Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you dream about?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do you dream about?
this may already be a thread, but if it is i havnt found it, so i shall start it anyways. Do you think that dreams have something to do with an individual's personality?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreams- they are so weird they seem to me to be a mishmash of what was on my mind that day- such things as what i may have recalled what i did and if I was upset or not. If I remember or thing about someone in my past they often pop up in dreams or if I was stressed ill have turbulent dreams or if im super stressed over a long period I will have nightmares for sure. I rarely watch tv now but when I did sometimes those scenes i saw will enter my dreams.

So I guess there is a correlation to your personality and what you dream about. However I really have access to one personality so its hard to be certain - but I would imagine we do not all dream in the same ways....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
along the lines of god, the bible, and right & wrong...

if we are responsible for the conscious decisions we make, if the inorganic is more "real" than the organic (biblical principle) and if any decision i am aware of making is subject to the rules of right and wrong...

then the choices i make while dreaming are subject to those same rules?
i remember reading a scripture that said if you lust after a woman in your thoughts, it is the same as physically "doing the deed">

i know most people's perception of a dream is that consequence is not involved since it isn't "real"/ I'm thinking they may be wrong.

what do you think?

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dream about many things, often violent unfortunately, however my favorites are when I'm the one with power and I especially love my Superman dreams. Flying, invulnerability (mostly) and power, these are my favorites to be sure.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can't remember my dreams much but here a few:

I see my old houses with people gathered in them to remember God. Those dreams, there is always something I'm afraid of, usually a person or a thing, either because I am ashamed to be seen in front of them or they want to inflict some harm....

Adventure dreams: I have wings or an animal that can fly. I'm never the only one. Right when I am about to fly or take part in the action, I wake up....

Plain weird dreams: my teacher pointing to a student, who both happen to be standing in my balcony. More dreams like these. The worst dream I ever had went like this:

I get up. Use the bathroom. Wash my face. Brush my teeth. Pour my cereal into a bowl. Eat my cereal. Change. Wear my socks. Put on my shoes and coat. Open the door. Poof! I wake up to do the same thing all over again. This was one of the clearest dreams I ever had. You know how annoying it is to do the same thing twice!? Miserable dream.

Dreams definitely reflect you or your personality. I dream too often about school because it stresses me so much. I have too many dreams about flying because it's a freedom I've yearned for since childhood.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
"i know most people's perception of a dream is that consequence is not involved since it isn't "real"/ I'm thinking they may be wrong.

what do you think?"

I've asked the same question many times. sometimes i do something in dreams that i would never do awake. i wake up and i'm ashamed of myself, but then i say, "i didnt have control over it, so how can i help it?" i dont know. it's a good question.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have heard that in dreams we often act out our inner most desires. nothing restrains us from doing what we really yearn for. nor do we have any physical, social or legal limitations in dreams.

me, i dream a lot, in color and with sound and on occasion taste and smell but that is a rarity. sometimes i am a superhero, sometimes i am an evil mastermind. ive been in shopping centers, schools, office buildings, parks, under the ocean and even in space. ive flown, ive teleported ive even broken myself in to pieces and reconstructed myself.

i also very often have a strong emotion attached to my dreams - fear, anger, hate, sadness, ennui, pain, suffering, joy, love, lust, complacency, dulled, morbid.... and others.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One element in my dreams that reoccures often is levitstion- Ofter i will find I can float around, but somtimes it makes movement difficult- like running on ice....
Why This is I am not certain perhaps because on occasion I will get sore feet...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 36yrs • F •
I sometimes have a dream where i leap into the air. i can scale buildings and water and such, but i can never quite fly. i keep wondering whats going to happen when i eventually do fly.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when you sleep you dream, everyone does. its just that many people do not remember them once they wake up. children are better adept at remembering dreams. i have severe insomnia during periods of great change in my life and during these times i hardly remember any dreams, but when i do get that little bit of sleep i still dream like everyone else.

when you have gone long periods of time without REM sleep your brain will force you to have dreams when you are awake. you start to have "micro sleep" where youll slip in to a dream for a split second.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
an hour (round about) of wakefullness before afternoon naps increases lucidity.

repeating "i will dream, and i will know that i am dreaming" increases dream recall and lucidity.

going over past dreams before falling asleep has the same e(a)ffect.

dream incubation deals with concentrating on a certain answer or event to experience. Desire, belief in manifestation, and focus are the necessary for results.

i have been sleeping on the parent's couch lately. in the morning i wake up, make up the couch, and move into my brother's room. before i read about gaining consciousness inbetween sleep cycles, i was experiencing 3-5 dreams (to my recallection) as a result of this morning migration between beds.

supposedly it takes 5-20 minutes to slip into REM cycles. This increases your chances of still being "conscious" enough to realize your condition.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 36yrs • F •
QuiteTheFolly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
For the past five or six years, I've been having these recurring dreams of scaling the sides of really tall buildings. Sometimes I slip, and I have this physical feeling of free-falling. Everhad a dream you were running?
Well, in any case, I often wake-up feeling quite restless. I'm quite the
over-achiever, so perhaps scaling buildings, and falling, and still making the climb has somethng to do with that. I dunno. They feel good though. If you ever had a dream you were running in the air, off the ground, almost flying, you probably understand where I'm coming from.

"Love is...fuck I can't remember the word."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
more to the developed topic of lucidity to begin. there are hundreds of types of induction techniques that can increase one's ability ot achieve waking or near waking consciousness while dreaming. it is oft postulated that anyone can develop this ability, but stipulations exist regarding individual potential, mainly in relation to untrained dream recall.

for myself, it took approx six weeks of induction and training before i becan to achieve lucidity on a regular basis. this was about two years ago. since i have developed quite astonishing capacity to manipulate and control nearly every aspect of the dream world. interestingly, there does exist, for me atleast, an addictive element to the expereince. the power, perhaps, the novelty. regardless, due to the development of this ability i dream about whatever i choose.

finally, i see no moral or ethical parameters to dream acts. quite to the opposite, the exploration of my unconscious world via dream has altered my perceptions of morality within 'traditional reality'. the right and wrong of it, if you will forgive the crudeness of the terms, is relative to degree of control over it. control is percieved, thus rendering the entire process an endeavor in subjectivity. just my thoughts/experiences, for whatever sense it makes.

"dont got one"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dream of what ever I damn well please... hahha. yes, being able to lucid dream is the most amazing thing I've ever been able to do in my entire life. I learned how to do it when I was 6 and it took maybe 2 nights to fully learn what I was doing. but not until recently [maybe a year of 2 ago] have I been able to simulate all my senses. It's really hard to explain when you cannot experience it for yourself.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most of my dreams are quite plesant. Usually of something I enjoy with really funny endings. In fact I use to go to boarding school and my roomates use to say I would be laughing in my sleep or talking. I asked him what I was talking about and he said birds...and how they flew. But every once and a while I have nightmares. Usually I die and when I wake up I'm covered in sweat and confused about where I am.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
What do you dream about?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy