Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life, Already Planned?

User Thread
 2023yrs • M •
Kariik is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Life, Already Planned?
I have a theory on life, and i would be interested to hear other peoples views on what i have to say. but i think the life we are living now is already planned for us, i think that from the moment be are born we are given a set time for when we will die, everything we do is working towards human conclusion, which inevitably is death.

to try and explain my point of our lives being planned, have you ever had dejavous where you have seen the exact situation before it happens? how can that be?

love is another strange part of life. are we all destined to meet our perfect match? i think so. life finds a way of bringing the two parties together. you think you are in total control of who you look for and what you like in a man/woman, but if you are with anyone now, just think about how you met. think about a week before and what you were doing, before you met the person who would change your life forever.(in a good or a bad way) maybe you were in the pub, with friends, sat at home watching tv. those events you were doing, although they seem small were building up to the moment when you would meet that person. This doesn't just apply to love, it can apply to anything. but what about when things don't go the way we want, when they make us upset or nervous etc?... they are there for a reason, even if they seem bad at the time.

let me give another example. decission making. do we really have control of what we decide? do i want the the job which will give me the most peronal satisfaction but not pay that well, or the job that pays well that i find boring. the decission is already made. you just have to wait to live it. if you think "oh if only i had gone for the other one" the fact is you cannot go back in time to change a decission, it is there for a reason for you. that is why you chose it. that event is there to set you up for another part of you life.

fortune telling...how can it be done if we are in control of our own lives?(supposidly) i went to a very good fortune teller, everything she told me has come true so far, even the things i did't like...how can she know though?.

i could go a heck of alot more indepth with this whole thing but i won't. in my view i think life is planned, and you have to look at every obastacle thrown at you as part of life that will set you up for another event, utnil inevitably you will reach the end. take the rough with the smooth.

this is just a personal opinion, i would be interested to find out what other people think on the matter.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heh...heh...heh... you basically summed up the matrix trilogy right there.

"do you believe in fate?"
"no"
"why?"
"because i dont like the idea that im not in control of my life"
"i know exactly what you mean"

ironically Neo does everything he is meant to do, everything that was planned out for him. and yet he also chose to do everything on his own terms.

im pretty sure there is already a thread about fate tho, so im not gonna delve into things here.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You've also described a form of God, omniscient and omnipotent, he would control our lives to the fullest.
Honestly however, I do not believe this at all. Some people don't find true love, some people die miserable and some people die without having ever lived. The universe has shown very little evidence of being controlled and designed by a conscious entity.

Fortune tellers : what they say tends to be vague enough to be true and/or can tell things about you (the way you act or dress) that would make something likly to become true .

Do we really control decisions? Harder to say, technically, probably not, everything seems to be determined by the laws of physics. In practice, our societies and our lives can only function if responsibility and decision making are true. But even if we do not control our decisions, that does not mean a conscious entity does.

Now, I certainly will often get the IMPRESSION that an entity is taunting me and going out of its way to piss me off and doing everything to make my life an ironic little pathetic episode, however, that is only an impression, and emotions aside, there is no good reason I know of that would indicate that an entity controls our lives.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heh...heh...heh... you basically summed up the matrix trilogy right there . . . strange I was going to your thread with this post.
As I had noted early (predating post) had some debates about reincarnation. One of his line of conceptions ran along the lines that we choose to enter life knowing what we are to overcome in that life. I guess you could say we prevue the life which is guided to form aspects which we need to change or to work on related values. As the vague feelings described in matrix seem to emerge from the subconcious or unconcious mind, they could relate to the spiritual being.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 2023yrs • M •
Kariik is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yup i agree the Matrix Trilogy really got me thinking along those lines, even although i had been having similar thoughts before,the Matrix just clarified it.
Also the Terminator Films. The conclusion being you can't change the future.

My personal theory on Deja vu... to be honest with you i am not sure, perhaps it is the mind controling events without you conciously knowing it, or perhaps we just watch a snippet of our lives in fast forward (what i think) . But my own personal experiences have been very real, and wierd how they just faid away after about 10-15 seconds, back to "living in the moment"
Again i don't know how to explain it, as in reality it is just the mind trying to find out about/explain its own actions.
It is hard to note Deja Vu experiences as people know who have had them, as you are more interested in seeing what is going to happen, and more inportantly if it is right to what you are thinking is going to happen. So...we are conciously wanting to see what is ahead...why don't we stop oursleves? or is it purely because we can't.
when i last had a Deja Vu a couple of weeks ago i tried to do a hand movement or movement of the body while experiencing it which i thought might "trick it". The movements which i did i saw in Deja Vu. So i tried to "change" it if you like, but ended up seeing what i was going to do while doing it, Suggesting that we can't change the way we are heading. Damn hard to explain.

How can the mind know what will come next before it happnens, if we truely are in control of what we do, then why can't be break the Deja Vu experience when we are in it? *shrug*

37yrs • M •
What is it with deja vu?
It seems like everyone on this forum has experienced it and treats it like fact?

2023yrs • M •
how do you treat it?

37yrs • M •
I've never experienced it and I don't even really know what you mean by it. I don't know anyone who's personally experienced it.
So really, I don't treat it, but I should ask, what do you mean by deja vu?

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DumbTeen, scince this is not the deja vu thread i'll try to answer your question in THE deja vu thread

Kariik, very interesting ..... but why if everything is planned out for us alreayd, why can't it be planned out a better way - so that life's a little more fun and people don't die in stupid accidents ... if someone planned it out they definetly could've done a better job

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
maybe people die stupidly to learn a particular lesson. this would require you to believe in reincarnation tho, probably. also, your perception of "dying stupidly" may mean something to the person who actually dies. "we are all here to do what we are all here to do" maybe some people are here to die stupidly LOL

37yrs • M •
mobyman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hi everyone

i have to say here i dont agree with you kariik, but i do agree with dumbteen.

Its hard to say what controls our decision. I suppose its a mix of our values, and the way that society influences us. I do not however beleive that our lives are pre determined and we are simply following a path with inevitable obstacles.

Just because our lives will have a set outcome, and every decision and every action will have set outcome, does not mean these outcomes have been predecided. Personally i beleive life is what you make it, you are given attributes and you do the best with what you can. (*Best in the context of -- what you personally consider to be best, - weather its : beomcing rich, being self fulfilled in your job or marrying some hot chick*).

I cant remember who mentioned, something about a conscious mind determining our decision. My opinon : If you look at the earth subjectively, as in, we are all locked in subjectivity ( our minds can only think in the realm of a humans mind ) , then obviously our earth our entire *realm is a mechanism with laws. One of these laws if you beleive it could be karma* (what goes around comes around). Its very interesting to look at this way and to be more detailed rather than the matrix's vague statements like *we are all here to do what we are all here to do* LOL!

So i do think we are part of a *mechanism which has laws, but i also beleive that something intervenes call him *god if you like.

Id love to here other peoples opinons on this matter! Especially you dumbteen

take it ez guys.

[  Edited by mobyman at   ]
 72yrs • M •
I cant remember who mentioned, something about a conscious mind determining our decision. Hmm . . . do you really think our conscious mind is in control?
Our conscious mind may win out over our subconscious desires but I think that the subconscious more readily is in control. Consider any daily activity we do is accomplished by to a great degree by the subconscious subroutines from the time you open your eyes tillyou brush your teeth and go to sleep at nite.
Advertising is basisly aimed at impulse buying, suggestability implants into our thoughts that we need those air-nyke to be accepted or to play better? You go to the burger barn and on impulse you get a shake with your usual burger and fries?
Is our entire *realm is a mechanism with laws just a facade which we like to drape our perceptions so we may pretend we are in control?
Teen: Strange thing about it is that it seems to come to one out of the blue, not controling rather a vague flash of recognizition. Like unexpectedly seeing someone you know or think you might know but you can't place How or Where.

2023yrs • M •
What triggers the subconscious state of mind to make a decission i wonder? something must have to. ( for if we want a shake with our burger for example), but if we don't "think" it...what makes the decission for the subconscious state of mind, to then tell the conscious state of mind? hmm

72yrs • M •
Don't know if the sub tells the conscious or not? If you consider thet simple acts like reaching for the salt
You come to the table for breakfast, oatmeal .
You reach for the spoon and take a spoon full in your mouth.
Several things have occured and several more are about to happen? so you sit there with a mouth full of mush, what now? Ahh, this taste bland so you reach for the salt.
On the other hand, if the oat meal was real hot and you burned your mouth then you would have either spit it out &/or grabbed the glass of milk.
The point being we may consciously decide to eat but the act concieved by the conscious mind is direct by subconscious actions to be completed? Yet in some instances the subconscious mind directly (re)acts wheather spitting out hot coffee or playing the violin, are not these actions controlled by both level?
But does the conscious mind have the primary control or the subconscious?

Kariik , I don't mean to ignore your thoughts but rather I felt that some prelimenary ground work should be questioned so that others, who may disagree with this line of thinking may give voice to their own thinking. Nor do I intend to take over this string by seeking to direct it in some manner.
Hmm . . . In studing Christianity I came to find a stumbling stone. What is this thing called spirit? Their conceptions seems to lead into a divergent preceptions of a non-being and something which is related to our physical being? I related the latter as being related to the subconscious, which restates the pior question too.
But does the conscious mind have the primary control or the subconscious with an open end pointing toward spiritual concepts?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 40yrs • M •
i think the sub holds true power over our actions. take falling in love for example. often times we fall in love, not even realizing its happening. also, many times people fall in love even tho they conciesouly know that everything about the person they fall for is wrong for them. also sometimes when we get hungry we have strange urges to eat a particular thing. we are aware that we are hungry but have no idea why we want what we want. as far as the spiritual side goes, some people are compelled toward religeon, some are compelled to go against it. if you ask why a person feels one way or another about it, most if not all of the time they cant give a solid answer.

Life, Already Planned?
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy