Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome - l2 () l3
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

philosophy of friendship - Page 3

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
Bucky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[I will try not to write an essay but at least on one occasion I will answer this in under 10 words.]

Family is morally obligated to support you. Those that don't may as well be thrown away. They say you can't choose your family. That's wrong. The only thing you cant choose is which two people engaged in the process of making you. I choose the word making opposed to creating intentionally. As some things are left to subjection.
Anyway... My point....

Friends are replacement family. A friend will be your brother (or sister as the case may be) ... You can have a brother who you would kill for. You can have a friend you would kill for.
By moral obligation you would still choose your brother over your friend.

Friends are Family. The not so close friends are cousins you don't talk too... The closer friends are cousins, closest friends brothers [or sisters] ... They are the ones who are NOT morally obligated to love you and support you. Therefore their love and support will have double the effect and the need for them grows.

A life alone is a life wasted, unshared and half lived. Friends are important. They may change over the years, but it is said at the end of a mans life, he can only claim to have had 5 real friends.
Those top 5 people within his life that gave it meaning, support and many other things. Those very important 5 people.
How often do you think a family member is one of those 5 people?
Far less I would guess, than people would want to believe.

End result.

Friends are second to one thing. - Family.
You are not even third on that ladder list. You will only put yourself above your friends in a time when your family is in the balance.

- You may not know it now. But whether it's a girlfriend who becomes your wife [boyfriend who becomes husband.] or a person you have not met. You will one day have a friend that means more to you than life.

Wife is just the term used when defining "girl-FRIEND forever" So for that reason, your wife would be your best friend... Yes?

My Perception and byway Personal Opinion.
Belief holds true even when the facts say otherwise.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
philosophy of friendship - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy