To be or not to be is no longer a question but a way of life. - Larry Wilson, Jr.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Too much "love" - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, naturally..im not a very trusting person.

its hard to not always see the worst. It might be the area i live in, or just my taste in chics...but there are some demoness females out there.

very cunning and swift..and accurate. murderers..sigh'

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its hard to trust. Period. Its hard not to assume the worst. Period Its hard to let your other, be with others of the opposite sex, it just is. And I think it is normal to feel that way, to be jealous. I don't really associate jealousy with trust, I dont know why, I just never have. For me, its not really a jealousy issue, its more of an umfortable feeling. Not because I dont trust her, but because I'm a guy. I know how guys think. I know how guys look at girls. I know how guys' minds work. And I just hated that they would be thinking that about her, about MY girlfriend. But that shits over now, ended quite abrutply as most of you probably read about. What happened to me was pretty much my main reason for joining this site, I needed help. Bad.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I guess it's human nature to feel uncomfortable or to question their partner's faitfulness and well-being, but I never knew that guys thought it was such a big deal to hang out with other guys thats not your boyfriend. I know I'd let my boyfriend hang out with other girls too, especially if they were friends from before. And sometimes you need someone other then your partener to confide in.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 36yrs • M •
"you need someone other then your partner to confide in."

then there would be no real need for a partner.(except sexually.)

believing that there is someone else you should confide in, leaves room for error in a relationship. Instead of confronting a problem within your relationship, you may confide in another friend to talk about your problem-(a friend of the opposite sex.)

which can most possibly lead to sexual infidelity.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not saying that you don't confide in your partner at all, and that their only purpose is for sex, and what you say is true to a certain extent. But sometimes you need to talk to someone that is good at knowing a certain thing. Like say you wanted to know about some sort of medication, you go to your doctor or a pharmacy. You wouldn't go to someone in retail to talk to about it. There's certain people you go to for specific problems, and it doesn't always have to be a person of the opposite sex, and it doesn't always involve relationship problems. Of course you can go to your partner, but sometimes they're not the one who can help you. Your partner still have friends they can go to. Just because your in a relationship with them doesn't mean that they can't still maintain their degree of the friendship they had with other people before you met them.

400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that makes a lot of sense.

"i hate cRap!"
 36yrs • M •
well if that is what you mean,

than the others you confide in should be those most similar to yourself...females

i guess it all depends on the partners.

37yrs • M •
I totally agree with ekimup. Plain and simple.

35yrs • F •
Thats the point I'm trying to make. I don't see why I should automatically confide in females, and that your partner shouldn't feel threatened if you confide in someone else. I mean, you'd still have your bestfriend, who could be a guy or a girl, that you would confide in. You shouldn't rule them out just because your in a relationship. You don't dump your friendships for a relationship.

But then again, thats just me.

37yrs • M •
I agree that you dont dump friendships for relationships, but there is a line that gets drawn when you enter a relationship I think. And I guess, if the two people in the relationship, dont care if they hang out with the opposite sex, then thats fine. But they obviously both need to discuss this issue, and agree on it, in some way shape or form. For me personally, I wouldn't want my girlfriend going and hanging out with a bunch of guys all the time, I just wouldn't. And I'm sure it would be hard to find a girlfriend, that would be fine with me going and hanging out with a bunch of girls. Yanno what I mean?

35yrs • F •
Yeh, I understand. I'd be ok to let by boyfriend hang out with girls, because I know he wouldn't do anything.

37yrs • M •
Well then I congratulate you

36yrs • M •
lol

Too much "love" - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy