Don't believe your eyes, don't believe your ears, don't believe anything that you are, were, or think you will be. For if you do, you shall sure fall into my trap, and I shall kill you slowly under these illusions. - Aubrey Asylum
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Deserving?

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Deserving?
What would you have left if the only things you have are the things you actually deserve?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hopefully no one deserves a kick to the groin.

Personally I feel Im owed and owe nothing. So I guess thats what I would have, and what I already have.

If you step on your own toe 42 times do you think you deserve some positive reimbursement for the pain?

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, taking in the circumstance that you're the one afflicting the pain to yourself, no.

But theres some people to try hard in life and get cheated on--what they have being taken away from those who don't deserve it.

43yrs • M •
To feel you've been cheated is to give yourself your own pain. One can choose to flow with it or dwell in the unfairness.

I guess the question is do you determine what you deserve or not? If not, whos the judge?

43yrs • M •
"What would you have left if the only things you have are the things you actually deserve?"

I think the first question is a great psychological question by the way. Sounds like it would be on a personality quiz.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Loner is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, one can chose to feel pain, but say there is a basis of judgement..wait, if there was, we'd know the answer to what we deserve. I don't know.

"You gain 1, you get screwed over 3 times worse."
 35yrs • F •
Yes, there isn't a definit answer to determin what we deserve or not. I guess what I'm trying to bring out is if you think you have (or should have) the things you deserve, according to your own basis for judgement.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^you're right....you only "think" you deserve something because you judge!...everything that comes to you is needed for enlightenment so to speak....the kick in the groin is a result of your action...action reaction...cause effect.....everybody deserves nothing...but a nobody deserves all...

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have everything i deserve and deserve everything i have. i think this is the case for everyone. i laugh when people complain about what a hard life theyve had. im not heartless, most just have no clue how hard things can really be. and several who do know dont appreciate what theyve learned by going through it. oh yea, i hate people.

i am the judge, jury and executioner.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
Well said Wyote, well said.

In the case with poverty, I know how hard life could be, not that I personally experienced it, but staying in Philippines showed me that all the material things I have now, well, I don't really deserve. What did I do to deserve it? But the thing is, I know how hard they work there just to provide food and maybe shelter, but they don't get much in material posessions. Some may deserve better, but don't have it, but some who do deserve it, doesn't want it. I guess it just depends on how you look at life. Appreciating what you have and stop comparing youself to others. Even if they don't have much materially, they're very happy with life it's simplicities, and with what they've got. Family is very important there. Thats really all you need.

43yrs • M •
I need to deserve me up a pizza.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • F •
Really? Nothing at all?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • F •
really? why is that?

Deserving?
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy