Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do guys lie??? - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whoever said it is because we are horny bastards hit it right on the head as far as I'm concerned. Is it right? Hell no, but is it right for men to be created 100% more sexually driven than women? Hell no. Any guy that cheats on his women after she just bore a child for him should be shot in my opinion, but that doesn't change his twisted reasoning for cheating, he probably wasn't lying about that part at least.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pubestic Zest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My perspective on lying is a little different from what I have read in this thread so far. Take it how you wish, but this is my view on lying or "spewing bullshit".

I am a brutally honest person for 90% of the time that I am awake. I tell it like it is. I tell people up front, "yes, that skirt looks bad." and "no, I didn't think you did a good job." I don't believe in protecting someone's feelings by telling little white lies. They find out the truth anyway and it hurts much more having believed a lie instead of knowing from the get go. I'm not an asshole (for the most part), I try to be sensitive when I express my opinion. So why do I lie you ask? Here goes...

I am a compulsive liar or "Mr. Bullshit" in social situations. Specifically situations that involve meeting new people in clubs or bars. I lie right out of the gates. The first thing out of my mouth when I start a conversation with a stranger is usually a lie. I do this for two reasons. 1. I am at a club or bar to have fun, therefore I drink, I socialize and I lie. What does lying have to do with fun? I do it to create a fantasy world. I am a traveller or an artist or a student. The ultimate purpose of going out is to have fun. Some accomplish this through "scoring", getting intoxicated and/or meeting people. I like to escape my regular life into a world of fantasy and drag people I meet into these worlds with me. This way I can be someone else for a night. I do not think this is wrong as usually such an encounter is limited to the night in question and does not result in a relationship with the person(s) involved. 2. I do it to get around the all-time biggest fear of men. The fear of rejection. The theory is that if I get rejected, it was the "fake me" being rejected and not the real me. The real me is spared the feeling of selfconciousness and depression that comes with not being accepted for who I am. So the question is how do I make new friends if all people I meet never meet the real me? This is not true since I do not do this all the time. I will do this once or twice on a night out. The 50 or so people I interact with between each BS-marathon meet the real me. This is simply a once-in-a-while escape from the real world, kind of like going to an amusement park, or swimming with the dolphins, or plunging into an alien world at the local movie theatre.

Having expressed my reasons for lying I must say that I agree with my fellow posters. I wish honesty was truly universal and used by everyone. We do however live in an imperfect world and have to make the best of it.

"Life is a dress rehersal for a play that will never go on..."
 36yrs • M •
MikeMeezy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
O WTF IS CRACKIN! alrite, lieing. first wtf is a lie? it is a bunch of words that when said makes someone in a way not express as much emotion as they need to at that certain time. and we lie b/c we do not want to have the emotion we will get when lieign to another person. b/c we ALREADY know what emotion the other peronn will have if we lie to them, that is why we lie, b/c we dont like this emotion that they haev, b/c it counter reacts with an emotion in yourself that you do not like. and why do somethign you dont like? when you could just lie its that simple. but truth can never be withheld, so why drag out these emotions for a different time when its just gunna be a bigger and stronger emotion??? But see some peopel haev the talent where they can lie, and just not give a fuck, (at the time being) b/c withenthemselves, they really do give a fuck, and sooner or later all this lieing they are doing to themselves is going to come out, and there just gunan flip out, and i wish i could see soem shit liek that, b/c itd be tight! but why are we scared of our own emotions when we lie? b/c technicaly that emotion went through your brain while you where thinking about the lie. so you already saw the emotion why not deal with it? I acctualy have no fucking idea, mayeb one of you can help me out on that question? but think of it this way, could a lie acctuly cause more unnessacary emotion than needed just b/c we are lying? there is a way you could make yourself belive in that lie is TRUE, so that would cancel out the emotion, but still you would be lieing, or WOULD YOU? b/c is it even possible to lie to yourself? well it is possible to lie to your brain but is it possible to lie to YOURSELF? your mind and soul, can you lie to? b/c if you can lie to them, a lie is somethign that someone BELIVES, so if you coudl lie to your TRUE MIND AND SOUL, you would therefor change the existance of your midn and soul, b/c your mind and soul knows all within yourself, so to make yourself belivein a lie, you could therefor conqure the god damn world and do whatever the fuck you wanted! HELL YEAH! but first, you need to make your mind body and soul, to have an opinion, b/c without an opinion you have no reason to lie, you know what im saying? so therefor first you would have to belive in the opposite thing your lieing baout to belive in the lie, b.c you woudl ahev to convince yourself its true, and thereofr it would be true, b/c your mind and soul is more powerfull than anything even contomplated, b/c your mind does the contomplation =) so just fucking figure out how to lie to yourself and just make yourself fucking happy, and stop lieing =)

"think about the way you think, then think about the way ur thinking about your own thinking....."
 37yrs • F •
Laura11 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i know everyoe lies like others has said if u dont think u lie then ur lieing to yourself. i have lied to my bf before about small stuff, never about everything thats inportent. my bf is different. he has lied about lots of stuff like saying he didnt stay out till 6am with my best friend. he still never told me if anything happened, but my bestfriend isnt my friend no more because she said she kissed him so i hate her now. i dont knwo what to do, trust him or her?

19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one gender doesnt lie more than another. one person lies more than another

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
 36yrs • F •
mystic_chick is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i know exsactly wot u mean my guy used to lie to me all the time and i broke up with him coz of it we still talk but hes lernt not to lie and is becoming a better person mabey u sould talk to ur guy about it and just see were u r with him

""trust me""
why do guys lie??? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy