Usually those who take it out of proportion, are the ones who need to be monitored.The ones who take it as a good thing,( as proof that your partner cares dearly about you... and shows extreme concern) are the ones you can grow to trust.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'v been with my girlfriend for over a year and a half now and I tend to be "on my toes" so to speak, alot.

Last year my girlfriend went to this party where she talked to this guy for about an hour (she hadn't known him prior). Her friend said that she was flirting with him. She tells me that it was just a conversation. Why would she have a conversation for an hour? If she was flirting, should I be mad about it?

Why can't I let it go it happened last year!!!!!

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • F •
Jealousy is bad because it obviously shows you don't trust your partner and that your being selfish because it's not all about you.

I don't associate jealousy with obsession. I'm just saying that there's a line between faithfulness (of your partner) and your partner being over protective of the relationship.

Just because your together doesn't mean that they can't be with their previous friends. What if your partner had a bestfriend of the opposite sex before entering the relationship? Would you feel uncomfortable letting your partner continue their relationship because you'd assume that your partner is being unfaithful to you?

I mean, I know it's good to have concern about the faithfulness of your partner sometimes, and that you can't ignorantly dismiss everything, but why always assume the worst in them?

Too much "love"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy