Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Evolution of God

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evolution of God
I am terribly sorry if i offend anyone, i will try to be as unbiased as i can.

The first "human God" existed right when humans became curious of their natural surroundings. In short they used gods to descriped what was going on around them. Example; a lighting bold striks the ground, the gods must be upset up there. These people are exactly like the people of today. They are curious of what goes on around them. These gods slowly were incorporated into the Greek, and Eqyptian cultures.

As man advanced so did their Gods. The greeks gave birth to the Republic. With in this new type of the ruling of masses, there were many senators and one emperor. So it was only natural that this system of government would be the basest of their Religion and their gods. The Greeks gave birth to the Titians: Gaia, Kronos, and Atlas. These gods made a new specturm of gods called the olympians: Zeus the emperor of the gods, Hades, Apollo, and Ares. What did the gods and the culture of the greeks have in common? Well the greeks were ruled by a group of men which in turn were ruled by one man, man was ruled by a group of gods which in turn were ruled by one god. The Greeks were conqured and the Romans appeared with the same gods just different names.

The Romans are known for the the belief system of one God, or religion. Around this time Rome was ruled by a central emperor, which in turn made conditions right for a single God based belief system. If one man is able to rule over mass amounts of people why cant god do that? Not only in Rome but in Eqypt, where a pharaoh ruled over masses, Judaism was born. This is the frist religion based on one god, that became popular. Soon Catholic/christainity were fromed in Rome. Soon After, the Middle east gave birth to the Muslems. All these different yet shockingly similar religions shared one important aspect, they all consisted of one God.

As it stands these religions are still popular today. Could it be because we are still ruled by one person? I am just stating an observation. Sorry i could not get more indept but time is of the essence and space too. If you want to know more look up gods/god and the clutures they consisted of and you figure out the similarties, or you could ask more questions. Sorry if I offended anyone that is not my intention.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I disagree but am not offended. Good theory.

You are right - God is a creation of man only because of our limited understanding. Our creation of beliefs is our attempt to understand something that is very real.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
I agree, that is the second part to this essay. There probably has always been some type of God and there still is some sort of god. But i doubt the God is a christain, muslem, catholic god, or any other religion concerning the existencee of one god. Why? because of what you said and i said, man has a limited understanding therefore is unalbe to grasp the real God. God could be the water runing down a waterfall, a star in the hevens, or even the core of the planet. Most likely God is something/someone so abstract that we are unable to comprehend her.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 64yrs • M •
Sorry I spoiled it - VERY Good. Even though my beliefs have advanced, I still pray to God, but I havn't a clue WHAT I'm praying to. Did you write this essay? Good Essay.

36yrs • M •
This is all me my friend. maybe I should copywrite it and sell it on ebay... lol

37yrs • M •
D'Esterre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

There is and can only be one God, the fault lies in that not everyone perceives him in the same way. Some say he tells them to accept other religions, some say he tells them to become insular and to distance themselves from other faiths and some say he tells them to fight against and to convert the other 'evil' faiths.
All have an argument so i will happilly say that they are all wrong and that by being merely human none of them know God. they just use him as an excuse to follow out their will and what they personally see as right.

This makes sense as if someone is a Christian but then decides that they disagree with part of it they will never accept that maybe they are wrong but will usually trade the 'old God' for a new one. They become new-age healers and stuff, they drop eternal life for reincarnation and such-like. This is an example of people moulding themselves a new God they can argue to be real.

"Think, just think and reflect."
 64yrs • M •
I am one of those persons who have molded themselves as you say.

But God was already molded for me long, long ago by a people I never knew, why should I follow along?

You can follow along or you can follow the truth. What is truth? It isn't just there waiting for you within the doctrine of a church, you have to find it. In a whole life time you may only capture a thread of truth, but it's worth it.

I don't know why people who follow dogma believe that everyone else has to also.

I just recently read this interesting story about how Edgar Cayce, his wife and secretary were all arrested for giving a reading. One of many times he was arrested. Yes, in America. I thank God I didn't live back then.

I don't know what God is. But I bet you I know more than those who think they know what God is.

A wise man says, "I wonder" and a fool says, "I know."

57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The beauty of Free will is just that, freedom.
We are free to commit sins, we are free to make our own theories, We are free to choose whom we follow.

It does say God is a jealous God. He Himself gave us that very 'truth' through the Ten Commandments.
But, in fact, He allows free will. The reason being is to weed out the harvest in the end.
Those who commit themselves wholly to God shall reap many rewards. It is written that the path to heaven is narrow, few shall go the path.
But freedom as good as it is, has a heavy price to pay.

Many are told in the New Testament to go out and preach the Good News to others and help them be recieved unto God.
That is why people 'counsel' others to hear the word.
If we do not do His will to bring in as many souls as possible, then we have done nothing to give back our love. For to love God is to love others. To love others is to love God.
See the circle?

We have 30,000 different christian theologies.
However, even in each relgion is confusion when we start minding our neighbors and not ourselves. Not that we should NOT keep them in the faith as best as possible, but we mind to their business and gossip, and spread dissention.

To employ the 'knowledge' of God, we must always be open to Him.
Church is where the communion of souls unite to keep themselves strong, and pray in togetherness. As He said, via JESUS 'When two or more come together in my name I shall be present'

Theories are part of your freedom of choice, but you must decide where you stand in the harvest.
http://loveandwar.proboards23.com/index.cgi

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 64yrs • M •
Dreamer - You express your religious beliefs very nicely.

I have witnessed in my own life that faith in something is powerful. It don't matter what, but to believe in something is powerful. Those of us who do not know what to believe will not have that power. It is a sacrifice I have choosen to take.

I will not call Jesus the Christ and declare that he is my savior, and I will not claim that he is not the Christ or our savior. I will not take a side on this, because frankly I don't know, and that I do know for sure.

We really can't know for sure. A belief is created from actual events or dramatized events, this is a religion of a God man created in his or her mind. It is true or it is not true. Most likely, the truth is not far from it, but not complete either. So I pray to the unknowing not knowing for sure believing that in the end, I will then know the truth. Between now and then, I do what I think is best.

57yrs • F •
Thank you for the compliment, but it is not something I came upon naturally. I too struggled in times in my life. I stopped attending church.
God in His way smacked me with LOVE and opened my heart and my mind. I see many folks who are in serious doubt, but wish to resolve their inner conflict.
It is nothing wonderful to ponder that which we cannot trust.
I can tell you God works in mysterious ways. Ways we really have no idea about. In our search and our quest, we overlook the answers sitting before us. And yet each night we pray for that 'insight'.

Here is wisdom, you should adhere to in your quest. Never has anyone suffered from believing. It is better to open up and trust in something than to let the doubt comsume you. In the end, you will know by your reward, if you overcome your fears.

Life is short, my friend, and so it is far better to be prepared fully for the next life. IF I am incorrect, I have lost nothing, If you are incorrect, you have lost salvation. In that I mean if you choose to abstain from 'vigoriously' settling down to God with Love and Fervor. It says in the Bible 'You are neither Hot nor Cold, You are lukewarm, and I shall spit you out'

Personally, I wish for you to be enlightened. In fact believing in Christ Jesus makes life so much more bearable, and easier.
However, I am not a pushy person by no means. It is sufficient for me to plant seeds of hope rather than sour a returning soul.

I do not know my role in life, and will not know until I meet my Creator. I do know this much, He created me, so He does love me. That is what I wish to spread, His love, His forgiveness, and His ultimate acceptance. Give Him your heart, and let HIM mold it. He is the one Who made it.
Peace, and thank you for your kind words.

64yrs • M •
I very much believe in God. There is no doubt there.

As far as Jesus is concerned. If you follow him, it will do you well, whether or not you belive he is your savior. I probebly should work harder at that.

I believe that God takes us as if we were a ball of clay and makes us into himself and that is my salvation and I do not doubt it. I was told this in a dream, and I believe that dream.

You do very well at showing the Lord's peace, love and patience, it must be your calling.

57yrs • F •
Dreams are from God. Even bad ones, if we learn the lesson from them.
Thank you, hon.
I have been through some very difficult trials.
They are expected as you evolve closer to God. It is because the Evil one will always be at His heel.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Simply put GOD is an entity that exists everywhere within every atom of the universe, he (which is irrelevent since were not talking about a human) could be described as the primevail force and energy that binds everything together, kinda like the force in starwars - IM VERY SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE PLEASE FORGIVE, many religions treat God as a singular conciusness, mind or intelligence like ourselves, but other philosophies regard God as not being as a singular being but a collective entity made up of our souls, when we complete our spiritual journey, we merge with the supreme soul that is god and our soul becomes one with him forever, this is what is taught in buddism - where god isnt refered to as a being but more a primeveil energy. Buddha is not the god of buddism as many people in the west may think, he represents the ultimate achievment of the soul a kind of standard for the ideal spiritual pilgrim, when enlightenment is reached the soul is freed and merges with those that are free, perhaps this is what GOD is a combination of our souls.

I UNDERSTAND THAT MY VIEWS HERE HAVE BEEN THOSE OF INDIAN (HINDU-BUDDHIST-SIKH) PHILOSOPHY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 64yrs • M •
Why do we keep saying, "I'm sorry if I offend anyone." The only time you will offend me is when you tell me I'm wrong because you're right. But as long as your expression your opinion, beliefs, feelings and experiences, don't worry about how anybody else takes it. They have a problem with it, that's their problem and it shouldn't be your concern. Your only responsibility is to listen to other peoples opinions, beliefs, feelings and experiences as you would want from others when you do the same. Just don't tell somebody they are wrong because you're right, you'll be okay by me.

I agree with this force thing, a sort of broken up but collective inteligence some scientists believe resides in the void between the atoms where a powerful invisible matter can be found.

Most indians believe in a great spirit.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey okcitykid, thanks for understanding, in a topic as sensetive as religion i didnt expect to be able to express my opinion without provoking anger and hatred - Thanks.
It is interesting to note that george lucas admited that he developed the idea of the FORCE in starwars after looking deeply at many philosophies of the ancient world such as those of India and China. That is why i mensioned it!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
Evolution of God
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy