Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Beauty

User Thread
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Beauty
What is beauty?

To me it's the inside of one's self, their compassion, humor, loyalty that makes one beautiful.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
beauty is a matter of perspective. what is beautiful to one could be very ugly to another.

as far as what makes a person beautiful - selfless acts of kindness, being eternally forgiving, being able to share deep personal experiences - to me this is beauty.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with EM that beauty is on the inside yet Wyote has a point also. It is in the selfless acts and the giving in a person that makes them beautiful. I also think that beauty is not skin deep. What is beautiful to one may be ugly to another, I am the type that likes to get to know a person before I decide if they are beautiful or not. I try not to judge a person by what they look like. How about the rest of you?

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Beauty is when looking at someone makes you really appreciate a stunning and pleasant sight.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 42yrs • F •
I agree with all of the above.

In addition, I think beauty is something, anything, that is pure. To me, beauty is both light and darkness. Seeing 'lights' in someone's eyes is so beautiful. Pure pain can also be very beautiful.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
according to *plato*(paraphrase to lazy to get quote) those who are looking for beauty, are looking for something they lack. For example, someone with a celestial complextion is envied by all who lacks this trait, thus thinking him/her beautiful. though this is not limited to physical lacking, intellectual value is also quite potent. *read symposium, leads on to the connection ofne who one thinks another beautiful lacks the thing he/she possess, thus love is the lack of beautiful things for all want to have such things.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, when it comes to beauty I could also argue that one with "beauty" becomes their own standard for what they seek, maybe they seek someone even more beautiful, but then we run into ego clashes which is another subject entirely.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, mountains have beauty, but I don't think it has nything to do with me lacking something... although that may well be the case on other scenarios, like with houses, people etc. But dats not beauty. Sure, If I m ugly lookin, then I 'll probably view sumone whuz better lookin as 'pretty' or sumtin, if I don't give a damn bout poor ppl, an c sumone preforming a gud deed, i maybe view him as 'noble', but thats not 'beauty'.

I think beauty iz when you quietly realize the granduer of nature, just sitting alone and truly hearing the sounds and smeeling the smells. Or rather, when u get in touch with ur soul, or sumtin, with ur spiritual side. i personelly c beaty in vrything

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
sorry for the delay... what such things awaken your soul/spiritual side? Just a couple of your fav. would do, and explain how those beautiful things effect your soul. : )

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 46yrs • M
Nature is the biggest one for me, and social events where everyone is laughing, in a way that is obvious and inclusive, genuinely friendly.

I love nature walks, trees, animals, and creeks or rivers. Mountain air, mountain-top views.

Flying in planes is another one that when in the right conditions can blow you mind, like the thing I've mentioned before of giant storm clouds especially when its getting or is dark out, with canyons tens of thousands of feet deep with jagged bolts of lightning striking within the canyons creating a specatcle of light and an amazing sight.

Watching an infant who is just thrilled to be alive can be quite beautiful, heards of kittens and puppies attacking you is a rare joy too.

Though I still have a semi-justified fear of the ocean I love to see the different creatures, espescially giant ones. Big animals intrigue me. I like perspective in life.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
I think something becomes beautiful when it becomes simple, away from the constraints of life. Babies, puppies jumping over you.... these acts become beautiful because they are so simple.

36yrs • M •
ahh beautifully written...Though, currently where is your residence? If in a city, do you preceive the city's anatomy as ugly? Or if in a comfy quiet town in the middle of nowhere land, how do you precieve the terrain around you?(sorry if the last question seams repetitive)

35yrs • M •
Well, yeah I live in a city, but I don't percieve anything as 'ugly'. I mean, there are bound to be natural things like trees here and there, and even if it was all buildings etc, still I wud not view it as ugly. When I sometimes look at that chair in front of me, with no other thoughts about the hussle and bussle of life, it can also look beautiful

46yrs • M
For me I've lived in both, currently in a growing industrial city (kinda dirty and run-down), but I also see beauty in the ability and creations of man. Cities can be awe inspiring, people in mass makes for intriguing social constructs.

But indeed, my favorite is to live along the outskirts or in smaller areas with access to both nature and city

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Beauty is in nearly everything, seeing the beauty is something that we cannot all do. Beauty is love. So having love for something will make it seem beautiful. Personally I see beauty in everything from man made to natural creations.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
Beauty
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy