Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

philosophy of friendship

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
creeper is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
philosophy of friendship
Hey every one i'm new. Just wondering what do you think about friendship is it really important. I think it's useless because friends will either leave you or stab you in the back.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hello Creeper-

Friends.... if it only as easy as the show....
Friends can be hard to manage- it's a give and take thing for sure. Going to college and then University I met a load of friends and I really likesd all of them- it depresses the hell out of me when i realize all that all out paths had to diverge- I miss them a great deal- but It was better to have at least forged that bond if only temporary a then not at all.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think friendship is important in that you (or maybe it's just me) need someone to help occupy your time, share your thoughts with, and just to keep you from feeling lonely. It is hard to find a trustworthy, lifelong friend.

I was best friends with one kid for about five years when he started to drift away. He got more popular and became best friends with someone I introduced to him. Now we barely see each other. After that I was kind of bitter about friendship and now I just feel you have to do whatever is necessary to climb the social ladder. Nobody has ever treated me otherwise.

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have to say that friendships and aquantaceships are very important to everyone. They help to forge who you are and you learn alot. To me a friend is someone that you would go hang with and each would be there for the other no matter what all the time and is also there for life. While aquantaces are there for a short time in your life, they may be there for you no matter what but they drift away.

Here's something for you to think about. How many actual friends do you have? How many of your friends are actually aquantaces?

Forgive the spelling please.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" I think it's useless because friends will either leave you or stab you in the back."
Even if that's true (which its not) friends are still fun to be around and can help you with things (before they leave).

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The idea of sharing thoughts and conversating is important as well- That indeed is someting missing in myy life I am to damned lazy to spend time with others - It is important to do so....
My job entails speaking to people all day but it is so strange to talk to these people and to never create any sort of bond whatsoever.
There is a good question as well- where does one draw the line on friend and aquiantence?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think Em's got it down pretty well. a friend will always be there, you know through and through that no matter what, they are gonna be willing to be right by your side in a time of need. i am very fortunate and confidant in saying that i have three such friends. but it is very unfortunate that i have had countless other acquaintances over the years. most adults are lucky if they even have one friend... and many people never actually experience true friendship in my opinion.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True Friends...Honestly that is something I have never had, until I met one person on UGN that doesn't come here anymore. They usually want something you have. I like acquaintances much better. Acquaintances are the ones you know and say " hey" to on the street, in the store or whereever you might be but you wont find them at your house.

When you become friends, it sets to many people up to get hurt. But on the up side to that, the one true friend I have would do anything for me, no matter what the consequences.

Lynnie

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that friends are VERY important. Back in Az. I have a BILLION friends. (well, not that much, but you know what im sayn) When I moved here to Cali, I went 8 months. Not one friend. It depressed the SHIT out of me. I have now been here for over 4 years and I REALLY only have one TRUE friend. I had two but my BEST BEST friend was obsessed with me for the last three years and when I left my X for my LOVER....he turned to drugs, so now i'm down to one.

MANY people concider me a friend, but to me they are just people who I occasionally hang with. I'm sure how you heard my whole speel on me not liking chicks.

You see... I actually DO have friends. Just one girl-friend. I have many guys who I do concider my friends. To me... guys are so much easier to talk to. I love men.

In conclusion I think that it is important you have someone to talk to, who can offer their opinion if needed without any judgement. It's important to have someone who has either been there, done that, or is going through the present life problems that you are facing at this time. Someone who you can always count on to LISTEN. Thats it. The key. Someone who can Listen.

A quote from Martin Luther King Jr.
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

I soooooo believe this.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok, I was pretty harsh in my post.

We all need friendship and friends to hang out with and share our thoughts. They are absolutely essential/

But in my current environment, I cannot find a long lasting and consistent friend. Maybe it's just me.

54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel ya Danipog. I go through phrases NEEDING a friend actually, then sometimes just downright saying...."Friends suck, who needs them anyways." And no its not just you.

Hoping you find a BAD ass friend for life.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Friends/aquaintances are a necessity in life. They offer love, understanding, comfort and excitement.

It's not just our friends who change. Everyone changes. People develop new interests and hang with people like them. Old feelings die. It's a harsh part of life. The best you can do is accept your friends' decisions, even though it's painful to watch them drift away from you. However, it is beyind disrespectful to throw your old friendships away like they never meant anything to you. These kind of people annoy me. If they don't want to be around me anymore, that's fine, but to disregard everything that ever happened is just stupid.

True friends are rare gems. The true friends I've had either moved away or I've moved away from them. The test of true frienship is time and distance. Both have proven who my true friends are. When I moved away or moved to another class, a true friend was one who kept in touch with me, whereas the aquaintances did not.

A good question is, do we form friendships expecting something back? If that is true, then people who were once friends but later drifted away did so because they weren't getting what they wanted out of the friendship. So now it's a matter of expectations.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
....Well it all boils down to what sort of person you are, how strong you are mentally and about how independent you are. If you can manage life without others around you, then thats great, infact its something to be pround of, a uniqueness and something to be praised. You are stong, not a 'weirdo', not a 'loner'.
I have two people who I would consider friends, and out of a bad bunch of aquaintences I found that these were the two I could talk to best, the two that understood me and accepted me for my good traits. Actually I wouldnt have it any other way, because the more people you consider friends, the more of a chance they'll find someone they consider more interesting and less of a hassle to deal with. However, because of the way I think, because of how I dress and the fact that I actually question alot of things, most people in this fucking rediculous society we live in would rather they didnt know me. This depresses me somewhat. But hey, thats life isnt it?

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What about freindship with the opposite sex? Can it be just friendship? Cuz right now I m really gud friends with this girl, and I ve started developng feelings fer her. I think that happens because we r not used to having feelings other then that of attraction etc with the opposite sex, so when we do become friends with them, we can't classify the emotion and perhaps confuse it with feelings of attraction?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 33yrs • F •
openthedoors is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hmm, friends.. what a very iffy subject, to me friends will leave you, nobody can keep a secret,their human, humans are selfish. the only person you have is yourself, you can only rely on yourself. you know yourself better then anyone else, nobody knows how you feel what you think all the time , they dont know what you do, people will leave you and when the world walks out on you and someone walks in, then you know then that they are a true friend.

"life is full of unanswered questions when the whole time the answeres lie inside of you"
philosophy of friendship
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy