Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Loving, Kind, Forgiving, Blessing God?

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Romach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If Satan's only job is to tempt and not to destroy, then whose job is it to
destroy, to maim, and to desolate? Whose job is it to toss the wicked into
the lake of fire? Certainly not a loving, kind, forgiving, blessing God who
has a devine plan. If that is his divine plan, then how can God be loving, kind, forgiving, and blessing?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that has been covered/

if you are responsible for your choice

forcing him to do something otherwise against his will?

but since it is not definitive-

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 48yrs • M •
If God exists and God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect, then does God destroy or does Satan destroy? Refresh my memory. Even computer hard drives need refreshing.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol,
i didn't like you so much at first, but you're growing on me/

if my interpretation of what they say is right.

In the "end" god destroys satan and everyone that was converted over to his side. reason being- good and evil were not in existence at first... things just were- i assume they have to be taken back to that level.

since anyone who gets to where god is does it through a choice-
the people who don't make that "right" choice to begin with won't be able to reach heaven allowing them to continue choosing god?

because if satan made a choice to go against god -even tho satan was in his "awesome prescence" the whole time... what is going to keep someone who "got to heaven" from starting up another revolt that in turn causes god to create another reality?

that is- if satan doing so brought into affect all that is here.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 48yrs • M •
So, God didn't get it right when he created the world? He just settled with a world with evil in it, destroyed the inhabitants, not because they were imperfect, but because he was imperfect? Now, when Lake O' Fire Season rolls around, God will do it all over again because he didn't learn his lesson the first time around?

40yrs • M •
it appears so, if it's as though they say it is so

kinda like something wizardslogic said in the problem w/ evil

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"since anyone who gets to where god is does it through a choice-
the people who don't make that "right" choice to begin with won't be able to reach heaven allowing them to continue choosing god?"

What is this one choice, as you make it sound?

Because if its all about choice, how many people do you know that have never made a "wrong" choice?

What choice warrents hell? If you were to say just denying god a place in your thoughts or something, well thats a pretty pathetic reason for sending souls to eternal damnation.

"because if satan made a choice to go against god -even tho satan was in his "awesome prescence" the whole time... what is going to keep someone who "got to heaven" from starting up another revolt that in turn causes god to create another reality?"

So uh, when did Lucifer gain free will again? Before or after he decided to revolt against god, who was too powerless to do anything about anything other than create and supposedly control everything.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 48yrs • M •
Poor God. It's not that he's evil...it's that he's incompetent.

46yrs • M
Well, they do tend to refer to him as being rather...."special"

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 48yrs • M •
That's a fabulous point, Lefty. What if heaven is so boring that people want to revolt when they get there, unless (1) there is no free will to begin with (2) one loses free will when one gets to heaven, or (3) there is no such thing as heaven?

40yrs • M •
lefty post- a few bak- you asked questions that were addressed in other posts you argued back against.... but didn't read?/

that "choice" you think is one- was worded as "one" choice in that there are "two" assumed sides of choice.
as for denying god a place in your thoughts... you then deny those actions, habits, and adherence to the original "way" of things?

lucifer attempted to defy god. he did so by acquainting himself with a thought against what god had "instructed" him to do?

I think the issue is that freedom to choose or rather being allowed to act on the decision first considered through thoughts is God's part in it all.

but that means he had to allow for something in contradiction to himself- since he is perfect- to exist in a part of himself- his creation.

thus he is contradicted in his moral perfection. especially if he knew this and that would happen.

If he is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect... but is so "special" or "incompotent" in programming his creation to be incapable of ever reaching an "imperfect" thought... he is not "PERFECT". that makes it all a lie.

48yrs • M •
I'm good with believing God is incompetent and not evil. I can readily forgive bumbling fools that hurt my family and me by accident. I find it quite difficult to forgive anyone who hurts my family and me by choice.

46yrs • M
Well, in that line of thinking, looking at our conversations I am left wondering, what does it say that we are asking these question or seeing these contradictions or imperfections, ya know, the ones we think possible that he somehow missed?

I understand the idea of understanding from experience, hind sight is 20/20 type thing, its just that we know humans are imperfect, or perfect in their imperfection, but its god who either claims not to be or these followers that may be imagining him in the first place, but since he is claimed to be lacking imperfection is it fair to let him off as if he were a small minded probable ape descendant?

I think so, if the rules of forgiveness and acceptance actually mean more than those of "justice" and persecution, revenge, etc.

I often try to look at such ideas as tolerance, and forgiveness from a posistion of someone who has lost someone, like if you were strapped down in front of you pregnant wife as she is being raped before being executed in front of your eyes, as well as other children of yours and or dear family members.

And once I regain control of my heart rate and can see straight again, I try to take it all into perspective.

I can come away not hating anyone untill I perhaps hear the reasoning, words, circumstances and emotions of such a "terrorist" mind who could actually do such things. Which could strengthen or lessen the overall emotional effect of the "victim" perspective and add or detract at least some scrap of rational reasoning to the act as well.

The reason I was going off on this is because I got to thinking about such a concept as peace, and was thinking of what it would take to overcome such things as the generations of violent hatred as found in the middle east.

Unfortunately, when doing so I find myself right back in the middle of a seemingly hopeless, if not the epitamy of hopless relgious arguments.

48yrs • M •
If God is not a bumbling fool, and he does purposely smash little girls in earthquakes, then why should the girl's parents forgive God for killing the innocent girl if God refuses to forgive humans who kill innocent humans?

46yrs • M
About that scenario I mentioned, now that I have thought on in more once again, I can't see myself doing anything but utterly destroying all involved in whatever gruesome and painful ways I can manage. I simply don't know what to think knowing such occurances exist.

Have you guys ever seen the crow? When I empathize with that scene of him and his girlfriend deaths after her torture in front of his eyes.

I see red

I don't know about you guys but it would seem I would be capable of some serious "evil" under such circumstances. Some hefty distribution of some pain and suffering.

Does that make one evil?

1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy