Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Beauty - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Where is this beauty coming from? Is it something empty within yourself? a lacking? For its obvious that no 2 people will think the same thing beautiful, but where does that feeling of beauty form? For my sake, what i lack is what i think beautiful and lovely. I love the vast lush green forest for i live in a crappy city, I love knowledge for i know i can never have it all... and i love music for the emotions that it presents to me that my mind seams not to create.... Deep down inside is it really what Plato said, a lacking?

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Where is this beauty coming from? Is it something empty within yourself? a lacking?"

That is one part or way of looking at it, a beauty of appreciative lacking, there is also a beauty of appreciative inclusion, not a lacking in yourself, but a realization of your fitting, seeing yourself as part of the never ending amazement that surrounds you, both visibly and otherwise.

Basically just the same point worded differently.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Re-Animated is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Seems many of you relate beauty to another human. Human beauty is just nature telling us something and beauty in humans can even be mathematecly calculated by a number. But ofcorse, girls a beautyful, but beauty is a much wider theme. Beauty to me is art. Like music - Like paintings - Like movies:
If you really havn't seen an art movie yet, you should go see my favorite, Eraserhead by David Lynch. This movie is disturbing, and it takes a lot of patience. I probably love this movie cuz I love horror movies, but this movie isn't scary, just disturbing and need alot of thinking. I have not solved it, last I checked nobody had. Just speculations.

"Albert Fish: "What I did must have been right or an angel would have stopped me, just as an angel stopped Abraham in the Bible [from sacrificing his son].""
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
these things are far more calculatable, since you want to refer to such terms.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that MizzXplicit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well im doing a philosophy essay right now on what is beauty n this aint easy stuff! in my own opinion Beauty is anything pleasing to a person's natural senses and can vary from person to person. done.

"how.empty.of.me.to.be.so.full.of.you"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
perhaps that is beautiful to you but maybe that's the very reason that you mope around..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
beauty cannot be termed by any word...cannot be spoken by any tongue, cannot be written by any hand...beauty cannot be artlike because it is archaic....it's destruction at its fullest beauty is the most ugly thing that you will ever behold..... beauty is a fat sweaty freddy krueger looking bald 72 year old man working a fast food restaurant at rush hour....telling you enjoy your meal and have a nice day....

until you can look at the ugliness and see purity...you will never understand beauty.....that's word to my death!

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
visual beauty with regard to humans is an evolutionarily inhereted disposition towards the symetrical. This is the physical manefestation of fertility and a strong immune system. These are obviously the two most important charactersitics when primitively choosing a mate and ensuring quaity offspring. This innitial visual disposition has become generalized to all of our perspectives on beauty, both cognative and physical. Symmetry, i believe, represents a harmony which is the strongest natural pull within the healthy organism. Wether that harmony is percieved within ourselves or within the world around us is irrelevant to our classification of it..

"dont got one"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder...nothing more, nothing less...

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
beauty is all that is tho...beheld or not!...you understand when you behold, you judge when you behold....you accept what IS when you behold.....beauty just IS....beholding lets you understand what is.......I like you tho...you're cool..

"Being is not knowing!"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes, true beauty as many of you have stated comes from the qualities within us. But it is a sad fact that most people only see what is on the outside. This is nature and although it is ignorant it is the way we have evolved over millions of years. The idealistic beauty is a measure of physical fitness and prowess, in a world governed by natural selelction it is of course the survival of the fittest, however what we see as being the fittest is also what we define as being beautiful. The physical appearance is what we see first in a person, then we learn the true inner beauty, our seemingly selfish behaviour is simply instinct that has evolved over millions of years.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see beauty in creation. That is the essence of human nature I think, to create and use our creations in a way that affects humanity. I see creation as the essence of human thought and action and I see beauty in that.

I see beauty in the cononections people have. Like walking down teh street and you see a stranger and wave to them and they automatically wave back without thinking, and both of you pass eachother like...why the fuck did I do that? But there was just this natural connection and friendliness that had to be expressed.

I see beauty in flaw. Because without flaws there would be nothing to compare quality too.

I see beautiful in intellectual thought. The human ability to ponder, to contemplate, to philosophize cannot be duplicated by any other species and it is the thought process that I find most beautiful and makes anything possible.

I see beauty in humanity. Just all the what ifs, the contemplations, the endless possibilities, suffering and the glory, existence in itself is beauty.

"Dare to Dream"
[  Edited by AquarianStar at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there's beauty in breakdown

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
Beauty - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy