Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 4

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" Besides, do you really think they would choose a so-so actor for a part in a potential blockbuster of a movie?"

Unfotunately yes, they could easily, just because there is such a push to get this movie made that I fear exactly that, not just the actor but script and even FX, the Hulk was decent in some ways but was a terrible dissapointment in many others, the X-MEN movies and Spider Man are much better but still seem to lack something. Contrary to most I really liked DareDevil, I think it helped that I thought it would blow chunks too.

Oh ya, they could easily screw it up, I just hope they don't. And they know we will go to see even if it does suck, which may mean a better sequal but thats not a chance I'd rather take. Its what happened with the Hulk, if the sequal does end up better.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can understand some of the disapointment in Hulk, but it was never my fav. comic anyway. It didn't bother me that it was so so because I didn't have high hopes. Now if they did a ThunderCats movie, or a Modern Master's Of the universe, then I would have high hopes.

I just look at it as, whomever Writes/produces/directs this movie is not going to be a no one, and the money behind it is going to be some Paramount of a film company, so they will probably make sure it makes them the most amount of money.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 46yrs • M
They actually are making a new Masters of the Universe movie, so happy birthday to you.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*Jumps for joy* Wooooo yeaaaaahhh!

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 46yrs • M
John Woo to Direct & Produce He-Man
Source: Variety October 4, 2004

Variety reports that Fox 2000 has set John Woo ("Paycheck" to direct and produce He-Man, a live-action film based on the characters in Mattel's "Masters of the Universe" line of action figures. Adam Rifkin will adapt the screenplay.

Originally made into an animated series in 1983, the property was also adapted into a live-action film in 1987 called Masters of the Universe, which starred Dolph Lundgren as the hero and Frank Langella as Skeletor.

He-Man began life as Prince Adam, the hybrid of an Earthling and an Eternian. At the age of 18, he was taken to Castle Grayskull, where Adam received super powers. He-Man has a sidekick in the form of a tiger, Battle Cat, and a deadly enemy, Skeletor.

Woo is also attached to direct The Rock in the video game adaptation "Spy-Hunter" for Universal Pictures.

46yrs • M
Marvel's Film Slate From 3rd Quarter Report
Source: Marvel Enterprises October 28, 2004

Marvel Enterprises has released its Third Quarter financial report and in it the company mentions the status of the various superhero projects it has in the works. Here are some highlights from the report.

Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2005
-Elektra, New Regency/ Fox - Filming completed, Jan. 14, 2005 release
-Fantastic Four, Fox - Filming started, July 1, 2005 release

Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2006
-X-Men 3, Fox - May 5, 2006 release
-Iron Man, New Line Cinema - Script, Slated for 2006
-Ghost Rider, Sony - Script, Director, Pre-production, Slated for 2006
-Luke Cage, Sony/Columbia - Script, Director, Slated for 2006
-The Punisher 2, Lions Gate - Writer, Director, Slated for 2006
-Deathlok, Paramount - Script, Director, Slated for 2006

Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2007
-Spider-Man 3, Sony/Columbia - Director, May 4, 2007 release
-Namor, Universal Pictures - Script, Slated for 2007
-The Hulk 2, Universal Pictures - Development, Slated for 2007
-Wolverine, Fox - Development, Slated for 2007

Marvel Character Feature Film Projects in Development
Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain America, Nick Fury, Silver Surfer, Thor

Marvel Character Animated Direct-to-Video Projects in Development
Partnership with Lions Gate to develop, produce and distribute original animated DVD features. Four projects in 2D/3D format are in development with the first release slated for 2006. Characters include: The Avengers 1, The Avengers 2, Iron Man and The Hulk.

Marvel Character Animated TV Projects in Development
Partnership with Antefilms Distribution to produce an original animated television series based on the Fantastic Four. 26, thirty-minute 2D/3D animated episodes are planned with initial TV airings in 2006.

Marvel Character Live Action TV Projects in Development
Blade and Brother Voodoo are two Marvel characters that are in development.

Email Story to a Friend | Discuss on the Boards

DC

Batman- 2005

Superman- 2006

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I just look at it as, whomever Writes/produces/directs this movie is not going to be a no one

If George Lucas does any of them prepare to be dissapointed.

46yrs • M
Crap, I just found some leaked footage of the new Fantastic Four movie but I'm ony able to hear it, RRrrrg. In case you want to check it out for yourself and see if it works for you.

http://joblo.com/

Yay, I got it to work, my realplayer was able to download the needed codec.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
Anyone here fans of Frank Miller's Sin City, and familiar with the movie they are making for it? Bruce Willis is in it.

46yrs • M
New Batman Begins trailer to be aired in theatres with the release of Oceans 12 on December 10, the teaser can be found online at the official Batman Begins website.

46yrs • M
Nicolas Cage is currently not confirmed to play Ghostrider, though he is still in the loop, he was "cast" about 3 years ago but with many changes in scripts and crews he's worried they may have gone a different way then one where he would be willing to participate

46yrs • M
And now he is again, so nevermind that.

46yrs • M
Here's a link to a new pic of the new Dr. Doom played by Julian Mcmahon of Nip Tuck and Charmed

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Fan
tastic_Four/The_Movie/Movie_Stills&image=drdoom.jpg&img=&tt=

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i found that pic yesterday myself... looks pretty cool... it still depends a lot on his mannerisms though, so we'll see!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
Have you seen the leaked footage?

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy