Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Civilization and government

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
blacklocust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm tring to get some opinions on this subject. If you could create your own government and social structure what would it be? would your civilization include all people of all ideas and beliefs? why or why not? And would it allow humanity to take control of its own destiny?

Last, what in your opinion is mankinds destiny? why?

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From an idealist perspective, and perhaps not a realistic one (at least not at the present time)... a governmental body would include all ethnic, racial, cultural and religious perspectives, based on percentage of population. 10% Indigenous population = 10% Indigenous representatives, 12% Islamic population = 12% Islamic representatives, etc. And to help create mutual ideas and mutual goals, everyone's focus is the betterment of humanity as a whole and the planet on which we live. Economics would obviously have to play a part because economics are a huge part of our world but they wouldn't necessarily be the priority, in cases where an economically beneficial decision isn't beneficial to the planet and/or its inhabitants, decisions are made to support the planet and its inhatitants.

What is our destiny? We are currently in the middle of an evolutionary process, one where people are becoming more aware of what is going on around them in terms of that which we cannot "see". People are waking up to the knowledge that there is more to life than we realize and that the actions and thoughts in terms of the negative aspects of who we are is coming to an end. We are evolving because our planet is evolving and as our planet evolves it requires a certain frequency to be in place, therefore lower grade actions and thoughts are becoming less and less tolerated within the ecology of the planet.

As this evolution occurs there is going to be, on one side of our existence, chaos, upheaval and destruction, and on the other side peace, respect, love and freedom. The two sides are going to become more and more divided as the two become more and more extreme and less able to co-exist. And we, as individuals are soon going to have to decide where we want to be.

That's how I see it. Call it whatever you will. All I can say is "We'll see."

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why are you using "civilization" instead of "nation"?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think problems like the abortion issue should be solved with real ideas, rather than back and forth partisonship.

When a male child is around 12, he must get a tetonis shot to be allowed to continue public schooling. When he and every little boy goes in for the tetonis shot, he should also recieve a mandatory vasectomy, and his sperm put on ice. If in the future he wishes to have a child, the vasectomy can either be reversed, or his sperm bank sperm can be used - ( if he and his partner are found to be qualified leagaly to raise a child, they will be issued a parental licence.)

No jobless drunk wife and child beaters having children, no pregnency for rape victoms, no need for abortion, no unwanted and unloved children, no crack babies, no issues in overpopulation.

just think of how many problems parental licenses would solve.

Needing a license to have a child, what greater responsibility is there? What else should someone need to be more qualified for?

Is this a radical idea? No, it is just an idea... You probably haven't heard an idea for a while have you? No, you just get to hear partison direction. I think that this is something that would greatly improve what we have today in America and in the rest of the word.

That's the only issue I am pushing right now, I have no idea of humanities destiny.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So who gets to decide whether or not you can have a child? Can they come into your home and spend a week to make sure your environment is "suitable"? Can they dig into your past to see if you have any "issues" that might get in the way of you being an "affective" parent? Can they interview your friends and family regarding what kind of person you are to make sure you are "ready"?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that child rearing is the biggest responsibility we have and one that most don't take nearly seriously enough but I don't see how any form of parental licensing could ever be considered fair judgement.

43yrs • M •
blacklocust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The reason why I chose the word civilization instead of nation was because that is where humanity is headed towards, one single world nation, not within the next 50 years but probably during the last 50 years of this centruy. The license for birth thing sounds like a good idea.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thought, just think of it this way, those are good questions and the answers are yes to all of them, they already do that once you get in the system (get in trouble with kids in the home), not the license but the home visits and monitoring.

I'm not saying they would do a good or fair job on it, cause they don't today either.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 37yrs • M •
"for the main topic ive always been fond of the aristocracy. The best rule the many. but of course all forms of government have problems."
Uh.. That's not aristocracy. Aristocracy is "my dad ruled the many, so I get to rule the many when he dies"

50yrs • F •
I looked it up and here's what Merriam Webster had to say

aristocracy: government by the best individuals or by a small privileged class; a government in which power is vested in a minority consisting of those believed to be best qualified; a governing body or upper class usually made up of an hereditary nobility

37yrs • M •
Hereditary nobility is the keyword. The "best" might be meritocracy or technocracy.

Although of course, the aristocracy does indeed think *itself* to be much better then the rest.

50yrs • F •
"hereditary" only appears in one of the three definitions... perhaps wraith could clarity exactly what he meant...

37yrs • M •
Aright, all I know is that "aristocracy" has almost always been referring to the nobility. That is, people with hereditary priviledges, often owning hereditary lands. Extremely powerful in medieval days.

Kings are a form of aristocracy.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"So who gets to decide whether or not you can have a child? Can they come into your home and spend a week to make sure your environment is "suitable"? Can they dig into your past to see if you have any "issues" that might get in the way of you being an "affective" parent? Can they interview your friends and family regarding what kind of person you are to make sure you are "ready"?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that child rearing is the biggest responsibility we have and one that most don't take nearly seriously enough but I don't see how any form of parental licensing could ever be considered fair judgement."

No, it wouldn't always be fair, but I would rather be an adult unable to have children due to unfairness than a child unable to get good parenting due to unfairness.

Basic requirements??? Realistic annual income for child raising
Proof of ability to hold a steady job
Proof of no drug use
No violent crime history
Must complete a child raising course
-Receive child raising diploma

something like that

Thoughtmani... Are we developing a habit of disagreeing with eachother??? Nothing wrong with that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

Aristicratic... Nawww, a democracy would be great if it were a real one, not just an illusion covering a dictatorship run by politcal gangs and speacial intrest groups.

37yrs • M •
There've been oligarchies in the past and they've never worked out. No matter your political system they all suck, there's always greed and interest groups.

With democracy the greed is more spread out though.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy