Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

is the bible CONTRADICTORY? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think whether you believe or not, it isn't always followed blindly. And checking your resources whether it's in accurate or not and interpreted properly is another thing. But hey, what ever you believe.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 39yrs • M •
AntiChristian is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
do you think that the two verses need interpretation? if yes, please, tell me their proper interpretation. i qoute from King James version. do you think that it is inaccurate?.... please, tell me your preferred version so that i quote from it the next time (if u think that KJV isn't accurate)...

[  Edited by AntiChristian at   ]
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well yes the King James Version is far more inaccurate than say the New International Version (NIV).

For example - the two genealogies you mentioned (Mathew & Like) there is no contradiction there at all. One is through Mary the other is through Joseph.

39yrs • M •
AntiChristian is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
let us suppose that One is through Mary the other is through Joseph (although you didn't show me your proof). what about the following verses?

1 Chronicles 3:19 The sons of Pedaiah:

Zerubbabel and Shimei.

The sons of Zerubbabel:

Meshullam and Hananiah.

Shelomith was their sister.

1 Chronicles 3:20 There were also five others:

Hashubah, Ohel, Berekiah, Hasadiah and Jushab-Hesed (NIV)

the sons of Zerubbabel are
1. Meshullam
2. Hananiah
3. Hashubah
4. Ohel
5. Berekiah
6. Hasadiah
7. Jushab-Hesed
where are Abiud and Rhesa?... Abiud and Rhesa are not from the seven sons of Zerubbabel !!!

[  Edited by AntiChristian at   ]
 37yrs • M •
highroller is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I BELIEVE THAT WE GET TO WRAPPED UP IN THE WORDS OF RELIGIOUS GARBLE AND DON'T DO WHAT WE SHOULD REALLY DO. LIVE A GOOD AND HONEST LIFE. I DON'T THINK HUMANS ARE SENSIBLE ENOUGH TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE ON THERE OWN SO WE NEED TO TAKE SENTENCES OUT OF RELIGIOUS TEXT TO SHOW US THE WAY TO LIVE. INSTEAD OF ANALYZING A BIBLE SO MUCH THAT WE FINALLY CAN GET A GENERALIZATION OF WHAT WE WANTED ANYWAY WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE A BROADER LESS ANALYZED WAY THAT JESUS DID SIMPLE AND NOT CONTRADICTORY(DON'T KILL, DON'T STEAL.....ETC.) EVEN IF SOMEONE KILLS YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IT IS NOT RIGHT TO KILL HIM IN JESUS' EYES AND FROM MY POINT OF VIEW IN GOD'S EYES.

"Dare the mind with original ideas"
 46yrs • F •
xaniiu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The validity of the bible is of most importance because I know when I have been to church the minister reads DIRECTLY from the bible so to say that "no one with a brain beieves that the bible is the word of god" is a contradicton to organizd religion. If no one believes that it is the word of god than why are u taking another HUMANS word from a book that is around 2000 years old??

53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"so to say that "no one with a brain beieves that the bible is the word of god" is a contradicton to organizd religion"

Did you read everything I said or just stop there? Go back and reread it. I said they believe that the Bible is INSPIRED BY GOD. There is a difference!

39yrs • M •
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness [Click here].... I HAVE NO COMMENT

39yrs • M •
virtues don't prove whether Chritianity is a true religion or not. all religions prohibit stealing, Killing,...etc. the bible contains great commandments but it also contains bad and corrupted teachings.if you are christian, you have to apply its (bad and great) teachings.the bible contains CONTRADICTIONS, myths, plagiarized stories and scientific errors.it is irrational to neglect the defects of the bible and concentrate on its virtues and moralities.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"If you have faith in the Lord, and it turns out when you die that he is not real, what have you lost? Nothing. you had lived a good life and died. But if you dont put faith in God, and it turns out when you die, that he was (and he is!) real, then you have lost the chance to live in his excelence for the rest of eternity. so you make the choice? is the bible being contradictiory important to you? are you going to let your faith in God rest in contradictions?
I wouldnt put my life on it."

That's just retarded. You can't make yourself just up and believe in a god. It doesn't work like that. In your heart you have to really have trust in its truth. Are you telling me just because someone who doesn't truly believe, and can't force themselves to do it, will go to hell?

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You obviously aren't trying hard enough, infidel. Now get on your knees and repent or burn in hell forever.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe in hell - but I kinda wished I did, because some people I feel should go there, at least for a little while anyways - forever is to long.

I believe all of us at some time or another will repent whether we believe in God or not, it just happens that way.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
snodion is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
2UnderDawg

If you live not believing god, and found out there is a god, then the worst is admit your wrong.
If you live believing god, and found out there isn't a god, then the best is a mid-life crisis.

hmmms...

"What's past was gone, don't make tomorrow a regret."
 39yrs • M •
Rozo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Although I do find your post compelling "antichristian" I also find that your screen name is enough for me to at least look at anything you say as some sort of messed up agenda to destroy Christianity.
And true, your quotes are indeed accurate from the King James version.

Do you have some sort of problem with people being happy? Even if that means having blind faith towards something that rings true in their heart?

Drop your crusade against religion. At best it gets you nowhere and makes you enemies, and at worst...

"Love is a circle, Jump in"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course, the bible is contradictory! It contrast between views of life & what is of value. It purpose is to teach moral (social) values & help to bring one closer to GOD.
Yes, it is full of human error and you can find error even in transcriptions of its content & context.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
is the bible CONTRADICTORY? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy