Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Religion has history

User Thread
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religion has history
http://www.biblemysteries.com/library/saddam.htm

So, this is where Saddam got his odd ideas?

AND now that we can look back to this man's research, we might need tp check out the history of where and how Nebuchadnezzar kept his army tools. How he defeated so many nations. (See Kings, and psalms and Exodus....)
And how he was a great and evil conqueror in his times.

http://www.nisbett.com/people/bp-nebuchadnezzar.htm

Ok, now if we were to study this king of the past, perhaps more clues would be shed as to how and where Saddam may be storing his weapons.

Now I watched this documentary on a video, and if the archeologist is correct, or perhaps I am erred, but if this is the same king, whom took the Ark of the Covenant, then he buried his goods, OUTSIDE his city under a TEMPLE.

Things that make you go, hmmm.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As you seem to be a history buff, perhaps you can give the early history of the Roman Catholic Church?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sure our government has already thought of this and checked out all his temples/palaces. As I recall pictures of soldiers inside his palaces. We have a great deal of modern equipment that can snoop this stuff out and with free reign around the country side, I'm sure we have. Finding WMD is very important in legalizing the war effort.

There were WMD, no doubt about that. I think, like the British have declared, they were destroyed before the war ever began in hopes of preventing a war by high ranking officials who only pretended to be loyal, knowing that Saddam was on his way out.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
World History
Perspectives of the Past
Chapter 7 Section 3

Christianity spreads through the Empire

By the time of Augustus, Rome's traditional gods – Jupiter, Juno, Mars, etc. -- had no strong emotional or intellectual appeal to most Romans. Nether the less, these gods were still important as symbols of loyalty to the Roman State.

Rome struggled with Judaism & Christianity

As monotheistic religions, both Christianity & Judaism posed a problem for the Roman Empire. Good Roman citizens were expected to worship the emperor as a god. Neither the Jew nor the Christian was willing to do so.

War against the Jews

The Romans went far in order to keep peace with the Jews. The Roman government promised Jews freedom of worship and excused them from worshiping the emperor.

Persecution of Christians

When Christians refused to worship the emperor as god, Rome struck at them as rebels. With Marcus Aurelius's approval, many Christians were brought before Roman magistrates for trial.
Those who gave up their religion & accepted the Roman gods were set free without punishment.
Those who held to their faith were tortured & executed in the arena.

Although Jewish religion was acceptable to Roman government & were not compelled to worship the emperor as god.
I would have to point out that the Jews had already done so when they asked to have a king (god incarnate) like the other nations.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
quote:
There were WMD, no doubt about that. I think, like the British have declared, they were destroyed before the war ever began in hopes of preventing a war

Ya right, like they can tell if you ever took drugs by chemical analysis? They can even tell what kind & how long ago. So they say?
Anyway the bad thing about radioactive material is (besides being pure poison) that it is radioactive which means what ever it comes into contact with becomes radioactive.
quote:
By the way, fogged photographic plates were the clue to finding out it was radioactive substance.
Kind of sticks out like a sore thumb to all kinds of detection devices.

Historical Aspect
quote:
If Jesus is God then does not that discredit His Witness of God?
The Jewish Law required 2or 3 witnesses so Christians having grievance with another Christian is to take 2 others with him/her to the offending party to resolve their issues.
Then if God having given such as Law, he abides in His Own Law. Jesus witnessed of himself ; the Holy Spirit witness of Him & GOD (the father, Abba) witness of Him.
Therefore if Jesus is God & the Holy Spirit is God & the Creator is GOD then the 3 are 1 thus there was only 1, who witnessed. Which invalidates the Law?
Jesus came to fulfill the Law, not invalidate it.
If Jesus is God then He served Himself (GOD). Which is the Witness of His Life? To be self-serving or to serve GOD?
I was telling some missionaries about what I had wrote, they were surprised to hear that their church wazn't the only one to teach that Truth.
It is not about religious doctrine but about heart (spirit). You can't change the world to suit your belief, you can only change yourself & seek to hold fast to what you find worthy to be called the Truth.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus is witness to Himself...and good show of knowledge, CT.

Also Timothy 2;13 shows where Jesus cannot deny His maker, because he cannot deny Himself.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 38yrs • F •
Thenickgirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hy I am new in this forum

56yrs • F •
Hello.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Ya right, like they can tell if you ever took drugs by chemical analysis? They can even tell what kind & how long ago. So they say?
Anyway the bad thing about radioactive material is (besides being pure poison) that it is radioactive which means what ever it comes into contact with becomes radioactive.

There was never any proof that Saddam had radioactive weapons. (It was only suspected he could) Ya right It was chemical and biological stuff that was the big scare. Now that stuff is scary. Used to give me nightmares. But just how Saddam was going to attact the U.S. with it was a little fuzzy.

But they have radiation poison over there now.

I told Mr. Bush not to do it, he didn't listen to me.

72yrs • M •
quote:
I told Mr. Bush not to do it, he didn't listen to me.
Ya so did I but those closest to him, told him what he wanted to hear.
quote:
2 Timothy 2:13 or 1Timothy 2:13?

56yrs • F •
2 Timothy 2:13

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought God destroyed Saddam and Gomorrah? As for the WMDs: Ari Fleischer "Disclosing our information and photos of the WMDs at this time would be inappropriate. That information will be revealed at the appropriate time."
And to quote that old song, "Domani never comes".

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 64yrs • M •
God destroyed Sodom not Saddam. Good one though. So you still believe that there are WMD. Might be some, but I don't believe that the threat was great enough to warrant war.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Certainly when N. Korea was making no secret of their WMD ambitions and our unstable despotic ally Pakistan has nukes.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
And India too. It is only fear of the Muslim that anyone would support a war in Iraq, not realizing that such a war only creates more to be afraid of. This train needs to come to a stop.

Religion has history
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy