Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you dream about? - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most of my dreams I do not remember. However from time to time I laugh in my dreams, so they usually have a comical context. The reason why I know they are funny, is because I often catch myself actually laughing sub-conciously. Its quite amusing.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you can be bothered, there is a trick you can use to remember dreams. I used to remember most of my dreams until I started drinking and going clubbing and doing less exercise (maybe memory is related to oxygen saturation mostly?).

Anyway...in the first few moments of a dream we remember the dream. But normally we drift back to sleep again and its forgotten quickly. Whilst your just awake in that momentary stae of half-conciousness, write down the dream. Do this often, and more often still. Eventually you'll find that you remember the dream without having to write anything down. You may find you remember up to 8 dreams/ night depending how much you sleep! plus initially the writings make for a good read later, though there can be precious sleep lost-but stil.

As for a general rule: you get more of what you reinforce!-this is found in psychology and Buddhism !

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
I don't see how writing one dream down that has just occured will help remembering future dreams without having to write them down.

Not being able to remember dreams is because dreams are generally forgotten within minutes after they have occured. The other factor is that dream content is in many cases not well integrated with other things that the individual believes or remembers. Not remembering one's dreams is completely natural, and its main cause is not by inducing chemicals or lack of exercise.

41yrs • M •
Try it; it worked for me.

""No words""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The other night I had 6 different dreams about the same person in a row. I woke up in the middle of them so i remembered them all. I always go over a dream a few times really fast when I wake up. If I don't imidiatly do it I forget it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
Heyjme1 how does it gurantee memory though?

41yrs • M •
If you immdeiately write down the dream after the dream itself, and continue to do so, I imagine the brain gets used to the habit of conciously remembering the dream. Slowly, the brain just gets used to storing the dream, without writing it down. I did this a year back; now I can't remember my dreams again. But it worked for a few weeks/months afterwards, without actually writing anything down.You can't remembr everything but you'll be surprised how much you remember in the first few seconds/minutes in semi-concious state.

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
Sounds like some form of semi-concious dream conditioning. Interesting. Shall try it sometime. Seems a little difficult though to be able to conciously wake up and physically write, several times within, say, 9 hours. Studies have found that our memory is most clear during REM sleep. And it is this period of sleep when your brain cycles through levels of conciousness. This time, during REM is when one would most probably have to record their memories.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Last night I woke up over and over and over again so I remember a lot of them.

Three were about my ex. One of them was about... stuff. The other was realy weird. Like, it wasn't about her, she just happend to be there It was one of those dreams that don;t make any sense. I can't remember anything about it I just know ti was like one of those. The other was about us getting back together..

One was me standing on the street corner waiting for the chool bus on a road I had never seen before with two people I used to work with. They were wearing the same cloths and I was wearing something similar. They are sisters. They were talking about ex-boyfreinds and boyfreinds they currently had. Then they talked about the mall and shopiing. Then work. Then I woke up.

The last was about my dad asking me when I was going to go get my car. I repeatedly told him it was out of my control and had nothing to do with me considering as I can't drive yet.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My dreams usually focus around my previous day, or the possibilities of what will happen tommorow, though sometimes I find myself pulled into one of three scenarios that I've come to either fear or enjoy. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, but they're gathering a lot of body based on my experiences, sinc each person in these dreams are different but based off someone I know.

1. A Blueprint dream: I watch something be drawn in front of me, then it takes shape, spins slowly in all directions, then lands in my hands where I feel its weight and makeup, then everything goes black and I wake up sweating. I've drawn what I saw once and it looks like some sort of geometric boat.

2. The Faces dream- I'm sitting in bed, my room dark around me, and every time I blink, I see a wolf's face, the head of red lines, which breathes fire on me, I feel a blast of heat and suddenly I'm shaking and there's faces of people I know and people I don't around me. I usually wake up scared to death after this one, it's happened twice in the past three months. Not cool.

3. This one I like, the Chateau Noir, a 1920's nightclub where I"m a singer of songs that no one's head before. There's red dresses, cool beer, and the occasional cop that busts in, I've woken up and written what I've sang and written two melodies from these dreams. I've had about eight episodes of it in the past year.

Other than these three, I mostly dream about sailing, hanging out with freinds, watching a concert instead of singing in it, a crazy dinnertime, my girlfriend, and just a lot of random stuff. Those three though are my basis however.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreams are so awesome. Since I started practicing lucid dreaming almost a year ago, I find that I look at my waking hours in a whole new light.

I haven't been as consistent with it as I'd like in order to improve my skill (I can't will myself to fly yet, and my surroundings as well as my thoughts are more hazy than I'd like). But I have some pretty funny stories actually about me snapping into lucidity during a dream. This one time I became lucid while fornicating with a purple mannequin (just to clarify... this happened IN the dream, people!).

I'd like to say "who thinks this stuff up?" right now... but I guess I thought that up!

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
disenchanted, that is probably the scariest thing I've ever heard in a dream. I hate those things xD!

I wish there was a way to explain how I dream.. Actually I can, I just do it. lol bad explaination... It was more of a childhood experience than forced me to be able to lucid dream.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
blue_heaven is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Last night I dreamt I was walking barefoot on footpath made of shattered glass. But instead of my feet bleeding, blood was dripping from my fingers.

For the last two years any dream where I am outdoors always has a cloudy sky.

63yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that sunonleaves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
since i was a kid i had stairs in almost every dream i can remember. they were twisted, broken, disjointed, whatever. always treacherous and i always tried to climb them anyway.

as the years have gone by and i've made a lot of changes in my life i find i no longer dream of them.

these days i find that when i'm in a transitional stage in life or faced with stress or a tough decision i often will dream of houses or apartments with different rooms. usually i'm familiar with the place but not always.
strange huh?

What do you dream about? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy