Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Civilization and government - Page 2

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
blacklocust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
why not take the good qualities from each government and combine them t form a new government? what do you think is the good qualities? And why?

communism+monarchy+republic+anarchy=perfect government system.

who would be chosen to have children? I think anyone should have children as long as they have some sort of permit, using income, criminal history, psy eval, and other measures to make sure, to an extent, that the persons would be able to provide a stable environment for the intended child.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We do. Its called constitutional monarchy.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think procreation would come to a screeching halt! Hands up if you were raised in a "stable environment"...

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OHHH NOOOO!!!! What will we do without overpopulation problems???? We would be screwed if we lowered the amount of air polution due to less people driving. And what about all of those natural recorces we are using up too fast. We would have plenty, then what would we complain about? OH NO!! What would children in non-overcrowded public schools do, they might recieve some individual attention. OH No!!! ect....

37yrs • M •
Um... how are we going to pay for all these OLD PEOPLE PENSIONS!?

43yrs • M •
blacklocust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In terms of human creation, I don't think over population is really a problem. I read a paper stating that we could fit 4.5 billion people in the state of texas and that each person would have about 1,600 sqft of space. And hydroponics combined with renewable energy generation can and will feed the world in the not to distant future. If we built cities on a 3 dimensional level using sub sectors as well as vertical population centers, each city could in possibly be populated by hundreds of millions of citizens. Do the math see for your self...

Pensions and retirement should not be the responsibility of the company that one works for, every one should have a 401K and savings/mutual fund, that they would manage. That would solve the social security problem.

I would not expect only perfect people should have children, if you voted in the last US election (hopefully for bush) then you would most likely full fill most of the requirments.

in a constitutional monarchy the king and or queen are merly figure heads, they have no real power. And c-monarchy suffer the same weaknesses as the republic and democratic forms of government in terms of representation and capitalistic ideology, you would basically have the united kingdom, which is not nearlly as perfect as it could be.

37yrs • M •
Presidents are supposed to act as the symobl of the nation in many countries. Providing symoblic leadership (the USA/France are different in that he also provides hard leadership).

But because the president is elected, he is bound to be political because he has his future career at stake.

A monarch has nothing to gain and nothing to lose (except in extreme circumstances) so they provide far more apolitical symbolic leadership.

They also keep the tabloids in buisness. Anyway, monarchy isnt a big deal, really democracy is the best. There's no way around it.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
political future? Bush has no political future (unless he changes the law limiting terms as president?)

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
By your definition Cturtle, no politician has a political future.

I mean come on, he's the most powerful man in the world for 8 years, that's pretty good.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you may have misjudged my intent & beliefs, Teen.
I am not against the free enterprise nor democracy.
If this nations government truely served the people instead of elite minorities, I would be more agreeable to it.
The public pays taxes to provide for the services which is were most of money & property came from to start & keep many of the (wealthy) corporations. An example is the high speed rail system admendment which was voted out in this state. Such a system was alloted to be formed in the state constitution (during the oil crunch) Now an energy effect by the reduced dependency on auto and air traffic (let alone road construction cost) would benefit the state's tourism as vacationing people could use the train to visit area attractions after flying into the state.
If private enterprise where to build such they would recieve government land right of ways & funding, if the people are paying the bill why should private corporations profiteering of such a system?
Just like the airlines are making profit the stockholders & corporations are making money but when there are hard times whose funds are used to bail them out?
Why should public services be in the hands of private enterprise & not the public.
As far politicians, I like honesty so I don't have a lot of use for politicians & politics in general.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Civilization and government - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy