Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

How the Catholic Church evolved. - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the below link takes biblical translation back to the original greek and hebrew text...

http://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Gematria.asp

again- copy and paste, but i'm not sure you would search the sight to find this...food for thought...

Nobody knows the "Bible's" original order. There are various arguments, but none are conclusive. The Bible Wheel is based upon the order of the 66 books of the traditional Christian Canon (the protocanon of the Catholics), which is the overhwelmingly dominant Biblical textform on planet earth. All Protestant Bibles, such as the KJV, NKJV, NASB, and NIV, follow this pattern, with a few, (e.g. RSV) including the Apocrypha in a separate section. In my decade of Biblical research, I have yet to find a single Christian Bible published since Gutenberg that contains a different order of the Old Testament books, and of all Bibles that I have examined I have found one and only one that differs in the order of the New Testament. Its relative obscurity shows it to be the exception that proves the rule. Email me if you want to know which one it is. (Please excuse my reticence - it's just my little joke on those who assert that the order of the Christian Canon can't be divinely inspired because there are "so many variations." Ha! Go try and find them! And remember when you do you will have merely proved the point that the Bible Wheel represents the absolutely dominant worldwide textform of the Biblical core.)

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks for the info...!!!!
I believe the texts are contained as they should be of the Old Testament, but you are correct in stating the Bible of all the newer faiths follow the chronology of the Catholic Bible.
It seems chronologically accurate.

BTW, OK said something about 7 veils...?

My thinking is this, IF it were meant to be a doctrine needed for faith, it would definitely be in there.
For God makes all things possible.
AND the truth is not hidden if it is a necessity for man.
Just another way God works.

So, if the seven veils existed, it would mean that it was not 'prominantly' necessary for man's salvation.

Here is an interesting thot, anyone notice how science keeps prooving the bible...and did anyone know this is meant to be b4 the second coming?

For the conversion of as many souls as possible b4 the judgement.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Think of the Second Coming as ascending to Truth
passing through the Seven Veils of Life?
Self-righteousnes vs Robes of Righteousness

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've heard some things that I haven't been able to verify yet, but if true you should care, because I'm refering to domestic terrorist training that points out that among dangerous people are those who make references to the Constitution and the Second Coming of Christ.

Basically anyone who feels they have rights or beliefs that are beyond our governments power.

I suggest anyone who still is, to stop hiding behind Bush's claim of saving us from ourselves or outside threats.

Funding was already tripled after Oklahoma City bombing, Bush is being sued for forcing FBI agents off of Al-Qaeda, Saudis, and Bin Ladens.

None of this did anything but help 9/11 happen, please wake up, before we are all taken away.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
You miss the point m'dear...
The preparation we must all face is within ourselves.

O, it will come, when we least expect it, as did the tsunami....

Throwing out theories will not help, but be steadfast and converted to God. ALL outside influences are moot point.

Whatever else happens, this much is certain, life will be quite different once it is done. With 1/3 of the world left....things will be very different.

I am starting to see a trend...all these natural catastrophies are slowly part of the harvest...
But no matter the situation, because wars will be seen, it is the individual who must 'change' himself in order to change the world.

Pray, Fasting, and yikes...religion, and the church to which will be the bride of Christ in Revelation.

Otherwise, do not be anxious. For Christ said to look up when the time is here.
Look up, contemplate heaven.

And be very concerned that faith will in fact pull you thru.

46yrs • M
Throwing out theories will not help, but be steadfast and converted to God. ALL outside influences are moot point.

The challenge god asked of you was not to allow lies and deciet and the harm of humanity, not to follow or allow those who call themselves defenders of good while bringing evil to the planet.

My theories are nothing of the sort, I have no conclusion other than our government lies to us, and we are guilty of all that is done in our name, God knows this, he warned you, you cannot call upon an inner faith to save you, your inner faith comes from knowing that you are true both in and out. Hiding and allowing this treachery shows no faith and will get you condemned by the words of your own god. Wake up.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
DID you know...faith, prayer, fasting can stop world disasters....and war..??

Let me try again....with scripture this time.

Matthew 24, 6
For you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. Take care that YOU DO NOT BE ALARMED FOR THESE THINGS MUST COME TO PASS, but the end is NOT yet.
FOR nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there wil be pestilence and famines and earthquakes in various places. BUT all these ARE THE BEGINNINGS OF SORROWS.
9"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation, and will put you to death; and you will be hated for my names sake. And then MANY WILL FALL AWAY, and will betray one another, and will HATE ONE ANOTHER. And many false prophets will arise, and will lead many astray. And because iniquity will abound, the charity of MANY will grow cold. BUT WHOEVER PERSEVERES TO THE END, HE SHALL BE SAVED. AND THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM WILL BE PREACHED IN THE WHOLE WORLD, FOR A WITNESS TO ALL NATIONS; AND THEN WILL COME THE END.

Matthew 24, 22
And unless those days had been shortened, no living creature would be saved. BUT for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

NOW, stop worrying about this war...start worrying about your heart..and your life with prayer.
PEACE!!!

46yrs • M
Stop worrying about this war, why, because you interpret every war as necessary for an armageddon that you can't even contain your joy of thinking about.

Lady, would you lay down in the street and let your family be slaughtered? You are so blinded by a rapture that comes with the thought of the torturous deaths of billions of innocent people, that you endorse the murder of innocents and the decemation of the environment. Last I heard, even the bible said that was a bad thing.

Your so worried about abortion yet you send the children of America out to slaughter the goatherders and repressed and frightened peoples and their children, while killing thousands of our own by using irresponsibly using chemical biological weapons in the form of depleted uranium and whatever else they don't tell us about.

I can see the smile on your face at the graves of our children, its sick. By endorsing any war you miss the whole point of your beloved religion, untill you grasp that, you are damned and damn those blind with your hypocrisy.

"start worrying about your heart..and your life with prayer."

The only reason I feel as strongly on this as I do is because I have a heart, and it is screaming at me to stop the acceptance of lies and killing.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the thread on atheist, I madea statement that I felt atheist didn't think of GOD. (They are without conscious awareness of God) Talking with an atheist, I asked him. He said [for him] this was true but by the same point he did admitt the world would be a far better place if people acted as Jesus did, willing to hold steadfast even unto death, love of others, honestly seeking their good.
I think this is more in line with patrish, Leftwood. Granted it takes are awaking to a living hell in order to shake us from our slumber, otherwise we might awaken & change our course before we founder upon the rocks, eh?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 68yrs • F •
cassandraxe is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi! I'm pretty sure the movie you saw was The Name of the Rose, a murder mystery starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater.

The Catholic Church evolved out of Messianic Judaism and Neoplatoism, with pagan iconography and holidays tossed in for good measure. Once Constantine gave the go-ahead with the Milan Edict, the Arians and Athanasians began murdering and torturing each other over the the orthodoxy of the Nicene Creed.

It's been going on ever since. If they weren't harassing each other, they were killing and or bullying anyone who disagreed with them (e.g. indigenous folk worldwide, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, Hindus) early scientists such a Tycho, Corpernicus, Da Vinci, Galileo, Darwin--the list goes on and on.

I totally believe in America's first Amendment. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie Dogma--

Rufus: He[God] still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the sh*t that gets carried out in His name - wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.
Bethany: Having beliefs isn't good?
Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant.

The history of religion in Western culture in written in the blood of people who were just trying to mind their own business and follow their personal spiritual path, IMHO. If you don't think it doesn't happen anymore, look at Zionism, Islamic jihad, Waco Texas...all the inevitable fruits of extreme orthodoxy/theocracy.

When the infrastructructure of the Roman Empire collapsed, the Roman Church rushed into the vacuum. They kept Europe 'in the dark' for over 500 years. They sold enough slivers of the True Cross to stock several lumberyards. Pick up a history book. Take the blinders off your brain.

FRITH!

"I think its better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can\\\\\\\'t gene"
How the Catholic Church evolved. - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy