And though the rules of the road have been lodged, It's only people's games that you got to dodge. And it's alright, Ma, I can make it. - Bob Dylan
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who is your favorite, why, Whats the best Comic Flick to date. Whats the one that really needs to be made, What hero isn't there that there should be? Infinite etc.

Don't you wish you had x-ray vision?

Superman and the Hulk are my top 2, they alternate at times, I have many ties for 3rd including Bats, Spidey, and Wolverine, some runners up are Flash, Colossus, and Thor. Shazam holds a dangerous spot as the wild card, him and Supreme ( if you ever get a chance to read alam moore's supreme do yourself the favor, its available as a graphic novel too, best bet.)

Pitt, Darkness and Spawn hold Special places in my heart as well.

Why you ask? Well for the first 2, nothing but the best will do, They are ultimates, Titans among men, even while among other titans. I may return to indulge on this but I'll keep it short for now.

And we must never forget the Villains, they are sometimes the best part, Like in Austin Powers, unrelated but makes my point so shut it, Dr Evil makes those movies happen.

Dr. Doom is a classic fav of mine, other than his super intellect and the 80's flicks Lex Luthor really never held much for me untill smallville, now he kinda rocks. Though I think they may have killed him off recently in the comics. Joker is alway good. Doc Ock worked out pretty good in movie, however its Venom who they need to get in the Spidey flicks. He is probably the single most dangerous threat to our friendly neighborhood spiderman, because he doesn't trigger spidey's spider sense and has spidermans powers while being even stronger, just not quite a quick upstairs usaully, but savage and cunning none the less. Magneto, not so much the movie version, right attitude wrong presentation, definitely not the movie costume , and another x men baddie I want to see is Juggernaut, ya I likes the bigguns.

So which are the best comic flicks to date?

Tough, I'd put the first 2 supermans, 2 spidermans, first batman, and (heres the one to spark some debate) DareDevil ( hey it tripped me out how much I liked it too) together as the best of all time, with actually DareDevil on top out of the recents, the X Men belong right next to them because their love stories weren't as strong, I know its not the first thing you think of about comic book movies, but they all have love stories and X-men just fell behind on that, too many people.

Let me take a sec to explain about DareDevil, its grittyness in both presentation and story brought an air of realism that these others have been lacking, Seeing as how Ben didn't ruin the movie like I had expected, I got to stay and enjoy the other cast members just as much as the movie, Colin Farrel is awesome as anyone crazy, Jennifer Gardner shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes and kicks as while making me wanta bone her, Micheal Clark Duncan, though black was probably the only human currently capable of physically pulling off a perfect Kingpin, plus he's great anyway. This was the only nonoffensive to free thinkers recent display of religion in a movie. The action rocked, kudos to the filmakers, don't know how Ben could suck so much action wise in paycheck after that display, skilled cameramen and editors i guess. There was real and obvious, now confirmed in real life, chemistry between ben and jen, ow that hurts to say again, and the humor in the movie was great and appropriately timed. The movie almost loses it when the civilian lawyer ben and civy mystery girl elektra do the fight in the kiddie park, its their chemmistry as sense of humor that saves it. The one other key component shares some similarity to Titanics success, A little group call evanesence came from nowhere and made us feel. Before anyone had ever really been exsposed to Immortal beloved (one of the most beautiful songs of all time) there was a little funeral scene, important, but making you want to cry far more than made sense at the time. Goosebumbs

Make some sense anyway?

So lets hear from you.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lets see now...

i have always been a huge fan of Night Crawler and Gambit as far as the x-men go. they need Gambit in the movies, but he might look really stupid if they dont do it right.

i also love spiderman and i have been very pleased with how the movies are turning out, but they really really better put Venom in the third one, or ill be forced to write my fellow congressman

Magneto is definately the ultimate villian, they need to show off his abilities more in the movies though.

and finally, i have to disagree with you on the DareDevil thing... it was a decent movie, i loved Micheal Clark Duncan as Kingpin.... but i found the movie pretty boring through most of it.

i enjoyed Hellboy a good bit, but i wish they had focused more on the love story, if they had done it right, it could have been one of the best.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
Oh I was well aware of the debate my feelings on DareDevil might bring, From what I have heard enom wasn't yet on the slate, so get your pen out.

Also for the DareDevil thing though, I have to wonder and ask if you didn't have any personal hang ups, either about the characters, something in the story, perhaps a hard time swallowing an actor? (no blame here), But if there has been any comic film yet that didn't get a little boring or hold some form of dissapointmen, then I really am Superman and will be starting my tour across US malls comin soon to a city near you.

And the only beef I personally had with Spidey 2, besides how slow it started was the Superman 2 storyline, I know that the toubled hero who wants a girl and gives up his power can be powerful and that the supes movies are as old as I am, working on 30, but it was still fresh in my mind and hindered they experience a little.

And since the whole, ok so we are only going for the third movie lets head back to the goblin, rrg, comics are monthly ish and so it doesn't suck completely for this mentality, I know it would be hobgob and all but still. VENOM peole, I know it would be hard to get right, but oh wouldn't it be worth it.

I like night crawler and gambit to, i have some families ties of creole people and so there was always that, and I was happy enough with the crawler character in the movie, the thing that bugs me because it teased me so bad, was their making my day by putting Colossus in x-2, but for 2 freakin seconds, I had to slow mo just watch him change into metal form, over and over, why didn't wolvie listen when he said I can help, sure please come join our adventure, but no, help them, fucker. And no archangel, I love flight and wings yay!

So gimme my colossus, juggernaut, a re-vamped Magneto, and mybe some gambit and arch angel, and then I won't have to kill any movie makers

x3 is going to be made by other people so we may have a bumpy ride on that, since Singer, i think it is, is doing, drum role please, Superman anyone, slated for '06, if they can find their superman.

Off hand for those unaware or unexcited about '05's Christian Bale Batman, I'm hearing from some reviews of a couple test scenes that you indeed should be excited, no bat nipples, that alone should help. Bale rocks!

Elektra, Blade Trinity, And next years Fantastic Four are the biggies to watch for, I'm iffy on Elektra but Jen is sooo hot and she did awsome in DareDevil, so says me, its weird, they are gonna do DD2 but Ben doesn't wanna, yet he just did a DD cameo in Elektra so he could tag it, can you believe they are dating now, bastard.

Hmmm, sufficient rant for the moment i guess, ya and thanks for the great input

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
These are must see comic short films

Batman Dead End: http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2474406&htv=12

World's Finest, Batman Superman: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2645491

Grayson: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2645516

40yrs • M •
the joker in Grayson is a badass

46yrs • M
Ya, I think I forgot to mention that there is a really cool behind the scenes, voice over version, from the guy who made it, its pretty cool to watch and is funny too. it might be in that ifilm site not sure.

46yrs • M
Get your priorities straight people, presidential election bah! There is a struggling superman movie needing to be made here.

40yrs • M •
haha! speaking of...

do you think Tom Welling would do well on the big screen?

how bout that rumor of him being the golden haired warrior Goku?

46yrs • M
Honestly, I think he's a very good actor, with a very natural look and feel to him, while being obligitoraly pretty, he's tall like 6'4" built well and plays the part of innocent and loveable clark perfect as well as seriously turning up the heat with his intense gazes powerful emotional output, more often than not.
I do find myself unsure of bias issues but I do feel very comfortable with him in this role, I think he's the natural choice, he just can't do it because of the series and possible personal preference for various reasons. I haven't seen any mugshots of candidates like fit well as of yet, but they are redtermined to go with an unknown , which is for the best most likely. They were appearantly an ass hair away from Jim Caviesel, from the the passion. Though he hold good qualities for the role, he's not the one for me.

Oh man, some of the things that almost happened in the making of this movie, has designated a shooting stage for January I think it was, right behing Ghost Rider with Nic Cage who ironically in context of what I was saying was originally IN for the role of supes under the helm of Tim Burton. There is a scarey thought, Like Jim he has some of the stuff for it but no, he's not supes either. But one script that was made, oh my god, it was good in a sense but it completely changed disrupted and or destroyed all known origin stories and went in these crazy directions, like I said it was good ideas, just not for superman. Are you familiar with the elseworld's comics by DC? I'll explain if you ask.

As for him as Goku, that takes a sec to get used to, but with his innocence and powerful pressence nothing would surprise me, and worse comes toworse, I'd rather it be him than some schmoe who just jacks it up. I just don't know how besides all fx for making him a super fast martial artist, he's a big kid.

DBZ rocks!

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Submariner, definatley

He was amazing.

I also think that Gambit would be incredible in the movies, but from what i've heard, the most probable actor for him will be Orlando Bloom, which I really think will be awful, I mean, can you imagine him trying to do a French accent ?

I think not.

I also think that Iron Man would make a really good movie aswell.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
 38yrs • M •
And Venom should DEFINATLEY be in the next Spidey movie, without a doubt

I was just damn frustrated about why they didn't give Doc Ock a German accent in Spidey 2.

I think that Venom will be in the next one, as he gets left at the wedding after MJ runs off, so I think they'll send him to space, and his human mind will want revenge on Peter Parker and Spiderman, so thats who the Alien who posseses him imitates and attacks.

Although, the obvious answer for the next flick is to get Harry to be the new Green Goblin as they did in the comics, but thats way too obvious for me, and I damn well hope they don't do it, at least not until the 4th.

I'd like to see Vulture in there somewhere too, but personally I dont think the series will make it past the 4th installment, unfortunatley.

46yrs • M
There is plans for the sumbmariner or prince namor and a talk of aqua man, Iron man is a go and tom cruise was a candidate last I heard, I agree in hopes of venom, gambits accent is actually french creole, "american" if you care, I used to have a cajun accent from louisiana back when I was like 4. They say the way to look at comic movie right now is if you have heard of it they are pretty much in some stage of development with it, including all the various spin offs and sequal, such as elecktra, the wolverine movie, X3, spidey 3 bats 1-3, bale is signed for 2 sequals last i heard, blade trinity, some are bigger budget than others but they're still making em or trying.

38yrs • M •
Who's the new villain in the new Batman film, and more importantly, who's playing him/her/it ?

If anyone, i'd like it to be the Scarecrow.

46yrs • M
well its your lucky day buddy

Two villains, ScareCrow and Rha's Al Ghul, I don't remember the name of the actor for scarecrow off hand, but christian bale is batman, gary oldman is commision gordon, morgan freeman will play lucious fox the inventor of batmans cool shit, liam neeson will be batmans mentor character forget the name, and its not quigon jin katie holmes has a part, and the batmobile they made is insane, it may turn you off at first but it is a beast, its like a hummer on batman flavored steroids, and it does its own stunts, 100 mile and hour chases and apperantly some other interesting stuff for real, that has been the major focus of this movie over if not specifically against the last couple movie, they want as much to be real and have a purpose down to the wrist talons, Bale said the suit was a bitch to get in and out of but when in he had great mobility. There was a posting in some articles of some action scenes given a test review and that they showed the scarecrow and people gasped and gave it a standing review, just some clips, but don't get your hopes up it helps make the movie better if you lower your expectations. Chicago is actually the main city that portrayed gotham city, and that is where they did the chase scenes. They want this movie dark moody, and real, and hopefully real baddass. I love bale and the I'm not quite sure if I'm crazy or a hero is right up his alley. The scarecrow is not going to be seen much out of costume for relevance of actor, but I think he was british or europeon of some sort, I think bale is welch. Oh and the guy playing Ra's is Ken Watanabe from tom cruises the last samuri.

38yrs • M •
Wow. Excellent

I cant wait to see how they play Scarecrow and Ra.

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy