Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Whats Happened To Us?

User Thread
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats Happened To Us?
Whats happened to our news and daily reports? I think that we do not show enough good vibe news on tv or in newspapers and its depressing. The other week I just glanced at the front of Sat paper and on the front page there was an injured person with blood gushing from his face and body after being bombed. What if children see that? I dont think it was a good pic to put on the front page, no wonder were so sad and 'depressed because we never hear about the actual good news that goes on.....
Yes put it in the papers etc but in the middle not on the front and I never see anthing good in the papers happening or on tv either.

Maybe the occasional birth on Valentine's Day or an old lady celebrating her 100th birthday but that's all.

Im sure there's plenty of good things happening everyday that we can hear about or read and make us smile for the day?

Has anyone got any good news that they have heard or have happened to them lately? Please do tell that'll be great!

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is no news that is not bad news... or so it seems- I agree with what you have observed. I was thinking abou this the other day- I guess it comes down to who decides what is and is not "news" . Death and destruction are allways news perhaps because it is so startling and provoking there are are always these terrible events, but is a persons death more noteworthy than there life? It seems so- there accomplishment are not newsworthy unless they are an athelete of some sort.
Perhaps though bad news reminds us of our mortality? With all that bad news it would be hard to forget. Maybe it is easier to measure bad news as well?

Still I agree there should be more emphasis on good news and positive events- As for me good news? My lady loved the chocolates I gave her for valentines day! We have been together for a long time and still love each other. My job is to help people with internet problems and on a daily basis I ussually get 20 or so people back online after problems- It is nice to help - I like that aspect of the job and tommorow is a stat holiday meaning I will be paid for the day - I still have to work but will receive time and a half on top of that so A nice juicy check will be coming up... I have also fallen in love with Vanilla Pepsi man is that stuff good!....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Roninheart19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I once heard that the media keeps warm and fuzzy things out of the news because they want us to be insecure about what is going on around us. If we fear the world we live in, it makes us that much easier to control. When faced with uncertainty and fear, people will do damn near anything to feel that security again (patriot act ring any bells?). For every death talked about on tv, there are dozens of marriages, yet the media would rather talk about someone's brutal murder than to remind us that there are things out there that can really make life a wonderful thing. It makes me wonder..

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well things aren't exactly sterling right now. Serious international things anyway.
I'm sure there are plenty of funny/happy/gossip papers around. There's the Sun in Britain and Riviera Reporter here.
It all depends on which paper you read.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 43yrs • F •
Congrats I R Me I'm glad that your Valentines went well as so did mine.

I too am much happier these days as Ive just started studyin again after about 5 yrs of mindless fulltime work to help pay off bills. Yes I have no money now but hey my brains getting a work out.
Im studying Environmental Science and one of the modules Im doing is Human Ecology which is very interesting and sad at the same time. Because our lecturer has been giving of stats and notes on future figures of the population and how if we keep going on the way we do with our resourses and baby making we may soon end up with no resourses and too many people in this world.
It just makes me sad that my children may have to suffer because of past mistakes and stupidity of others?!

I guess only time will tell? But in the mean time Im trying my hardest everyday to be environmentally friendly in every aspect I do, or though I cant get rid of my car I NEED it
Oh if only public transport was more reliable around here.....

52yrs • M •
Hey good news-
Speaking of cars I finnally got my licence! so I can drive now! I can't wait to polute up the air! TO HELL WITH THE BUS!
I am a happy Dude now!

43yrs • F •
Ok how come you never got your license earlier? I got mine when I was about 17yrs old although I shouldnt of because I was a shocking driver back then, although my boyfriend still reckons I still am.
Is the public transport shocking in Canada?

52yrs • M •
It is a true story beleive it or not- I simply never had a car- I think I had this terrible phobia of failing the test but all went well-

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the canadian bus system is fairy good, I have lived alll over canada form New Brunswick to where I live now in B.C.

All in all it aint too shaby.

48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im glad I have a car but sometimes its a pain, my boyfriend doesnt cuz he lived in Cali and the bus was a better option. Well we now live in city and I have to drive him to the airport when he goes on business trips and I cant stand driving 45 miles just to go drop him off and pick him up at 10:00 at night. I just dont like to drive unless its to go shopping or to work. Other then that I dont use my car much.

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 52yrs • M •
Thanks to who ever got rid of those nasty posts- someone had a chip on their shoulder for certain....

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is a theory that if we focused on nicer things, our world would become a nicer world. I don't fully subscribe to that theory, but I do think there is too much negativity. Why don't we here about the lady who has been taking care of her mother who has cancer for so long, but now her mother is cured. It happens.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 52yrs • M •
I think it is difficult to put your finger on good news because it does not happen with the suddeness of bad news. Bad news ie involving deaths or destruction happens at a given time and place there are absolutes there.

But hey lets here some good news from people- send us your good news.

43yrs • F •
I have good news and bad news, Good News: Friday nite got pissed and had an absolute ball.
Bad News: chundered in the toilet bowl. Hmmm tasty

52yrs • M •
Chundered? sounds bad to many donuts probably- happens to me all the time especially after shaving....

My good news I bought this insane homeless guy a coffe this morning my generosity has no boundries. (actually I do make donations to the local homeless shelter)

Whats Happened To Us?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy