Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What Star Are YOU? - Page 2

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
I'm a sagittarius, and I most definately do believe in astrology. As a teenager i was initially cynical, then inintriqued by the zodiacs, so i spent much time reading books and whatever I could find. I don't believe in the daily/weekly bullshit that most magazines write up. But books such as Linda Goodman's Sun Signs' or 'The Astrologers Handbook' are awesome. Recently I went to see a person who specialized in eastern astrology, and using all my birth detalis (date, time, place or birth) he made a personalised chart of information about me. Please note, even though I believe astrology to be accurate, I am still crtitical when it comes to evaluating new sources. Anyway, this guy was spot on accurate. He even stated where on my body my birthmark is! And there is only a handful of people, including my parents, who know the location of my birthmark

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im Cancer...

I really dont believe that your Zodiac sighn has anything to do with the person you are. If you give a list of characteristics and a bunch of people, odds are, that pretty much everyone will be a few of those things..... ie, a zodiac sighn says " You like to take controle and relation ships are important to you...." you say, well, Im pretty shy, but I do think my relationships are important.

Am I making sense????

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius, I also bought Sextrology, its a great book. Im a capricorn, and it was very very accurate.

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=astrology

thought this was funny, and appropriate for the thread.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 57yrs • F •
ddaniel1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Im not real sure that I beleive in the zodiacs. But I love to read them and I can say that there are a couple of them that seem to be right on. For a gemini this cannot be an easy task. For we are complicated. But wonderful

"tomorrow is another day"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I so believe in astrology, not the horoscope but the energies of each sign and planet. I'm taurus but i have a Scorpio moon. I do birth charts if anyone is interested (for free).

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I put far more stock in energies, but know nothing of them.

What have you got for Sept. 22 1977?

With that being on the cusp, its even confusing in terms of horoscopes, so any clarity or general insight interests me.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 42yrs • F •
i'm gonna need your time of birth too.

46yrs • M
4:08 pm. Phoenix AZ time. (no daylight savings there either)

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am an astrology guru...

When people doubt astrology I laugh and don't take it personality. People just don't understand what astrology it, ebcause it has been tainted with misconsceptions, generalizations, and false interpretations. Astrology IS real, but unless you take the time to understand what it REALLY means and represents, of course you're going to think it's bullshit, because you are prejudiced from what mainstream astrology represents. But its' much more than what most people think, very powerful and revealing.

"Dare to Dream"
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that beatle919 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Poprocks, I'm going to take you up on your offer (if you have the time of course)! I'm really into astrology, although I take it all with a grain of salt. Ultimately, I believe a variety of factors shape our lives and our time of birth is just one of many elements. Like leftwood, I'm on the cusp and am a little confused about how this plays into my sign.

September 19, 1979
12:07 p.m.

Thanks!

""A woman is like a bag of tea. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt"
 42yrs • F •
ok. i'll send you all a private message.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im a sagitarious and have some of the qualities that sign is supposed to have but i also dont have a lot of the qualities it says i should....i dont know about all this "sign" stuff, i mean, it interests me but i dont know how acurate or true it is,i would tend to belive your personality is based on way more than what month you were born

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 46yrs • M
"way more than what month you were born"

I'm not an astrologist, but I understand the base concept which is actually scientific, however, the meanings thus attributed I can't personally say. But lend to the very real possibility of determining such things in this manner, regardless of current accuracy.

Are you aware of what they are looking for in the time of birth? I don't know if you do or not but will explain as I understand it for now in case not.

Its not just the month, its to determine a time so as to be able to determine the exact posistioning of the solar system and any other significant cosmic factors that mave have taken place at that time.

And the reason behind that is a very real scientific system of energy produced and affected by such forces as gravity, radiation, and all the known and unknown forces and energies produced by celestial bodies and factors.

Ancient knowledge of the stars is factually far more substantial and advanced than that of the average modern person. I don't know about its comparison to top scientist and astrologers, but not everything is even known about ancient knowledge anyway and falls as speculation at some point.

But these energies follow very traceable patterns and cycles, which make them calcualble in their possible effects, and have had man working on doing just that since the beggining I'm sure. Starting with the Sun and the Moon.

So energy obviously affects us, and when in patterns they bring associations and calculations.

This is also why there is a feasible debate on how much we actually control our actions, decisions, personalities etc. because we already know there are forces affecting us but don't know all of how, and we of course know there are forces we don't even know of let alone their affects, etc.

Just another variation of the debate between written destiny and free will.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
while i do agree,generally, with what you are saying there are some definate flaws in determining personality that way,from my experience an reading......there are just too many other factors...

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
What Star Are YOU? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy