Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people we personally dislike. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Alcohol vs. Marijuana - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So you think people would be perfectly willing to give up major profits? The legalization of pot would pot dealers out of business do you expect them to be happy about this?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you think the pot dealers would go to war with the government? Obviously not they would have to give up the profits. Likely they'd still grow and sell for less than the government. It'd be less profit but less risk also. I think this would be welcomed by the marijuana community. I like to see marijuana dealing as modern day bootlegging. Did the bootleggers go to war with the government after alcohol was legalized?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Do you think the pot dealers would go to war with the government?

They are currently at war with the government. But do you think that if the government takes away their profits that the war will stop?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
The past has tendency to repeat itself. The closest thing to what would happen is what happened after alcohol was legalized.

40yrs • M •
CCCP2 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Guys, it is not about the health regulations, not even about how much it slows everybody's brain in society. It is just alot of people cannot controll themselves on MJ. how can you run a country without controll. the only reason they have been able to do it in amsterdam, is because everyone there was raised with it, and intoroducing it, will not cause a sudden and drastic effect. Also, if it is to be legalised, the places of sales will be under too much risk. What would a druggie do for his doze.... and some people i know are Hardcore addicted.

Personally i think it SHOULD be legal, only in special areas, where they stooners will be under survailance (so they don't do anything stupid) and so they get normal b4 they leave.

"Barn to kill, not to care - Metallica"
 32yrs • M •
october_falls is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
im 14 and smoke pot i have drunk but the effect is not for me and with weed it is more of a relaxing experience whereas alcohol has more damaging effects on the body and i dont understanf=d either why you cant smoke pot in your own house

"the light at the end of the tunnel is usually an oncoming train"
 36yrs • M •
quote:
What would a druggie do for his doze.... and some people i know are Hardcore addicted

Wow you're sheltered. I don't believe you've ever seen anyone blaze before. Marijuanna has been scientifically proven to not be physically addictive. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was this kid about 14 or 15 running out of the liquor store with two huge bottles of vodka. Then of course the shopkeeper/manager comes running out yelling stop him! Stop him! I just about pissed myself laughing. Another time I saw a liquor store with the front windows smashed because of a rock thrown through it. Anyway the moral of the story is that I'm sure liquor stores would get robbed and vandilized much more than a pot cafe.

40yrs • M •
CCCP2 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
1st, weed was proven to give you a mental addiction (one of my friend is has it now)
2nd. the real reason why they made weed illegal is hemp. the government was making a shitload of $$$ from the cotton fields. (slaves). well, hemp is a cheaper way of making clothing. gevernmant was too paranoic about loosing profit, so they desided to digg up some dirt on weed and make it sound bad enough to be illagel... anyways, screw weed, MDMA is so much more fun

40yrs • M •
Also for more prohibition ideas listen to the song by Immortal technique - "Peruvian Cocaine "

41yrs • F •
srsdreams is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont partake in either drugs or liqure anymore.....but, i dont see why one is against the law while the other is not......and no matter what all you pot heads say...pot does to some damage and it's not totally harmless.....

"we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
BOTH!!!!!!

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
obviously weed etc is going to have some harmful effects, but not that much that ciggeretts are legal whereas dope is banned

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 34yrs • F •
Skater_Freak_08 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ok drinking is fun but when u smoke pot it aint as bad! Drinking can kill u if u drive while UTI but if u smoke a joint and drive then barley n-e thing will happen! That is how i look at it!!!!!!!!!!!

"Skate Fast! Live Hard! Die Famous!"
 37yrs • M •
ATHEISTinHELL is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think pot should be legal it's far less harmful than alcohol and cigarets. it would take profit from drug dealers and gangs. because once you make something illegal it creates an under ground just like prohibition did for alcohol

"Jesus is coming.....................don't worry we'll get him again"
 35yrs • M •
avtrfa18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I totally agree with Enigmatic. It's more political than anything else. Legalizing this drug would cuase a certain chain reaction. It would also mean that the government would have to loose this battle it has been fighting for decades and come across other defeates on legalizing other drugs as well.

"Never regret, instead, learn from it"
Alcohol vs. Marijuana - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy