Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do guys lie???

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that analia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why do guys lie???
my problem is i always seem to run into guys that lie....(90% of the male half of the world) when i had my third child (a girl...somethin my ex was beggin for) he swore to me that he would never leave me again......but yet he did....3 days later after havin my daughter my boss caught him kissin one of my co-workers....still swearin to me to never leave.....10 days later he had sex wit her.....still swearin hed never leave....i find out about the kiss.....not knowin bout him havin sex wit her yet....but yet.....still swearin hed never leave.....then a month later (after everyone i work wit tells me they figure theyre havin sex) i catch them in the shower at my friends house.....oh thaz when he decides to tell the truth.....little prick! then a screwdriver an a hanger later...oh btw jess im leavin u for a fat ugly chick thaz not bipolar an doesn have any kids by me...or anyone else....haha....funny

"if u r afraid of death then u r afraid to live"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
seems to me like you are basing your knowledge of men off of one asshole that you decided to stay with (for whatever reason). oh wait... i think that was Decius' point...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
if i knew they lied i wouldn stay wit them....tha is stupidity.....an no i met lots of ppl in my life an some guys didn lie to me as a matter of fact most of my friends are guys cuz girls are too whiny for me....but at one point or another they lie....now i know girls lie too an its not fair to judge the whole male population like this but i dated a lot of guys...and most of them have cheated on me cuz i wouldn "give it up" and thats bullshit.....my ex did the same thing....i had just had my daughter....first of all ur not allowed to have sex an second of all it was the last thing i wanted.....y couldn the asshole keep it in his pants???? he left me after each time i had a child by him and to me thats not fair...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nope, it sure isnt. everyone lies. the end.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We lie? Gee, Haven't they heard 'Honesty is the best policy'?
Name someone who doesn't lie? We all (male/female) lie perhaps the first lie is to ourselves then we try to justify ourselves to others by putting forth falsehoods to decieve them into believing us?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 41yrs • F •
i don lie to ppl i love or care about....now if someone is actin like a creep or somethin thaz a whole other story....but as too ppl like my best friend...my ex....my co-workers an such...ppl tha i am close to then no i don lie

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We lie because we're horny bastards.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah . .h, Justification?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We lie because we are human. Some humans lie more than others. Women lie just as much as men do. Stop being stereotypical because of your life, and stop blaming stuff on men. Thank you.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya 2 cents, 100% of people lie, if you think you don't you are lying to yourself.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • F •
Decode Me is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It's not that men lie, it's that everyone lies at some point. You should always go with your instincts , don't be too nice and easy to forgive, though it's ok to forgive but that doesn't mean that person should continue to be in you life.

"Everything always comes full circle!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep!...I agree...All people lie, especially when they first meet people...If not in a literal sense, then in simply the way a person presents themselves...almost like acting...When I first meet someone (specifically women I am interested in), I don't expect to know or hear the truth about them immediately...and I certainly don't decide whether that person is worth my time simply because of what they tell me...I never want to feel I am trying to find my "soul mate" whenever I date...People should be enjoyed simply for the kind of comapny they may or may not provide...I say just enjoy your time with someone without trying to decide whether that person is going to be your next relationship (that's putting way to much significance on a single night out!)...It' terrible when people struggle through an entire date trying to decide whether they're going to try and kiss each other...That should be the last thing on their minds...I say make no decision and just have fun and try to bring out the most interesting aspects of a person in subtle ways, watch their reactions and listen to their thoughts, feelings and ideas....You can learn alot more about a person this way...no lies there...

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Girls can bullshit better, because they're capable of convincing themselves of their lies. At least, from my experience, which would mean I am aware I used to do that, now it just depresses me if I try to.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 36yrs • F •
stiflersgirl06 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey i totally understand where your coming from. now guys i'm not saying that all of you lie, but boys do lie. My ex boyfriend was cheating on me for a month. I found out, and confronted him infront of his friends. Lets just say he's no longer popular. But not all guys lie. My groups of friends are mostly male. Want to know why. Girls cause too much drama. I'm a girl, but i've hung out with guys all my life. They look after me all the time. It's like they're my older brothers basically. If i bring a guy "home" that means, i'm introducing him to my guy friends. So guys I'm proud of the ones who are like my brothers. And for those of you who do lie, better be careful, it'll bite you in the ass someday!

"two things in life you can control; your faith, and your smile"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'll just reiterate, ALL PEOPLE LIE, and again, if you think you don't, you are lying to yourself.

But if you are lucky, yes, you will find those that actually try and prefer not to. And hopefully don't lie about stuff that is important to you. Shit, I've been a bluntly honest person more often then not especially in the past (my ex basically made me care less about honesty), and what I've noticed is that people want you to lie to them. Which in certain ways isn't the end of the world, but when we start letting people in power do it, it may very well be.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
why do guys lie???
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy