Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

TYPER'S CORNER - Page 7

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
O.K. earlier in this thread I was reading about how some were a bit enthused by "buddism"....which is cool...

I have a bit of an issue myself....

Being Christian..........one thing I'm hoping for as far as the "christian comummity" is concerned is.....we need a few more tough guys....we have plenty of very knowlegdable and wise peolple (and I'm talking about Godly wisdom and knowledge.....not worldly.....and there is a difference) and every piece of the puzzle helps....(or should I say BODY)

A few more guys like LL Cool.....Van Morrison....Kick some some EVIL but! No messing around just very direct and very gentle ....all at the same time....

Don't chop my head off....It's just a thing I'm hoping for.....

....and for those who are seeking...keep this in mind....

faith is being sure of what you hope for ...and certain of what you can not see.......

"life is good! But sometimes the world gets in the way"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus was pretty tough wasn't he? He never beat anybody up though, Did He? As a matter of fact. He said when somebody hits you, he instructed that you turn the other cheek so that they can hit the other side. He said if they try to steal your shoes, give em your coat too.

What kind of christian would a tough christian be?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had a Mountain Dew the other day..... Could not help but to think of Wyote's obsesion with the beverage in question. I to am still hooked on Pepsi- I had jumped ship for a while .... making a dramitic shift in my life to Vanilla Pepsi... but thts done with now- onlythe hard stuff from here on in...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was in the hospital the past few days and couldnt get a hold of any Dew and it was driving me crazy. if it werent for the drugs they had me on i dont think i would have survived. but alas i have my trusty drink at my side once again *pets can* mmmm..... what? dont look at me that way...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mountain Dew - Coffee is better. Especially the shade grown coffee that protects the song birds, unfortunately, that coffee is expensive. Not too expensive though, except that it's hard to find. The shipping is as much as the coffee. I'll buy it on special occasions or as gifts to those I know drink coffee.

Hope you're better. Hospitals are for sick people, one must always try to avoid them.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remeber had to be hospitalized when I was little and they kept on giving me all these pills and liquid stuff each night, and they'd be all lined up in a tray one right after the other. At first I hated the taste but then I got used to it. Now when I see pills (legal ones) like vitamins and things like that, I feel this urge/need to take them--not that I'm an addict or anything.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
well im goin back to the hospital for a follow up. im loading myself up on Dew beforehand in case i have to be readmitted anyway if i dont make any posts for a few days thats why.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hope all goes well. Best wishes Wyote!

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ewww.....mountain dew is gross....it makes my stomach hurt....just my opinion......but,good luck with whatever it is that you have to got o the hospitol for

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
good news - no more hospitals for at least a while

bad news - my heads supposed to be foggy for another week or two

its interesting to me, there are people who absolutely love mountain dew and there are people who absolutely love dr pepper, but you dont hear that type of "allegiance" to other drinks very often.

52yrs • M •
Gripe of the day-
i JUST HAD 4 DAYS OFF IN A ROW AND i'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK BUT MY next holidays are coming up soon.

Damn I hate the caps lok button- I swear one day I am going to bust it off.

Well Hey Wyote I was wondering if all is still well for you - I know hospitals suck - hope the head is clear now....

40yrs • M •
things are a bit fuzzy, but i think thats just life
no but seriously, im doin great. thanks for asking

random thoughts -
Fable is a good game.
my teeth are invincible > no cavities

52yrs • M •
Wow no cavities?
My bro is like that too he's got about 15 years on you and no cavities as well. He brushes at least twice a day religiously- he hates anything on his teeeth it grosses him out. Wish I were the same way.......
All that Mountain dew must have some medicinal qualities as well

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ssenfieri is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Heh, a thing on soda:
I love the way people are always saying "what's the point of getting everything supersized and then ordering a diet coke? there's just no point," when really that diet coke actaully makes a huge difference on empty calories. Just a thought.

"Silly, far too silly."
 52yrs • M •
I've noticed now that posts include the year in them- which seems to be relativly new here- as I remember looking at some posts bewildered as to what year they belong to.

Well any way I think that is cool it really makes my day to seee that..... does anyone else care?

TYPER'S CORNER - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy