Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

You cant handle the truth - Page 3

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But to be open minded is to reject the idea of truth and lies because no one can be sure of either.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no, to be open minded is to give equal consideration to all, suggestions, before deciding which is the truth and which is the lie. though occasionaly the middle ground is occasionaly chosen if there is equal support for both arguements. but the ideas of truth and lie are still accepted

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
before deciding which is the truth and which is the lie

This cannot be because an open minded person ceases to be open minded if he decides one way or the other.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually Ethereal has a good point here. We can only judge if something is true by comparison to our costs and values.

However, to have a set of concrete ideals to decide whether something is true or not is a closed mind that judges relative to itself.

And to prove it is not true: Law works by assuming it can judge. But the laws by which they find guilt are wrong because it only needs one case of someone innocent being found guilty to be untruthful.

The greater truth is that individuals vary in their judgement. The only thing that marks the difference is the success of the outcome.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
But to say that humans must not judge is illogical because then we would let all murderers walk our streets free to murder as they wish. Judgement must occur at a human level or else we have given up our intelligence. We must find a standard to live by one that is absolute lest we become completely lawless.

41yrs • M •
Of course. It is only animals and humans that judge. Maybe?

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
Animals are subject to humans so they are irrelevant to this topic.

41yrs • M •
Actually go back to the name of this thread:

You cannot handle the truth.

Now. Lets cut it up and bash this comment with a big stick.

I can handle mass and that is true. I can handle a cat and that is true. I can handle a big cat that is true (assuming we know a lot or all of the cats!). I can handle a evil cat (I dont know whether this is true or not; but if it bites me, pisses on me and attacks me I am more conviced that it is a bad cat than a good cat. And that is because it affects me by making me have bad reaction towards it. Think about what 'bad' is and its terms like pain, violence, bitterness. Think about what good is and its 'aww thats cute' and isnt it sweet; pleasure, happy thoughts. Now the truth is these are concepts but they have, in this sense from my reference, unversal meaning, but only by reference between two bodies...or more bodies relating to themselves.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
quote:
You cannot handle the truth.

It is more correct to say that one does not want to handle the truth becasue truth is usally harder to accept the lies.

41yrs • M •
Lol...dont get the wrong impression this was not a stab at you. The statement had the sole purpose for me to analyse to help me make a point.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
I did not take it as a stab I was just adding my thoughts

41yrs • M •
Ok...I sent by accident...was going to add....

As for this point though....Many create lies that hide behind truth for comfort. Now facing the truth is proportional to the scale of it and the strength of the individual. And this in itself is assuming the truth is BAD! think about this.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
Truth is difficult because it involves action and it in not about comfort levels so most people cling to lies that allow them to be comfortable.

41yrs • M •
That still assumes the values they hold are lies. In fact this thread has actually made me realise that religion is necessary for most. But there is a greater power and that is our own creativity and this is why I consider religion personal. If one cares to read through these thread you may see how I feel this based on the analysis of them

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
Religion should be personal but it isn't. Christianity is a relationship with Jesus and that is personal in the same way as having a friend who has other friends than yourself but this doesn't change the oneness of this person simply because he has different friends.

You cant handle the truth - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy