Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

TYPER'S CORNER

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
TYPER'S CORNER
I love the concept of Speakers corner- so lets have a text version of it! So sound (or type)off on any topic!

I will start off

Yesterday I turned on the TV to see some hockey highlights and I stumbled on to this interview with a budist monk- I love what he had to say- I wish I had seen the whole thing but at the end he was talking about happines and how we create it or destroy it for ourselves Our expectations are often based on preceived normalities and unrealistic ideals. That made me think about how I felt about life in general and that if I counted my 'blessings' I was really well off and things were good- I am going to keep this in mind as much as possible.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm having trouble with my boss at work. I have to do the same. I have a nice job that doesn't pay too bad, regular hours, and I can read magazines at work - how cool is that. Our company has a seven year contract, so my job is guaranteed for at least seven years, we have good benifits. So yep, that's what I'm finding myself doing. Looking at all the good things. I'm not going to get fired and it would be stupid to quit. So I'm doing that "Don't Worry, Be Happy" as best as I can. In the end,, I'll be better for it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 52yrs • M •
Allright I got another thing I am irritated by and that is that crusty Jackwipe known as Christopher Tolkien! What the hell gives with holding up the rights to the Hobbit as a movie? Was the Lord of the rings not done well enough? Maybe this story is to be all his- I think this guy got a complex because he was such a shitty writer himself. Anyway What a terribly selfish act wow! I hope this guy grows up one day or falls into an outhouse so he can get intouch with himself...

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey I R Me, easy on. I guess Tolkein has his unjust reasons?
Anyway I love the fact that you watch a show on Buddism, my dad is a Budhist and Im actually concidering becoming one because Ive read a few books on such subjects and its all so happy and wimsical. Plus I love the Dala Lamas saying and quotes hes o so right about things.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok so im really really addicted to mountain dew. im not talking like "oh i need a mountain dew every day to get me through the day" no no its far worse... more like "if i dont get my mountain dew right fucking now people are gonna start dyin" yea... its scary... *takes a drink* .... oh and for some reason i woke up really early today, even tho i have nothing to do

--Edit--
so i took a stroll to the gas station just now and started thinking about those "great moments" that occur every so often in ones life. the kind where you think about something relatively simple and it ends up blowing your mind. then you end up feeling like you know so much more about the world than you did before... even tho almost nothing externally has happend. the kind where when its done you sit back and say to yourself "now i get it!" (in reference to life in general) .... but then it happens later on in life and you go "wow... now i REALLY get it" ..... and it keeps happening.... so when do we really truly "get it" ? just before we die maybe?

PS - i bought corn nuts and mountain dew

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 52yrs • M •
Wyote you are to funny- I have a similar Pepsi addiction as well- I love Vannilla pepsi! And i love what you said about those sudden epiphanies as well- I know they can be somewhat startling- I guess you always grow and learn and if you should ever feel like you've totaly gotten it thats when your the furthest from...

40yrs • M •
lmao good point man, good point.... *scared of "getting it" now*

52yrs • M •
King Size Beef

I was listening to the radio this morning and TOHO STUDIOS has announced that Godzilla is retiring! Man I can't beleive it I love Godzilla films! they are awesome! (except that shiity one with the computer animation - but that does not count in my books- what a damned farce) It just is not right- Godzilla is from another time - That style of movie is just not appreciated these days- it is a damned shame.....

40yrs • M •
did i mention i love A Starry Night? my parents have a copy of it on their bedroom wall...and whats the name of that painting in The Thomas Crown Affair? i love that one too... actually i pretty much love all art now that i think about it

--Edit--
that reminds me, anyone hear of/seen Piss Christ? i should make that my icon....

40yrs • M •
so i had this dream last night about my friend, i saw her sn on a computer (wasnt mine) so then i went and got on my computer to talk to her, well somebody else IMed me and said "she wants to talk to you" and BAM i woke up.... about three minutes later the phone rang and it was her!
--true story

52yrs • M •
Gripe of the day!

Well here is my gripe of the day- and it is all about the NHL (National Hockey League) growing up I loved watching Hockey I still do but what irritates me is the greed of the whole thing. The players make obscene amounts of money and ticket prices are rediculous some freinds and I got some tickets to a recent game and went the seats where 59$ regularly but there is no way in hell I would pay that- but really I don't care about that as I prefer to watch from by couch anyway. But what gets me is that the NHL has blackouts set up so that some games on tv you just can't see. why so you will buy the NHL package and that is a bold faced money grab! shit that pisses me off!

64yrs • M •
I took the day off - slept until 2:30 Pm. The trees my wife ordered arrived. It was raining, and I panted them trees in the rain. It was cool.

A friend at work had died of cancer. Before she died I promised I would dedicate one of my trees to her. I dedicated the Dawn Redwood Tree. The oldest tree known to man. They say it had been around since the dino days.

64yrs • M •
Men drink coffee. Boys drink Pepsi and Mountain Dew

40yrs • M •
so i drink mountain dew and coffee.... does that make me a Moy? or a Ban perhaps?

who likes custard? *raises hand* mmmm custard
have i mentioned how cool everyone at UGN is? well if not than i just did

i hate the IQ test, i watched this thing on Fox last night "Test The Nation" so its gotta be legit right? anyway im not mad cuz i get low scores or anything, im always "above average" (whod have thought, right? ) but IQ seems to test a very limited amount of the human brain. anyone who reads, observes and works through things on a regular basis can score well.... that doesnt make a person truly intelligent in my opinion.

52yrs • M •
Hey here is a thought about pop and bottled beverages-

Now think about the city you live in or near and try to imagine just how many Gallons or litres are stored in bottles or containers- I am talking Pop, Milk, juice, frozen stuff, soup cans, ice, bottled water and pastries. Now just think of every city/ town and village in the industrialized world that is a lot of liquid! Now add in the amount off water suspended in each human we are what 90 some odd percent water? 6 billion people that is a lot of water and finally add in water for all the swimming pools irrigation projects as well as all the water stored in large domesticated animals. now this is going to be a staggering amount of water that is unaturally storred-

Now my thought is- this water is it enough to have effected rising ocean levels? As in to make the problem seem less than it might be?

So maybe to stem rising ocean levels we need more bottled water? or is this amount insignifigant compared to ocean capacities?

TYPER'S CORNER
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy