Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do you smoke?

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you smoke?
Do you smoke cigarettes?

And if so why, by meaning why I want a detailed explanation why.

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont, one of my best friends does tho. he started hanging out with people that smoked, so he smoked. the people he hangs out with - their parents all smoke - but his dont. guess this doesnt help any, since its not first hand or anything, but i can see the connection.

altho, i hang around the same people quite frequently... so who knows *shrugs*

oh, he has told me that he doesnt like the idea of getting old, he wants to die very young. im not sure why, but i guess on some level of his thinking, he is saying that its ok to smoke becuase he is gonna die young anyway, so he might as well try everything he can. so, he tried smoking, and obviously hasnt been able to quit...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I do.

I am TOTALLY trying to cut it down to nothing though... and (patting myself on the back, I am doing a DAMN good job!)

I started in the summer of seventh grade. A boyfriend named Russell, and my best friend Ken were at our school lake, when I took my first *drag*. The song...Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, What do you do.... was popular at the time, and I sat there as they sang it to me, and I proceeded to flip them off. I then decided, shit, just give me that smoke. As I was sitting there.... puffing away, Ken says to me... "Hahahaha, your not inhaleing!!" He taught me to say "Ugh, Moms coming." (a way to suck in some smoke, lol)
It worked, and I have smoked ever since.

I never wanted to stop.... but I did stop completely when I joined the military, and when I was pregnant with my first son.

To the question why. Why do I smoke? I could honestly say I enjoy smoking. I don't smoke in the house.... so it kinda gives me a reason to kick back in my back yard, put my feet up, and relax. I don't smoke during the day....I smoke at night mostly. Sometimes I smoke only 1 or two a day. Sometimes a half a pack. I REALLY smoke if I drink. Most places out here you cannot smoke inside of, but I do go to a bar (or did ) where you can smoke inside. I could smoke maybe 15 cigarettes in one night at a bar.

Though I smoke.....I am not a SMOKER SMOKER like many I know. I must concider myself addicted, or I would be able to stop in a second, and the thought of completely stopping makes me want to have one right this second! (and this is the morning.... I don't smoke during the day usually, lol)

Hmmmmm I don't think I really answered your question. I guess I smoke cause I know its bad for me.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just started to smoke a few cigarettes recently...bought my first pack for myself...got friends who smoke constantly...

Really, I don't intend on smoking long term. My parents smoke, and I did not like the effects....Addiction, going through like 2 packs a day...If you total all that up, in a year thats like an extra 1000 to play around with... I am only really starting b/c it helps me deal with stress, and boy do I have ALOT Fricken, got a deep tissue massage from my friend who is almost a liscened massage therapist...Had built up enough stress the next day to never have felt getting the damned massage....but, thats life...

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 54yrs • F •
WTH are you starting smoking for? Stress?? You know the deep breathing technique!!!

Stop that smoking shit NOW I say!!

Believe me.... you say that you won't be doing it for long..... your wrong, you will.

Stop before it's too late my friend.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah...I realized a little bit yesterday after my long ass workshift that what I was doing was really really stupid.
I've got to stop being so bored...oh...to be in Kansas...*sigh*

ah well...time to pay the bills....

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've been smoke free for a little over a year now. They say you can't quit smoking for another person. I say they are wrong. I quit smoking for my wife so that I could make better love to her. They say if you are a man and you turn 30 and you smoke, you begin to loose it. I say they are right, so I quit.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whatever the reason is...........your health will benefit.

54yrs • F •
Now thats what I call a wonderfull hubby OK!!!

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, when I was in grade school, a friend & I climbed on to the roof of the school cafeteria. He pulled out a cigarette & we smoked it.
Started snitching the old lady's smokes, Phillip Morris unfiltered. We got caught smoking it in the garage so she brought us in the house & sit us down for a little lesson.
thought she make us smoke a whole cigarette & get us sick or something. Being a wise ass I inhaled it then exhaled it throuugh my nose. the next drag, I started blowing smoke rings. She got the picture, crushing out the cigarette, she ripped it open & stuck the tobacco in my mouth. Told me to chew.
Ya, I turned green. For years I couldn't be in an enclosed space with someone smoking.
My father smoked untill one night while he was working on a plan. He lit up a cigarette then as he went to put it down he realized that he had about 6 already smoldering in the ash tray.
Made him realize just what a nervous habit it had become & he quit.
Native Americans use tobacco in the Sacred Pipe & in Prayer Ties. The smoke is representative of your words being made visible as they ascend to be recieved by Wakan Tanka (GOD).

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Roninheart19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I started smoking when i was 12. There were many factors that influenced my decision (family problems and peers mainly). I quit when i was 15 because i couldn't afford it any longer, however I have recently started up again for similar reasons. I understand that some feel it's a "slow suicide" and to those who feel this way, I say some choose to live and others choose to die. I dont have the will or guts to straight up kill myself, so i decided that this would have to do.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I curse the day I started. I've gone to several stop smoking classes. I quit for about 6 months each time, but for some stupid reason (and they were stupid reasons) I'd give in and buy a pack.

I've been smoking for nearly 30 years, and strangely I can't say why.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't smoke. just never got around to it, i guess. didn't have friends who tried to pressure me into it in jr. high or anything. that's how most people i know started--peer pressure in jr. high or the early years of high school. thats usually when kids are kind of stupid and think that they have to do what their friends say is cool in order to be liked or something. i dont really blame people who started for this reason. however, a couple of my friends who never smoked in high school went off to college and started up there. i don't really understand this. i guess, like the one guy said, stress, maybe. but i don't really think that's it--i think it's probably just a sad, overgrown form of peer pressure. when you're in college and you start partying and then you go out to perkins afterward and sit in the smoking section with all your friends and find you're the only one who's not smoking, maybe you feel kind of silly or something. i still think it's a dumb reason to start, and if they become addicted and die of cancer or something, it's all on them. i do kind of feel sorry for the kids who get suckered into it when they're younger, though.

"You are reading this."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that anchises868 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Whatever the reason is...........your health will benefit.

LOL. Trust me. My driving will kill me long before these cigarettes do.

"“My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.” –Benjamin Disraeli"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love/hate smoking.

Currently I am not smoking full time. BUT I will light up if around smokers...and if drinking.

There is a satisfaction with smoking...and a dissatisfaction.
Does that make sense?

Wished I never started....and I heard, smoking is like herione...its THAT addictive.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
Do you smoke?
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy