Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer, then you find there is nothing in it. - PhoebeKnowsAll
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

reincarnation

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
dieanna is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
reincarnation
[b] . i have been thinking about reincarnation. there are some people who i just click with, people who i think i have met before but i have just net them. i know what people are like even if i have not talked to them. i do things and even though i have not done them before i feel like i have. i think about places i have never been to but i feel connected to tit and all the emotions that come with it.

also with reincarnation comes the concept of a soul mate, and we end up meeting them in every life time. thats why many people say they feel liek they have known thier souldmates forever.

what i dont understand about reincarnation is that , how can you live one life and totally forget about the past life, it would just be as good as dying and have nothing left after that becuase everything you have done in one life is gone becuase whats inside dont remember none of it.

also are new souls created? becuase the population is getting bigger and bigger, therefore logicaly more souls are being created. but then i think maybe becuase people in generall are all so similar i.e. everyone feels the same sort of emotions and the inner knowledge of whats right wrong etc. so is it possible that all the souls mesh together after death to be split up and meshed to creat new souls. this would also explain how people are in gerneral contain many similar aspects of each other. maybe that is why me and probably even you have those de ja vu like feelings to people and places and even emotions.

i dont like the idea of reincarnation, its hard to accept that the people who you love in your life are gone because their soul is born again into another place at another time. and also because you will never get to see them again, even if you do meet them in another lifetime, it doesnt matter becuase you would have forgotten everything.

i also dont like it becuause i i want to know that when i die i will go to heaven. well maybe people have a choice? a choice to live again in another lifetime or go to heaven? who knows?

"falling in love is the greatest feeling on earth, falling down hurt coz if it is the worst."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reincarnation, life after death, the true beginnning of everything. I just don't know. As a guy extremely interested in cosmology, i love seeing actual evidence behind the universe and how everything works. But with these concepts such as reincarnation, i just don't know..

"www.starforsaken.com"
 38yrs • F •
dieanna is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
YEAH I DONT KNOW EITHER. BUT REALLY I THINK TIME DOES NOT EXIST, IT ONLY EXISTS BECUASE WE ALIVE PEOPLE HAVE BRAINS AND THE BRAINS TRIES TO MKE SENSE OF THINGS BY HAVING LOGICAL THINGS SUCH AS TIME ETC. PERHAPS THE BRAIN BLOCKS AWAY ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE LIKE GHOSTS I.E. THE SPIRIT WORLD, THEREFORE WE CAN ONLY SEE WAT IS LOGICAL, AND MAYBE THATS WHY PEOPLE ON DRUGS OR PEOPLE THAT ARE MENTAL ACTUALLY 'SEE' THINGS THAT ARE THERE BUT EVERYONE ELSE WHICH NORMAL BRAIN FUNCTION CANT SEE THAT. ANYWAY, I AM INTERESTED IN COSMOLOGY TOO, BUT I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT, WOULD BE GOOD IF YOU CAN REPLY BACK ADN TELL ME ABOUT THE UNIVERSE AND HOW IT WORKS. AND MEYBE EVEN TELL ME WHERE OR WHEN THE UNIVERSE ENDS

"falling in love is the greatest feeling on earth, falling down hurt coz if it is the worst."
 38yrs • M •
haha, first of all lay off the caps. Time is a notion created by humans to help bring some form of order to life. There are a lot of threads on here about that..

I enjoy some psychadelics for just the reasons you stated, mind expansion.

Cosmology? I'd recommend buying some books on it. That's where I learned all i know, from online reasearch and texts. Our universe was created some 13 billion years ago with the big bang, although this creation is being targetted by string theorists. As for the end... eventually, our universe will expand so much that all star formation will cease - and when all the suns stop shining, there will not be any heat. This will cause a universe-wide deep freeze of absoulte zero.. giving us the options of death..or escape from the universe. Seeing as we will be be a type III civilization by then, i this will be feasible through a manmade wormhole or something of that sort.... but i'm going to shut up now because i'm digging too deep here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/origins/index.shtml
would be a good start, if you're truly interested .

"www.starforsaken.com"
 38yrs • F •
cool. so you are saying that eventually the whole universe will be just nothing, just empty space? wow, so wat was there before the big bang?

38yrs • M •
yes, it will end up as nothing..small cold pieces of rock (and dwarves created from dead suns) drifting in nothingness.

If you're religious, God was before the big bang. If you're not, I truly have no idea.

Read this, if you really want a mindfuck.
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~nmramess/god.html

"www.starforsaken.com"
 38yrs • F •
but wouldnt the quantum theory contradict that satement where the universe will eventually be nothing?

38yrs • M •
which aspect and explain that aspect... i don't know the QT inside and out, as I'm just a recreational learner on this stuff.

a Deep Freeze IS the end...albeit so many lifetimes away I don't really worry about it.

Taken from my post on another forum:

http://prospectmagazine.co.uk/article_details.php.6701.html

Best article I have read in the last few months. It basically says that due to dark matter [antigravity] pushing our universe apart at an exponential speeds, the future is a Deep Freeze with the entire universe reaching absolute zero. Due to this, advanced civilizations would be forced to flee to a parallel universe via black holes, wormholes, or something along those lines. Keep in mind that this would be billions of years in the future, and seeing as how far OUR (one of many in the universe) civilizations has come in the last hundred years. . . machines light-years in length in the distant future would surely be feasable. I recommend reading the whole thing; for clarity.

The article was written by the author of Hyperspace >Michio Kaku< a brilliant Japanese theoretical physicst.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I posted this remark about my thoughts on death in a previous thread:

"Life and death are so much more complex than we ordinarily think...and the concept of linear time with respect to life after death is not as simple as most ordinary christian concepts...The true nature of time is the key to understanding what may happen after we die in this temporal realm...Time is a circle (or possibly time is enclosed in a "sphere of consciousness" within us and not 'outside' us), almost eternal, and events in life return to live themselves out again and again...Only self-awareness and knowledge can can generate profound changes in the this eternal repetition."

I am referring to the theory of eternal recurrence once quite popular among theosophists around the turn of the century, the idea that when we die we are reborn as who we are and live our lives all over again, and again, and again, eternally. According to these thinkers our ordinary concept of reincarnation is a thwarted version of eternal recurrence. Reincarnation was created by people who could not understand the true nature of time and the illusion of 'linear time.' This idea of eternal recurrence may explain the experience of deja vu. What's interesting about this idea is that each of us can 'jump' into the next life 'immediately' by simple struggling against our inclinations under certain conditions, by doing things opposed to what we believe we would ordinarily do and observing our reactions to it, thus changing the course of our lives somehow (an effect which, to us, seems immediate, but actually may be the effect of actually 'jumping into' a future life!). Pretty wild, don't you think?

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, if matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed. and they simply just change form. and assuming that life is a complex mixture of that matter and energy. assuming also that time is a cognative creation, and does not exist absolutely (meaning there is no true or absolute beginning or end to the "universe". then would it not be logical to assume that the matter and energy that constitute each individual being, over the course of the "universe's" infinate life span, regain that exact composition over and over again?

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you are interested in reincarnation, I HIGHLY recommend going and reading the book "Many lives, Many Masters". It is by Brian L. Weiss, a well repsected psychiatrist. It is a true story about him, and a patient he was treating. I really suggest you go out and buy this/go to your library and check it out if you are interested in reincarnation. It tought me a lot, and I remember back when I used to hear about reincarnation I used to think about how crazy it was, but now, it fills in all the blanks for me.....the book was about 12 bucks. Paperback

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
JoelB. This is irrelavant because there is no proof for or against it. So if you can in the end have no proof then it is irrelavant to disculss or contemplate

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Photar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I have no idea whether reincarnation is real but if it is...

When my Mum was pregnant with me she went to a psycic who said someone very special wanted to come back and wanted to come back through your daughter... yeah right.
But when I was little I was adamant I was a boy. My Mum and Nan were always trying to convince me otherwise (I didn't know about the
psycic's words).

One day when I was 4 I was arguing about this and in frustration shouted "Soldiers came! Soldiers came and shot my family! I was a boy."
Apparenly this disturbed the adults present. Apparently I just calmed down and went about as if I had said nothing.

Then there was the obsession with Russia I had at the same time.
I had never been outside my home state but I was desperate to go to Russia and would pester my nan to convince my mum to take me.
Out if curiousity I asked a well respected psycic to do a reading in past lives. I told him nothing about my childhood. He said this was my seventh incarnantion.
It was my fifth that was the most interesting and seemed to have the strongest influence over me.

Alexei Romanov, son of Nicholas II, shot along with his family in 1918. Part of me goes "yeah, right."

Part of me sees his eyes just like mine, his personality like mine, his closeness to his family, his fondness for filling his pockets with junk, his reaction to his poor health compared to mine and the really odd feeling I have always had when I saw a picture of Nicholas.
The word papa almost swamped me (I never call my father that).

I know I sound crazy but every word is true.
It's not proof. I lived this and I doubt it, but when an ignorant child says such things you have to wonder.

"We are, all of us, in the gutter but some of us a looking at stars"
reincarnation
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy